Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Holidays 2017

Comments

• stonemuse said:

Carter said:

me and the missus changed our mind about Cape Verde and decided to treat ourselves to 10 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico in October. Cannot wait.

We've been to both over the last few years and whilst being both very different you will love either. Riviera Maya is beautiful and whilst also stiflngly hot, has tons to do

Cape Verde, Salford at least was probably the most laid back place I've ever been but very friendly and naturally beautiful even if it is barren
    What's the weather like in Cape Verde?

I heard it can be very windy at times. Any idea of the months to avoid?
    Pretty sure from the research we put in that it's always hot but the strong winds cool it to make it bearable. Hottest months on average are Aug to Oct.
  • stonemuse said:

Carter said:

me and the missus changed our mind about Cape Verde and decided to treat ourselves to 10 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico in October. Cannot wait.

We've been to both over the last few years and whilst being both very different you will love either. Riviera Maya is beautiful and whilst also stiflngly hot, has tons to do

Cape Verde, Salford at least was probably the most laid back place I've ever been but very friendly and naturally beautiful even if it is barren
    What's the weather like in Cape Verde?

I heard it can be very windy at times. Any idea of the months to avoid?
    Pretty sure from the research we put in that it's always hot but the strong winds cool it to make it bearable. Hottest months on average are Aug to Oct.
    I'd say Fuerteventura is windy all the time, Cape Verde nowhere near as much but it was breezy which I promise you is needed as it was cooking
  • Dazzler21 said:

shine166 said:

Looking for somewhere mid september, around 1 wk.. couple grand tops for the pair of us. Both early 30's, hot or europe is fine... just dont wanna be stuck with a load of twats on a jolly away with the 'lads'. Any suggestions welcome !

Grand each for the two of you for a week? You have more options than you think!
    Not in the school holidays you won't :-(
  • Lol, even the missus laughed.

Thought that was me and @DaveMehmet in the Iron Horse!
  • Just booked a week in Tobago in November just me and the missus, cannot wait getting to the stage where it will just be the two of us on holidays, done the daddy bit looking forward to a bit of our time.
  • I've got 10 days leave in mid August but haven't booked anywhere yet. Want somewhere kid friendly and not overly expensive.( I know my dates are not the best for penny pinching!)
    Loved Turkey but not too sure if the missus is that keen for the obvious reasons. Thinking maybe Majorca or the like?

• I've got 10 days leave in mid August but haven't booked anywhere yet. Want somewhere kid friendly and not overly expensive.( I know my dates are not the best for penny pinching!)
    Loved Turkey but not too sure if the missus is that keen for the obvious reasons. Thinking maybe Majorca or the like?

Cala D'Or Majorca. Cala Esmerelda/Cala Azul Apartments.
  • shine166 said:

Looking for somewhere mid september, around 1 wk.. couple grand tops for the pair of us. Both early 30's, hot or europe is fine... just dont wanna be stuck with a load of twats on a jolly away with the 'lads'. Any suggestions welcome !

Give Sardinia a try, good food, good wine, great beaches and hotels to suit all tastes. And not a twat in site as it was pricy enough to put them off.
  • edited July 2017

I've got 10 days leave in mid August but haven't booked anywhere yet. Want somewhere kid friendly and not overly expensive.( I know my dates are not the best for penny pinching!)

Cala D'Or Majorca. Cala Esmerelda/Cala Azul Apartments.
    Great place. Exactly where we stayed as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• In jersey at the mo, hopefully have a pint later in the dog and sausage ran by a Charlton fan in St helier. Already been to benidorm this year plus jaunts to cologne and dijon in between due to work.
  • Booked a holiday to Mauritius for next March for 2 weeks for me, the missus and our son who will be 15 months old when we go.

Has anyone been/can recommend any trips/restaurants etc?
  • edited July 2017
    Off to the south of France (Brive) in a couple of weeks. Going to wear full camouflage in case @i_b_b_o_r_g spots me!
  • edited July 2017
    We have been back from Zante for Just a week now and we are already planning our 2018 hols. We may go back to Kalamaki on a half board basis instead of all inclusive and we are also really tempted by a lovely looking place in Turkey. We have a few doubts about safety but we are looking at the Altinkum area which is nearer to Greece and a long way from the Syrian border.
  • Huskaris said:

Off to the south of France (Brive) in a couple of weeks. Going to wear full camouflage in case @i_b_b_o_r_g spots me!

Great town bud, let me know if you want to buy me a coke zero
  • Red_James said:

Booked a holiday to Mauritius for next March for 2 weeks for me, the missus and our son who will be 15 months old when we go.

Has anyone been/can recommend any trips/restaurants etc?

A few ideas from me: You can walk with (untethered) lions, if that is your cup of tea, and pet cheetahs in the same complex. You can walk on the bottom of the bay (about 8ft deep) wearing an upsidedown fish bowl on your head with a link to oxygen. There is a huge market in the capital Port Louis, which is very close to a huge bus terminal, which serves the whole island. Local bus services are very cheap and very frequent.
  • 5 days In Galgorm NI beautiful hotel and good base for exploring the giants causeway area.April
    6 Days In Cape Town with work though April
    4 Days Ibiza June
    5 Nantes August
    Week in the Algarve Gale.

Would like to do something like the Black forest in October if I can get time
  • So this is the beach we were on last Wednesday. Any guesses where?

Perv.... :P

Perv.... :P
    It's Germany. So beaches, like everything else, are organised. Dogs are allowed on strictly defined segments of the beach. And for some reason, next to the "Hunderstrand" is always the "FKK strand". The nudist beach.

• Sponsored links:

Nice growler.

Amrum?
  • Huskaris said:

I'll be in Souillac, about 25 mins away.
  • Off to Cyprus next week, as I'm an old ruin I plan to visit some old ruins, no hold on, I treat my body as a temple so I intend to visit some impressive temples.
  • edited July 2017
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

I'll be in Souillac, about 25 mins away.
    Very nice. Sarlat is lovely and Rocamador just down the road. I used to live about 80 mins away.
  • Big Kalamaki fan. Spent May half term there but Mr RRH couldn't get the week off so he only joined us for three days. Having left sorting Aug hols out until late - we usually holiday in UK at that time - managed to get a good price to go back to Kalamaki for another week of doing sweet FA. Would be rude not to.
  • We have been back from Zante for Just a week now and we are already planning our 2018 hols. We may go back to Kalamaki on a half board basis instead of all inclusive and we are also really tempted by a lovely looking place in Turkey. We have a few doubts about safety but we are looking at the Altinkum area which is nearer to Greece and a long way from the Syrian border.

If considering half board in Kalamaki consider Meandros.
  • We have been back from Zante for Just a week now and we are already planning our 2018 hols. We may go back to Kalamaki on a half board basis instead of all inclusive and we are also really tempted by a lovely looking place in Turkey. We have a few doubts about safety but we are looking at the Altinkum area which is nearer to Greece and a long way from the Syrian border.

Yes, we have looked at that one. We really liked the beach as the water was so shallow and warm so wherever we stay we need to be within walking distance. We stayed at the Bitzaro Palace which was about 6-7 mins walk, but we were not impressed with that hotel.

Are you staying at the Meandros?

I'd second that recommendation, lovely hotel