Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield vs Charlton post match views

Comments

• Options

Brilliant away journey, until I was unable to locate any off-licence or super market in chesterfield town centre.

What a backwards place

A dry train journey home from an away game is absolutely criminal
    Ours was not dry.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    You wouldn't know elfs you was asleep
  • Options

Brilliant away journey, until I was unable to locate any off-licence or super market in chesterfield town centre.

What a backwards place

A dry train journey home from an away game is absolutely criminal
    Ours was not dry.
    Leaky windows?
  • Options
    There is a discussion of Konsa here. It is very rare indeed to get total consistency from the start with young players, Konsa is no exception, which is why the introduction of young players is almost an art in itself.
    For anybody interested there will be the latest crop of young players on show at The Valley tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    Holmes has been our stand out player this season but his crossing practise needs some serious attention during the close season.
    He gets plenty of the ball, if only he could up his successful crossing percentage (particularly with his high ball crosses), he would be significantly more of a threat.
  • Options

Holmes has been our stand out player this season but his crossing practise needs some serious attention during the close season.
    He gets plenty of the ball, if only he could up his successful crossing percentage (particularly with his high ball crosses), he would be significantly more of a threat.

I fear that it won't be our concern come August.

• Options

Fair assessment soundas however this is probably the reason as to why he hasn't made it any higher, the same arguably applied to Danny Green with the lack of pace and ability to take on a winger.
  • Options

Agreed. He doesn't always look up before he makes the cross.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

glad Riga, Peeters, Matthew, Luzon, Fraeye, Riga Mk2, Slade, Nugent, Robinson Jimmy Seed has been chosen for the revamped Red and White army chant.

Might try singing it in North Upper with the other old timers.
    That'd be a laugh.

Meant to say that I agree about Crofts. In this new position in front of the back four he's been getting in some great tackles. Weaaaay!
  • Options

KHA said:

Throughout the season the media have ‘reported’ the interest of top premier league clubs in Ezri Konsa, but I have struggled to see the potential implied by this interest. I realise he is young and so there’s plenty of scope for development, but at the moment I see a player lacking two essential qualities needed by a central defender: strength and dominance in the air. He is also very static when in possession, making it easy to press him and leading to his often being caught in possession. I’d be surprised if we lose him in the summer.

After talking down Konsa I should talk up Crofts. He doesn’t seem to be much liked by supporters, but the role he has now been given to shield the back four is tailor-made for him. I have seen the last two away matches (Coventry and Chesterfield) and for me he has been the stand-out outfield player.

One more comment on players. Jay Dasilva’s physical height is 5 foot 4, but when he jumps for the ball he grows considerably. At Shrewsbury he out-jumped someone who must have been about a foot taller. This was so surprising that I began to think I had imagined it. However, yesterday at Chesterfield his extraordinary elasticity when leaping was on display again.

Completely disagree re Konsa. I think he's definitely got the class and will develop into a very good player. His best position may be shielding the back four or as a sweeper in a back 3.

Agree about Crofts though. He's been very dependable in that role and hasn't let us down. I'd certainly give him another year even if it's to be as a squad player. We could do a lot worse.
    Crofts isn't the sort of player that will get us out of this league though, well, get us out upwards anyway.

He got caught in possession early on y'day and I don't think he's very comfortable with a football.

If we want league one consolidation finishing 13th - 20th Crofts is excellent at that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

KHA said:

Throughout the season the media have ‘reported’ the interest of top premier league clubs in Ezri Konsa, but I have struggled to see the potential implied by this interest. I realise he is young and so there’s plenty of scope for development, but at the moment I see a player lacking two essential qualities needed by a central defender: strength and dominance in the air. He is also very static when in possession, making it easy to press him and leading to his often being caught in possession. I’d be surprised if we lose him in the summer.

After talking down Konsa I should talk up Crofts. He doesn’t seem to be much liked by supporters, but the role he has now been given to shield the back four is tailor-made for him. I have seen the last two away matches (Coventry and Chesterfield) and for me he has been the stand-out outfield player.

One more comment on players. Jay Dasilva’s physical height is 5 foot 4, but when he jumps for the ball he grows considerably. At Shrewsbury he out-jumped someone who must have been about a foot taller. This was so surprising that I began to think I had imagined it. However, yesterday at Chesterfield his extraordinary elasticity when leaping was on display again.

Completely disagree re Konsa. I think he's definitely got the class and will develop into a very good player. His best position may be shielding the back four or as a sweeper in a back 3.

Agree about Crofts though. He's been very dependable in that role and hasn't let us down. I'd certainly give him another year even if it's to be as a squad player. We could do a lot worse.
    Crofts isn't the sort of player that will get us out of this league though, well, get us out upwards anyway.

He got caught in possession early on y'day and I don't think he's very comfortable with a football.

If we want league one consolidation finishing 13th - 20th Crofts is excellent at that
    I'm not saying first 11 but as a squad player we could do a lot worse.

