Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2017

Comments

• Options
    Off to Center Parcs in the morning to meet up with my family who are already there.
  • Options
    2 weeks in Lake Vinuella in Spain in August with all the family, long weekend in Krakow October and then a Boys trip to Beni November
  • Options
    Just returned from short break in Prague.
    Kalamaki for a week in July.
    Fenals, next to lloret for a week visiting friends in September.
  • Options
    Getting Married in September, doing our honeymoon next year on Safari. But this year we are having a 'Mini Moon' at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Crete for 10 days, all inclusive inc flights/transfers for £1800. Its been a mental couple of years and I can't wait to do nothing for 10 days.....!

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-milatos?facilitatorId=CSOSEO&csref=org_gmb_sk_en_sn_ho_HERZR
  • Options
    Barca for 4 days of solid partying and then on to Gran Canaria to chill out
  • Options
    spain for the odd weekend for us. Ole!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Greenie said:

Getting Married in September, doing our honeymoon next year on Safari. But this year we are having a 'Mini Moon' at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Crete for 10 days, all inclusive inc flights/transfers for £1800. Its been a mental couple of years and I can't wait to do nothing for 10 days.....!

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-milatos?facilitatorId=CSOSEO&csref=org_gmb_sk_en_sn_ho_HERZR

If the safari is not already booked @Greenie then check out

www.africatravelresource.com

They were absolutely spot on when we went to Tanzania and can tailor a trip to a budget from 5* lodges, permanent camping sites (i.e. under canvas but with an oak bed and a shower etc) to bivowaking under the stars. They sent us to exactly the right places to see all of the animals. Genuinely could not recommend highly enough (albeit this was 10 years ago now). Best holiday ever.
  • Options

Greenie said:

If the safari is not already booked @Greenie then check out

www.africatravelresource.com

They were absolutely spot on when we went to Tanzania and can tailor a trip to a budget from 5* lodges, permanent camping sites (i.e. under canvas but with an oak bed and a shower etc) to bivowaking under the stars. They sent us to exactly the right places to see all of the animals. Genuinely could not recommend highly enough (albeit this was 10 years ago now). Best holiday ever.
    Hey thanks much for this info. One of the reasons we are waiting until next year is the cost, or rather we dont know what out budget will be, I am paying for the wedding and a house extension, which will be built this year, BUT I dont know final figures as yet for the build, so thats why we are doing the main Honeymoon next year. We both want to do the best Safari we can, its a one off so we will be chucking some money at it, its a lifetimes ambition for both of us to do this.
    Thanks again.
  • Options

Just back from a week in Holland and 9 days in Brittany. Went to Europarks at both via Groupon £99 for a week discounts on Al Fresco Holidays. Would really recommend for anyone with kids and on a budget. Loads to do for them and you can drive (as we did) to avoid flight hell with kids! Obviously costs a lot more in school hols. Holland site was Duinrell and had a free theme park attached plus was close to The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam for sight seeing.

thanks @Athletico Charlton I'm going to look into this.

Just did a long weekend with a Sun £9.50 caravan just outside Great Yarmouth. Probably the best weekend away with the kids we've ever had. Obviously helped by the fantastic weather (which was just lucky), but a great reminder that you don't need a big budget to have a great time.
  • Options
    Went camping just along the coast from Eastbourne weekend just gone. Amazing weather and a cracking time with very little money spent!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We are going to Kalamaki, Zante at the end of June for a first time visit. We went to Crete a few years ago and didn't like it very much but I have heard good things about Zante.

lovely little place @Duncan270566 , we stayed twice in the past few years at Carretta Beach - amazing hotel complex.

Zante is my favourite Greek island
    We go to Zante most years, lovely island. More often than not we stay in Tsivili.
  • Options

Just back from a week in Holland and 9 days in Brittany. Went to Europarks at both via Groupon £99 for a week discounts on Al Fresco Holidays. Would really recommend for anyone with kids and on a budget. Loads to do for them and you can drive (as we did) to avoid flight hell with kids! Obviously costs a lot more in school hols. Holland site was Duinrell and had a free theme park attached plus was close to The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam for sight seeing.

Just did a long weekend with a Sun £9.50 caravan just outside Great Yarmouth. Probably the best weekend away with the kids we've ever had. Obviously helped by the fantastic weather (which was just lucky), but a great reminder that you don't need a big budget to have a great time.
    So true mate. We normally do 2 foreign holidays a year with our daughter, plus the odd weekend away in this country.

