Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chesterfield vs Charlton post match views

Comments

• Options

Brilliant away journey, until I was unable to locate any off-licence or super market in chesterfield town centre.

What a backwards place

Blue bell doing bottles Carlsberg export a pound
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Intercourse with the wife was more interesting.

I agree :blush:
  • Options
    Was at the game. Typical end of season, going through the motions performance. Nothing to report. Holmes livened up towards the end, Konsa was solid and Jacko should've taken the penalty. Sell the club.

Anyone chat to Katrien on the train home? I was going up north but spied her hiding amongst some apologists on the platform.
  • Options

Can I assume we are mathematically safe, now?

Too late to mention the playoffs?
  • Options
    Pretty boring end of season game really. As said by others no one really shone. A half decent team would have absolutely battered Chesterfield today as they were awful. We have a long way to go to be a top 6 side. Happy with the win but was all a bit meh.
  • Options
    Ohhhh yeeeeaaaaahhhh....two in a row! Thank you Roland, thank you Robinson, thank you Meire, thank you SMT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15% 7th-12th ............. 85% 13th-20th

Heady times
  • Options
    To all the doubters, Tarby told us that the rest of Div1 were waiting for us to charge up the league and we have.
  • Options

Finally, the Charlton charge as promised by one Karl Robinson. Watch out the rest of the division.

Oh.

Sorry Weegie didn't read all thread before posting.

Best such positive news is reiterated though.
  • Options

Was at the game. Typical end of season, going through the motions performance. Nothing to report. Holmes livened up towards the end, Konsa was solid and Jacko should've taken the penalty. Sell the club.

Anyone chat to Katrien on the train home? I was going up north but spied her hiding amongst some apologists on the platform.

Thought Konsa was dreadful. At fault for 2nd goal and nearly cost us a couple of times in the first half.... ??

• Options
    Spanish said:

Thought Konsa was dreadful. At fault for 2nd goal and nearly cost us a couple of times in the first half.... ??

Agree 100%
  • Options
    Spanish said:

Their 2nd goal?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Spanish said:

Their 2nd goal?
    Heineken Shmineken.... You know what I mean...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa is only 19, and has been played all over the pitch, which can't help his positional awareness. At this stage of his career he's still very raw, yes he clearly "looks" quite a quality player (in the way Gomez caught the eye) but he's a long way off the finished article

• Options
    Don't think you can compare Gomez and Konsa at all. Gomez oozed class, Konsa is ok at best.
  • Options
    Konsa is fine but has just had a dip in form. It's been an excellent season for him because he's gone from U23s to being in the 1st Team squad almost every week and has a host of Premier League scouts watching him.

If he can fill out a bit, he could easily make a decent midfielder but is more likely to settle at centre back.
  • Options
    I was really impressed with No. 39, young lad.
    Overall game, think we were lucky to win.
  • Options
    glad Riga, Peeters, Matthew, Luzon, Fraeye, Riga Mk2, Slade, Nugent, Robinson Jimmy Seed has been chosen for the revamped Red and White army chant.

• Options
    KHA said:

Throughout the season the media have ‘reported’ the interest of top premier league clubs in Ezri Konsa, but I have struggled to see the potential implied by this interest. I realise he is young and so there’s plenty of scope for development, but at the moment I see a player lacking two essential qualities needed by a central defender: strength and dominance in the air. He is also very static when in possession, making it easy to press him and leading to his often being caught in possession. I’d be surprised if we lose him in the summer.

After talking down Konsa I should talk up Crofts. He doesn’t seem to be much liked by supporters, but the role he has now been given to shield the back four is tailor-made for him. I have seen the last two away matches (Coventry and Chesterfield) and for me he has been the stand-out outfield player.

One more comment on players. Jay Dasilva’s physical height is 5 foot 4, but when he jumps for the ball he grows considerably. At Shrewsbury he out-jumped someone who must have been about a foot taller. This was so surprising that I began to think I had imagined it. However, yesterday at Chesterfield his extraordinary elasticity when leaping was on display again.

Completely disagree re Konsa. I think he's definitely got the class and will develop into a very good player. His best position may be shielding the back four or as a sweeper in a back 3.

Agree about Crofts though. He's been very dependable in that role and hasn't let us down. I'd certainly give him another year even if it's to be as a squad player. We could do a lot worse.
  • Options

Konsa is only 19, and has been played all over the pitch, which can't help his positional awareness. At this stage of his career he's still very raw, yes he clearly "looks" quite a quality player (in the way Gomez caught the eye) but he's a long way off the finished article

If anything it should improve him as a player, learning a few positions. Doesn't do the Dutch any harm.
  • Options

If anything it should improve him as a player, learning a few positions. Doesn't do the Dutch any harm.
    It's really hard though to learn your trade if you're continually being moved around the pitch. It's not as if he's been playing as the holding midfielder in the previous games, as he was further forward, often in attacking positions

• Options

This is also 100% correct, but he was an accident waiting to happen yesterday.
    Still a real prospect