Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Holidays 2017

Comments

• Options

2 weeks in Puerto del Carmen (Lanza) with the family next month. Grateful for any tips from those who've been.

family got a place in puerto calero which you can get down to by the water taxi, nice little marina and often quite a few tall ships in harbour
  • Options

Off to Center Parcs in the morning to meet up with my family who are already there.

Anyone considering Center Parcs this year would do well to think twice about Woburn. Nice that it's fairly new but the swimming centre is tiny compared to others and is packed as a result.
    went there last year and found it far too hilly for the little ones on their bikes @DaveMehmet
  • Options

Off to Center Parcs in the morning to meet up with my family who are already there.

Anyone considering Center Parcs this year would do well to think twice about Woburn. Nice that it's fairly new but the swimming centre is tiny compared to others and is packed as a result.
    went there last year and found it far too hilly for the little ones on their bikes @DaveMehmet
    We found that too. Have gone back to Elveden for next year.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Getting Married in September, doing our honeymoon next year on Safari. But this year we are having a 'Mini Moon' at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Crete for 10 days, all inclusive inc flights/transfers for £1800. Its been a mental couple of years and I can't wait to do nothing for 10 days.....!

https://www.radissonblu.com/en/resort-milatos?facilitatorId=CSOSEO&csref=org_gmb_sk_en_sn_ho_HERZR

who did you book that through?

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Seen similar threads on a couple of other groups / forums I view of late, how the how people afford some of their holidays, or the amount of holidays they have I will never know!!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    heavenSE7 said:

Mrs is 30 this October so looking for something a bit special. Had our heart set on Croatia Island hopping finished off with 4 nights in Hvar but reading reviews and advice online it appears most of Croatia shuts down 2nd week of October.

Any recommendations for sun, exploring but also a bit of relaxing!

I've been to Crete and Madeira in October, for both it was hovering around 20 degrees in the hottest part of the day (cooler when it was cloudy) which disappointed the sunbathers.

Would recommend Marrakesh if you want it to still be hot.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Gone unsustainably big on holidays this year... (@AFKABartram... to ease your concerns, I absolutely can't afford it)

July - S. France for a wedding & week in Ibiza
    August & Sept - 3 week trip around the States... NY, St. Louis, Denver, bit of a Midwest roadtrip, and then Richmond, DC and back to NY... managed to squeeze in Badlands National Park, Mount Rushmore, NASCAR, NFL season opener, Ohio State 'Football' & the Minnesota State Fair.
    Nov - Budapest

Good thing the pound is performing so well.
  • Options

Seen similar threads on a couple of other groups / forums I view of late, how the how people afford some of their holidays, or the amount of holidays they have I will never know!!

there are other forums ?
  • Options
    Now he tells us.
  • Options

how the f**k do you find the time to view other forums !?!?....;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Now you have opened my eyes to the other forums I'm off.
    TATA :wink:
  • Options

Maybe you should charge for access to this Forum @AFKABartram.
  • Options
    I have increased my number of annual holidays by using the cash I used to spend on watching CAFC :-)
  • Options

We are going to Kalamaki, Zante at the end of June for a first time visit. We went to Crete a few years ago and didn't like it very much but I have heard good things about Zante.

lovely little place @Duncan270566 , we stayed twice in the past few years at Carretta Beach - amazing hotel complex.

Zante is my favourite Greek island
    It's now mine too. It was a lovely place with friendly people. Just a shame we picked the wrong hotel!

• Options
    Looking for somewhere mid september, around 1 wk.. couple grand tops for the pair of us. Both early 30's, hot or europe is fine... just dont wanna be stuck with a load of twats on a jolly away with the 'lads'. Any suggestions welcome !
  • Options
    Olu Dunez?
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Looking for somewhere mid september, around 1 wk.. couple grand tops for the pair of us. Both early 30's, hot or europe is fine... just dont wanna be stuck with a load of twats on a jolly away with the 'lads'. Any suggestions welcome !

Grand each for the two of you for a week? You have more options than you think!
  • Options
    me and the missus changed our mind about Cape Verde and decided to treat ourselves to 10 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico in October. Cannot wait.
  • Options

Olu Dunez?

Lovely place. I've been there twice the main strip runs all the way through the centre of the resort and there are plenty of decent restaurant 's to choose from also a good variety of bars.
    One tip I can give You,don't change your money up over hear you get a much better rate at various shops in Olu Dunez.
    Enjoy
  • Options

me and the missus changed our mind about Cape Verde and decided to treat ourselves to 10 days in Riviera Maya, Mexico in October. Cannot wait.

you won't be disappointed, one of the best places I've ever been
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 days in portugal last month for a golf trip
    4 days in Ireland next week for golf
    Two weeks in The south of France in August
    And Spending Christmas in Lapland seeing the big fella from 23rd to 27th December

I'm trying to convince the wife we need five days in Orlando in October too on a house hunting mission

This year is a bit of a freak year for holidays
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Going Mexico later on in the year
    Only wanted to go for 10 nights as self employed
    But it's actually cheaper for us to go for 14 nights and have an extra week off work unpaid.
  • Options

Olu Dunez?

Lovely place. I've been there twice the main strip runs all the way through the centre of the resort and there are plenty of decent restaurant 's to choose from also a good variety of bars.
    One tip I can give You,don't change your money up over hear you get a much better rate at various shops in Olu Dunez.
    Enjoy
    I've already been, it was a suggestion for @shine166.

loved it there. love the blue lagoon.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Yer loads of options, but that's kinda the issue ! So much to choose from.. it's looking like either Rome and Venice, or somewhere like Cambodia. Just wondered on others recent choices or recommendations.
  • Options

Olu Dunez?

Gf has always wanted to go there, just wondering about safety concerns ATM ?
  • Options

We've been to both over the last few years and whilst being both very different you will love either. Riviera Maya is beautiful and whilst also stiflngly hot, has tons to do

Cape Verde, Salford at least was probably the most laid back place I've ever been but very friendly and naturally beautiful even if it is barren
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Carter said:

We've been to both over the last few years and whilst being both very different you will love either. Riviera Maya is beautiful and whilst also stiflngly hot, has tons to do

Cape Verde, Salford at least was probably the most laid back place I've ever been but very friendly and naturally beautiful even if it is barren
    Been to Cape Verde twice and heading back again in November. Love the chilled atmosphere and they built a new hotel so gonna give that a go for a change! Good reviews so far....
  • Options
    What's the weather like in OluDeniz in October anyone?
  • Options
    ok, so after safety concerns and wanting a chilled holiday... we just booked up 5 days to stay in Banksys hotel in Bethlehem !
  • Options
    Carter said:

What's the weather like in Cape Verde?

I heard it can be very windy at times. Any idea of the months to avoid?