Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support the team in 2017-18

Comments

The reason I ain't been going is for personal reasons. However I still had bought a season ticket.

Good, you're a fan.

But so am I and I didn't buy a season ticket after nearly 40 years of having one.

It's not a competition, we're all fans, lots of us have seen hard times and good times before but that doesn't mean we have to just accept this terrible owner.

You're letting your hatred of a few CARD activists effect your judgement on this. You know regime is no good and is killing the club but you don't want to admit it because you think that means you agree with the people you hate.

It doesn't, it just makes you a fan.
    Not at all. It's all well and good saying sell up but do we know who to? What the new owners intentions would be? What sort of funding they have?
    Why not look at the money that has been spent and get behind the team?
    I tell you why not, bexouse you have gone so far down a road and will not turn back and support the team.
    Are you saying I don't support the team? What evidence do you have for that?

Fact is I do support the team at home and away so please don't pretend I don't or somehow your support is "better" because we can chat about Ricky Holmes if you like.

I don't know who the next owner will or how good they will be.

What I and most fans now realise is that this owner is no good. Hes hurting the club and the team and you said that yourself in the lib.

But if you are in a bad relationship you don't stick around because the next might be worst. You get out and find someone you hope will be better.

Did I say you don't support the team and if so where did I say it??

Did I say my support was better ??!

To compare a support for a team to relationship is lame however if you insist in doing so what you do do is work at it rather than walk away.
    When you said to me

"I tell you why not, bexouse you have gone so far down a road and will not turn back and support the team."

So would you not accept that people have made a rod for their own backs and would rather focus on getting the owner out rather than the team ? Do you not also agree that regardless of what is done and who,they buy in the close season people will focus on the negative rather than the positive?
    The reason for this is that people will not back down even if there is to be a change.
    Not what I asked or what you asked

You said I wouldn't support the team.

You denied saying it.

I quoted you saying it

Where's your evidence that I'm not supporting the team?
    Over last forty years have you had a season ticket given where we playing and the ownership, facilities, as well as some of the players we had?

When now attending matches this season when someone lends you there ticket rather than buying one, other than the MK Dons game, do you only go to the games when demonstrations are planned?
    You're dodging the issue

Ive been to all but two home league games IE more than you, this season.

Have you bought a season ticket this year and do you buy tickets for games ?

Is it a fact you have seen more games than me this season ???
    More home games yes.

I see you haven't backed up your claim that I'm not supporting the team but have switched to how much I've paid or not paid when you know the answer.

I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected, but I took the "you" from WIWALB's post as meaning everyone who opposes the regime as going too far down the road, and not you specifically mate.
    If so why didn't he say "Ben, I didn't mean you specifically" when I pulled him up on it?

LOL...."I pulled him on it", you was the one that got a complex and thought it was directed at you, same old same old won't admit you are wrong.
  • Then you are gullible to believe left wing propgander

Are you for real... lol
    Do your research and it will make sense.
  • Since you've now said it was me you were talking about that's fine.

Strange that you decided to argue about it for for long rather than just saying that first up, going on about me not owning a ticket, not supporting the team when I go etc but having painted yourself into a corner @i_b_b_o_r_g gave you a way out and you gratefully took it.

Like Charlton yesterday an easy 3 - 0 win for me in a meaningless match ; - )

BTW, nice photo of you on the pitch yesterday on facebook. I hope you realise you are killing the club protesting like that. ; - )

Lol. I wasn't arguing, and didn't have to rely on I_b_b_o_r_g at all. Firstly you jumped to a conclusion and went on the attack "I have been to more home games than you".
    I "gratefully took it" I didn't have to take anything if you read the quote properly you could see it wasn't targeted however if you take it personally and grow a complex then that's your paranoia kicking in and nothing I can do about it.
    Thanks for heads up on the picture , personally I put it down to looking after my boy who wanted to go on the pitch, but you don't need telling that as I am sure you already know.
    By the way did you buy a ticket yesterday as surely you wouldn't want to swell the owners coffers right?
  • edited May 2017

Since you've now said it was me you were talking about that's fine.

Strange that you decided to argue about it for for long rather than just saying that first up, going on about me not owning a ticket, not supporting the team when I go etc but having painted yourself into a corner @i_b_b_o_r_g gave you a way out and you gratefully took it.

BTW, nice photo of you on the pitch yesterday on facebook. I hope you realise you are killing the club protesting like that. ; - )

Lol. I wasn't arguing, and didn't have to rely on I_b_b_o_r_g at all. Firstly you jumped to a conclusion and went on the attack "I have been to more home games than you".
    I "gratefully took it" I didn't have to take anything if you read the quote properly you could see it wasn't targeted however if you take it personally and grow a complex then that's your paranoia kicking in and nothing I can do about it.
    Thanks for heads up on the picture , personally I put it down to looking after my boy who wanted to go on the pitch, but you don't need telling that as I am sure you already know.
    By the way did you buy a ticket yesterday as surely you wouldn't want to swell the owners coffers right?
    Funny enough my boy went on the pitch too. Were they both hooligans trying to destroy the club, who don't support the team and were "embarrassing" themselves or just fans who spent the previous 90 minutes supporting their club?

