Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2017

Comments

• Options
    After a good few years of reasonably excessive trips abroad, a big mortage on the horizon means raining it in for the foreseeable, so just had 5 nights in Cornwall and am ashamed I've never ventured down there before and will certinally venture that way more often now.

Loved Falmouth, St Ives, St Mawes and Porthleven amongst others. And another great Airnbnb experience.

For those asking about Malta in Sept, just a note that England play there on the 1st Sept, so probably a few k England fans for a week or so, which may not exactly enhance your holiday.

And a big plus for Dubrovnik and the Montenegro coastline for those who were discussing it above - stunning!!
  • Options

Did Sandy Balls at Easter, Centre Pacs in the May half term, couple of weeks in Chiclana, Spain in August and possibly the canaries in the October half term. Got a few weekend trips sorted, Goodwood Revival, Arras, New Romney.

Booked Disneyland Paris for the October half term in the end, has anyone driven there?
  • Options

Did Sandy Balls at Easter, Centre Pacs in the May half term, couple of weeks in Chiclana, Spain in August and possibly the canaries in the October half term. Got a few weekend trips sorted, Goodwood Revival, Arras, New Romney.

Booked Disneyland Paris for the October half term in the end, has anyone driven there?
    I drove there a few years ago, I think it took about 3 hours from Calais, I remember that there was loads of parking at the resort
  • Options

I drove there a few years ago, I think it took about 3 hours from Calais, I remember that there was loads of parking at the resort
    Cheers, we needed separate rooms and the only Disney place available is 15 mins from the site with no shuttle.
  • Options
    Next week to South Tyrol - in Italy just beyond the Brenner pass, but German speaking. St Martin in Passeirer, north of Merano. Not widely known on here I would suppose, but if anyone has been, and has tips...
  • Options
    off to Ibiza on Saturday morning for 7 nights.
  • Options

After a good few years of reasonably excessive trips abroad, a big mortage on the horizon means raining it in for the foreseeable, so just had 5 nights in Cornwall and am ashamed I've never ventured down there before and will certinally venture that way more often now.

Loved Falmouth, St Ives, St Mawes and Porthleven amongst others. And another great Airnbnb experience.

For those asking about Malta in Sept, just a note that England play there on the 1st Sept, so probably a few k England fans for a week or so, which may not exactly enhance your holiday.

And a big plus for Dubrovnik and the Montenegro coastline for those who were discussing it above - stunning!!

Good man,

I am fortunate enough to have both the time and income to travel the world however a year is not complete for us without a week or two in Cornwall.

We have fallen in love with North Cornwall and cannot get enough of it.
  • Options
    We go to Menorca on Saturday morning for a week.
    Kids (4+6) excited by the hotels' on site water park.

If they are happy - we are happy.
  • Options
    4 nights in Dudley early December...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    When you are part of the jet set...
  • Options
    Currently up in the Pyrenees and didn't realise it was so beautiful and green up here! We're about 10 mins from the Spanish border so it's a Catalan flavour up here.

Stunning tbf. Found the most amazing restaurant yesterday called Panoramix - top notch. Jews and food. (Waitress was pretty hot too :-))
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Currently up in the Pyrenees and didn't realise it was so beautiful and green up here! We're about 10 mins from the Spanish border so it's a Catalan flavour up here.

Stunning tbf. Found the most amazing restaurant yesterday called Panoramix - top notch. Jews and food. (Waitress was pretty hot too :-))

WHAT?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

WHAT?
    I think he meant to type "views". But @Swisdom does hold some very odd views...

• Options

Next week to South Tyrol - in Italy just beyond the Brenner pass, but German speaking. St Martin in Passeirer, north of Merano. Not widely known on here I would suppose, but if anyone has been, and has tips...

Then why ask?
  • Options

good mate of mine owns a cottage in Porthleven and we've been quite a few times, absolutely love the place and surrounding areas - kids love Flambards and we love the harbour and pubs.

Senen Cove beach (nr Lands End) is a must visit place
  • Options

Good man,

I am fortunate enough to have both the time and income to travel the world however a year is not complete for us without a week or two in Cornwall.

We have fallen in love with North Cornwall and cannot get enough of it.
    love North Cornwall and have been probably eight of the last ten years. Been very lucky in hiring some really nice cottages off the net. In my opinion Polzeath is the best beach in the south west. However for a change we are off to South Devon for two weeks this year. Looking forward to discovering different places instead of visiting old favourites.

• Options

Swisdom said:

WHAT?
    I think he meant to type "views". But @Swisdom does hold some very odd views...

Oops. Damn autocorrect

Yes I meant views
  • Options

4 nights in Dudley early December...

Show off
    Dudley aint happy and his missus is lived!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2017
    Going to Cape Verde in November for my missus B'day! 3rd time going there and wasn't really about going there again but now its paid off and work is gathering pace & stress I am looking forward to it! The islands motto is ''no stress'' after all...

Talking of Cornwall though went to St.Ives this year for my birthday and bloody loved it! Lands End, St.Michaels mount was brilliant! Would go back happily!

Underestimated British breaks but with St.Ives and climbing/walking Snowdon! So much to offer.
  • Options

Then why ask?
    Because I hope for some tips, but don't expect it.

Why ask?

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

We go to Menorca on Saturday morning for a week.
    Kids (4+6) excited by the hotels' on site water park.

If they are happy - we are happy.

Where abouts is that if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    Brasil-January
    Prague-March
    Madrid-May
    Dublin-July
    Sofia-November
    Buenos Aires and Brasil-December
  • Options

Brasil-January
    Prague-March
    Madrid-May
    Dublin-July
    Sofia-November

It's hardly Dudley though, is it...
  • Options

Brasil-January
    Prague-March
    Madrid-May
    Dublin-July
    Sofia-November

It's hardly Dudley though, is it...
    Plenty of beautiful places to go in this country but you cannot rely on the weather.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Brasil-January
    Prague-March
    Madrid-May
    Dublin-July
    Sofia-November

You missed out Goole - or was that last year?
  • Options

Brasil-January
    Prague-March
    Madrid-May
    Dublin-July
    Sofia-November

You missed out Goole - or was that last year?
    September 2016, and it poured down all day!
  • Options
    Red_James said:

Booked a holiday to Mauritius for next March for 2 weeks for me, the missus and our son who will be 15 months old when we go.

Has anyone been/can recommend any trips/restaurants etc?

Just catching up on this thread - where in Mauritius?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    -