Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2017

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Just had 4 nights on the Sunborn yacht hotel in Gibraltar and it was lovely for a bit R&R.

Yes it's a great place to stay and the location in Ocean Village is just about the best on the rock. The pool on the top deck could be bigger though!!

Out there in a few weeks on business but will mix a bit of pleasure while I'm there.
    We always stay Spain side of the border, saves a fortune (which we then spend in Morrisions).
  • Options
    Have bought a folding trailer/caravan, took it for a weekend at Easter and off to Devon in the summer....brilliant and the kids loved it, so much freedom
  • Options
    Having spent five months working in Guernsey from November, I've seen very little of the island in daylight. Next week is my last to hand over to the new guy. I will miss it.
    But I have accumulated enough Aurigny points for a couple of free flights so will be taking a few days there to enjoy the island, and Herm and Sark, properly.
  • Options
    Just got back from a week in Los Cabos in Mexico, also will be flying back to the UK for 2 weeks in September for a family wedding, although 2 weeks of visiting family in Kidderminster is not much of a holiday, but first world problems eh?

• Options
    IdleHans said:

Having spent five months working in Guernsey from November, I've seen very little of the island in daylight. Next week is my last to hand over to the new guy. I will miss it.
    But I have accumulated enough Aurigny points for a couple of free flights so will be taking a few days there to enjoy the island, and Herm and Sark, properly.

Spent a lot of time in Guernsey (& Jersey) with my last job. It's a beautiful island and miss going out there.
  • Options
    Been to Thailand already. Oman with work at the end of May, Which I'm hoping I can extend so I can fly on to either Thailand again or Laos. Bilbao in September, Amsterdam and then on to Bruges in October.
  • Options

Been to Thailand already. Oman with work at the end of May, Which I'm hoping I can extend so I can fly on to either Thailand again or Laos. Bilbao in September, Amsterdam and then on to Bruges in October.

Enjoyed a holiday to Oman end of 2009.
  • Options
    Hoping to go to the UK again this year
  • Options
    Butlins next month.

Thought about abroad but the Tot's Week at Butlins is brilliant for pre school kids, so went with what they'll enjoy the most.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to Paxos in a couple of weeks - ideal if you want a relaxing holiday.

Taking kids to Butlins in July.
  • Options

Going to Paxos in a couple of weeks - ideal if you want a relaxing holiday.

Taking kids to Butlins in July.

Get stuffed
  • Options

Butlins next month.

Thought about abroad but the Tot's Week at Butlins is brilliant for pre school kids, so went with what they'll enjoy the most.

Sensible man.
  • Options
    malta for 5 days whilst doing the away game there.

ny and vegas in october.
  • Options
    We are going to Kalamaki, Zante at the end of June for a first time visit. We went to Crete a few years ago and didn't like it very much but I have heard good things about Zante.
  • Options

Southern California for two and a half weeks in August. Centred round Orange County but going to Santa Barbara for a couple of nights. Not forgetting Universal and Disneyland for the kids

Did a bit of a tour round there with the kids over Easter , including Universal and Disney . Another park with nutty rollercoasters is six flags , if they're into all that . Great trip though , enjoy !
  • Options

Helllo from Tuscany. Did Pisa yesterday.

Also still have a week left vacant at www.Churchfarmcottagenorfolk.com (21 July) CL discount available, inbox me if interested.
  • Options
    Heading off to Cornwall in our tent come August...
  • Options
    Did my UK trip early this year so it's ten days in Japan in summer.
  • Options
    Back to Turunc in Turkey in 10 days time, got a week in Falmouth in August, golfing weekend in Portugal end Sept followed by a few days in Tenerife. Might go to work in between.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Inverness.
    it's cold and pissing down.
  • Options
    Just being made redundant....life is now a holiday...although I don't have any money to do anything...so just as well I'd already booked and paid for Orlando + theme parks in July for son and I, and then Lindos, Rhodes in August for all 3 of us...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

We are going to Kalamaki, Zante at the end of June for a first time visit. We went to Crete a few years ago and didn't like it very much but I have heard good things about Zante.

lovely little place @Duncan270566 , we stayed twice in the past few years at Carretta Beach - amazing hotel complex.

Zante is my favourite Greek island
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Nice to know.

It's the Bitzaro Palace for us. It looks smaller than we are used to but we are still looking forward to it as we are leaving the kids (18 & 21) behind.
  • Options
    Just back from a week in Holland and 9 days in Brittany. Went to Europarks at both via Groupon £99 for a week discounts on Al Fresco Holidays. Would really recommend for anyone with kids and on a budget. Loads to do for them and you can drive (as we did) to avoid flight hell with kids! Obviously costs a lot more in school hols. Holland site was Duinrell and had a free theme park attached plus was close to The Hague, Rotterdam and Amsterdam for sight seeing.
  • Options

Nice to know.

It's the Bitzaro Palace for us. It looks smaller than we are used to but we are still looking forward to it as we are leaving the kids (18 & 21) behind.

Both birthdays since your last post?! Expensive month!!
  • Options

Nice to know.

Both birthdays since your last post?! Expensive month!!
  • Options
    Nantes in France for a week
    Gale in Portugal for a week ........ Led to believe its very quiet if anyones been.
  • Options
    We are off to Sardinia in two weeks, can't wait.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Handed in my notice at work and my last day is Friday. Then off to Sicily on Saturday for a week... Can't come soon enough!