I didn't buy a ticket yesterday, I avoid giving this regime money when if I can but I bought a ticket for the Keith Palmer game v MK Dons and have been working with the club on the memorial to him. News on that soon as well as the special shirts too. Remember that was the night we had a chat in the Lib.

Now someone will say I don't buy tickets because I'm tight with money or because I'm not a "real" fan. All rather sad really but some people, you know, the ones will talked about in the Lib that night, are very strange and very obsessed.
  • clb74 said:

What's the answer to getting them out then?

Once the Belgians have gone I am not using a forum anymore.

Funny enough my boy went on the pitch too. Were they both hooligans trying to destroy the club, who don't support the team and were "embarrassing" themselves or just fans who spent the previous 90 minutes supporting their club?

I didn't buy a ticket yesterday, I avoid giving this regime money when if I can but I bought a ticket for the Keith Palmer game v MK Dons and have been working with the club on the memorial to him. News on that soon as well as the special shirts too. Remember that was the night we had a chat in the Lib.

Now someone will say I don't buy tickets because I'm tight with money or because I'm not a "real" fan. All rather sad really but some people, you know, the ones will talked about in the Lib that night, are very strange and very obsessed.
    You want to choose your mates a bit better in future.
  • Uboat said:

Part of me hopes that we get bought by Diane Abbot and Ken Livingstone so that I can enjoy WIWALB continuing to loyally support the club with no complaining allowed.

Corbyn will be out of work on June 9th
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Part of me hopes that we get bought by Diane Abbot and Ken Livingstone so that I can enjoy WIWALB continuing to loyally support the club with no complaining allowed.

Let's hope so.
  • This "who's the better supporter" nonsense is all quite sad.

That said where's that Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif it's been fun.

Honestly don't know what they means. I thought we were mates?
  • Uboat said:

Let's hope so.
    Apparently you are in his seat on the 10th
  • I don't understand people who think that protesting and supporting the team are mutually exclusive.

Typical WUM reply. Ignoring all his very well put points an giving a cheap dig as a reply.
    Think you need to stop getting your knickers in a twist. Even I am sure will Ben will know it wasn't a "cheap dig" but a response to his comment and the chat we had.

Typical WUM reply. Ignoring all his very well put points an giving a cheap dig as a reply.
    Think you need to stop getting your knickers in a twist. Even I am sure will Ben will know it wasn't a "cheap dig" but a response to his comment and the chat we had.
    I didn't but I do now ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

What's the answer to getting them out then?

Once the Belgians have gone I am not using a forum anymore.
    All the best for next season elfs you will be missed
  • Stig said:

There are some seeds of a good debate here. Unfortunately it is marred by too much sniping and name calling. Please can we accept that the reason people post here is because they are Charlton fans. They may have different opinions, but what sort of forum would it be if everyone had the same view?

Please refrain from calling others wums or worse. Also, please remember that there's no point whatsoever in having some sort of 'my dad's bigger than your dad' style competition over who is the best a supporter. Finally, there's absolutely no need to meet people in person to say what you want to say to them (with all the underlying threat of potential violence that that implies); on the other hand just asking yourself whether you'd say something to a person's face may be a good check to perform before hitting the 'Post Comment' button.

Troll.
  • Stig said:

There are some seeds of a good debate here. Unfortunately it is marred by too much sniping and name calling.

It's reading more like a lovers tiff.

I can see the pair of them in the corner of the Lib.

"It's not you Ben it's me"

They'll kiss and make up in a minute.

• edited May 2017
    Addickted said:

Stig said:

There are some seeds of a good debate here. Unfortunately it is marred by too much sniping and name calling.

It's reading more like a lovers tiff.

I can see the pair of them in the corner of the Lib.

"It's not you Ben it's me"

They'll kiss and make up in a minute.

I'd never two-time you Nick
  • What would it take, if anything, for people to change their minds on the Owner?

Serious question
  • What would it take, if anything, for people to change their minds on the Owner?

Serious question

I have already changed my mind.

I thought it would be a "bumpy ride" early on as he got use to English football but it would be OK after three years as he had money. Realised I was wrong, All the evidence was negative bar the training ground and now even that had been stalled, his plans were mad and most likely so was he so changed my mind.

Same questions to the pro-Roland fans? What would it take to change your minds?

Serious question

I thought it would be a "bumpy ride" early on as he got use to English football but it would be OK after three years as he had money. Realised I was wrong, All the evidence was negative bar the training ground and now even that had been stalled, his plans were mad and most likely so was he so changed my mind.

Answer to final paragraph, nothing.

Serious question

It weren't meant as an argument mate, I don't think fans have got to be one or the other.

I'd personally love to see him go but from the evidence put in front of us, both from the media and people who have had indepth convos with KM, it all points to the fact that he ain't got any intentions of going anywhere any time soon.

Serious question

It weren't meant as an argument mate, I don't think fans have got to be one or the other.

I'd personally love to see him go but from the evidence put in front of us, both from the media and people who have had indepth convos with KM, it all points to the fact that she ain't got any intentions of going anywhere any time soon.

Corrected that for you.