She loves the weekends away and asked us last year if we could go to Dymchurch for our main holiday.
  • Options
    We got this villa for a steal through james Villas a month before going, must be a last minute deal thingy
  • Options
    Bit short of readies this year, so just a rockabilly weekender in Spain in November. May scrape enough together for a UK visit before Christmas.
  • Options

Nantes in France for a week
    Gale in Portugal for a week ........ Led to believe its very quiet if anyones been.

Just up the road from us - we sometimes lunch at Gale beach bar if friends are over. When are you here?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    12th August for the week heard the beach area is a place to dine of a sunset
  • Options
    It wont be quiet then mate. I'll PM you...
  • Options
    Not going away this summer. Saving my money to buy a top priced season ticket for when Roland sells ...
  • Options
    Currently in a last minute half term booking in a holiday park in Torquay
  • Options
    Devon for a week in early July.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Romania on school trip then Cadiz and boat to Morocco in July/August.
  • Options

@AFKABartram

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/ga-al-fresco-holidays-16

Here is their current offer. £129 for a week. Some parks are always excluded but we have been to 5 through their £99 offer now over the last couple of years with last 2 holidays split a week each across 2 different parks. There was an excellent one in Lake Garda and the Duinrell one in Holland I would def recommend and is easily driven to. Domaine des Ormes in Brittany was great although you had to pay for many of the things on site which I had not expected. If you do look into it I recommend you phone AlFresco before getting the Groupon to ask about availability, upgrading to bigger units etc. They will try to flog you insurance and depending on age of kids baby packs etc as per most places of the same ilk. Accommodation is basic but fine and the parks are really set up for kids. The chalets are quite close but I don't mind that as the kids met their neighbours and had instant friends etc.

Another good bet for a cheap holiday is contacting the Golden Sands resort in Malta to say you are interested in a time share. Lovely hotel, 5*, cracking beach next door (although it is a bit remote from night life etc) and Malta is great. If I remember when we have gone you get a week for £99 and pay for your flights. They then spend one morning or afternoon trying to sell you a timeshare. You say no. They leave you alone. There is similar in Spain we did twice and was also great but can't remember the name of it yet.

Just realised I sound a right holiday tight arse but reality is I love my hols and try to get away as much as possible which is not easy when you have the expense of kids!
  • Options

We are going to Kalamaki, Zante at the end of June for a first time visit. We went to Crete a few years ago and didn't like it very much but I have heard good things about Zante.

lovely little place @Duncan270566 , we stayed twice in the past few years at Carretta Beach - amazing hotel complex.

Zante is my favourite Greek island
    We go to Zante most years, lovely island. More often than not we stay in Tsivili.
    @happyvalley love it there too, we got married at The Balcony hotel overlooking the beach there
  • Options

@AFKABartram which camp did you go to?
  • Options
    @MrOneLung Breydon Water, 5-10 mins outside Great Yarmouth. Parkdean one, it is two small camps put into one, though we never ventured off the one we were staying on (Yare Village). had a nice outdoor pool with slide, good position and suited us as it was smaller and not so many kids as you get at some of the bigger sites, yet the kids disco + games stuff in the evening was really good. Can't let one of my boys out of my sight, so found it much more manageable here.
  • Options
    We are at a parkdean in Torquay. Think looked at that one but we only booked last Thursday and price was bit higher for this half term week up in the Norfolk camps.
  • Options
    Don't forget I have a mate with a lovely one bed place with spectacular views in Albufeira to rent (there's a sofa bed too). Available for most of the year. PM me if anyone is interested...
  • Options

Off to Center Parcs in the morning to meet up with my family who are already there.

Anyone considering Center Parcs this year would do well to think twice about Woburn. Nice that it's fairly new but the swimming centre is tiny compared to others and is packed as a result.
  • Options
    Flying off to Crete in August, booked into the Blue Palace Resort and Spa in Elounda. Paid a bit more than I usually would for a holiday but with a bit of inheritance in the bank I thought why not?
    Anyone been who can give me a heads up on what it's like?
  • Options
    Crete is renowned for its torrential rain in August.

August is a great month to visit Crete on holiday. The month is almost as hot as July while boasting the warmest sea temperatures of the year across the whole Greek archipelago. During August, average daytime temperature is similar to July's and stays at around 26 degrees Celsius.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g189413-Activities-Crete.html