People said that about Andy Hughes when we signed him 'not the sort of player who will get us promoted'.

But he played his part and did very well. Likewise Pritchard.
  • Options

cabbles said:

KHA said:

People said that about Andy Hughes when we signed him 'not the sort of player who will get us promoted'.

Mate I think Hughes was a far better player and had a much greater influence on the dressing room. Pritchard really came into his own in our league one winning season, I felt it was the championship that was a step too far for him.

I just can't see it with Crofts. I'm sure he's a good pro and gives his all I just don't think he's worth keeping

However, as we're going absolutely nowhere under RD and the team is likely to be more u23s next season, it might make sense to keep him in that respect
  • Options
    cabbles said:

KHA said:

The only thing that Driesen got right the whole time he has been involved at Charlton is that he thought Crofts wasn't good enough. He really isn't.
  • Options

cabbles said:

KHA said:

Andy Hughes was about 4th choice, I'd be ok with Crofts being the same.
  • Options
    Not sure if others saw this, however, Ricky went to get the ball of JFC for the penalty. Looked at JJ as to suggest...well it's your call skipper, but no response. RH stood back watched the missed penalty, then walked straight off the field down the tunnel, without as much as a glance towards the bench or handshake with fellow team mates or opposition players. Some discontent there sadly perhaps. For me he puts in an excellent shift not every cross comes off however he is often double marked and still manages to create space and interest.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

What a backwards place

Blue bell doing bottles Carlsberg export a pound
    Don't you ever have any good news?
  • Options
    I think Pritchard struggled with the pitch rather than step up. He was decent away. Djiksteel and Lapslie could do a better job in front of the defence than Crofts.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

KHA said:

Mate I think Hughes was a far better player and had a much greater influence on the dressing room. Pritchard really came into his own in our league one winning season, I felt it was the championship that was a step too far for him.

I just can't see it with Crofts. I'm sure he's a good pro and gives his all I just don't think he's worth keeping

However, as we're going absolutely nowhere under RD and the team is likely to be more u23s next season, it might make sense to keep him in that respect
    Certainly wasn't the first season with the 4th most assists in the league. Shame he fell away so badly the next season
  • Options
    I thought pritchard was absolutely dreadful who went through a purple patch. Not surprised at all to see him completely slip out of football.
  • Options
    One of my more enjoyable away trips. A big thank you to cabbles for a wonderful early birthday present treating me to a coach and match ticket.
    Loved the down to earth Derby Tup pub. Best pie of the season (steak & ale).
    Terrific chapter on the history of the 'communication chord' in my railways book.
    Felt a sense of anti climax following a win with that consolation goal and missed pen in injury time.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

KHA said:

Certainly wasn't the first season with the 4th most assists in the league. Shame he fell away so badly the next season
    The whole second season was tough for everyone given that was when Cash pulled his cash and we were scrambling around for free transfers like Church a couple of weeks prior to the opening fixture.

Shame really because i liked Pritchard.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

KHA said:

The whole second season was tough for everyone given that was when Cash pulled his cash and we were scrambling around for free transfers like Church a couple of weeks prior to the opening fixture.

But it was Pritchard who really fell away, which was strange, and he's never come back. It's not as if he suffered from injuries like Wiggins (and Solly)
  • Options

One of my more enjoyable away trips. A big thank you to cabbles for a wonderful early birthday present treating me to a coach and match ticket.
    Loved the down to earth Derby Tup pub. Best pie of the season (steak & ale).
    Terrific chapter on the history of the 'communication chord' in my railways book.
    Felt a sense of anti climax following a win with that consolation goal and missed pen in injury time.

Yes but by your own admittance, you've started to skim read now and the book is becoming 'a bit heavy'. Another sign of weakness.

You read enough to tell me that originally the communication and emergency cord started out life under the seat, and then was placed above people's heads to pull, but that's as far as we got.

And the fact that the book can only be read on an away game inside a dj coach means we'll all have to wait until next season to hear the next riveting chapter
  • Options
    Had a nice couple of (cold) days up in the Peaks .. as for the 'football' .. ((:<)

Looks now as though we'll have Robinson (I shall desist from calling him by any other derogatory name .. for now) next season ..
    IF he can cut out the bullshit and maintain this belated winning streak, he and the team will get my support .. we MUST get out of this league a s a p or sooner .. Sheffield United we aint
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Appears that Ched Evans (Chesterfield) is about to sign for... Sheffield United

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

KHA said:

No, the plug was pulled in 2012 and dramatically affected the team building for 12/13.
  • Options

Appears that Ched Evans (Chesterfield) is about to sign for... Sheffield United

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39697804

Don't think he should good enough for the championship.
  • Options
    Seems like a strange signing given he's had a poor season but based on Wilder's statistics as a manager to date, he'll probably get him scoring again.
  • Options
    He had a shit game Saturday
  • Options
    clb74 said:

He had a shit game Saturday

Unless I am missing your dreadful attempt at humour, he was not even in the squad.