Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support the team in 2017-18

Comments

• Options

clb74 said:

cfgs said:

Two questions to anyone that honestly is anti Roly but also anti protests.

1.If we all turned up every week and did not protest but watched the football, do you think Roland would be more or less likely you ensure we are run properly?

2. If you are as you state anti Roland then you should want him out, if the boycotted returned and nobody acted up, in your opinion would he more or less likely to sell?

1 less likely
    2 less likely
    I'm anti roland, anti card.
    So what is your solution?
    Still waiting for your suggestions clb74?
  • Options
    Well said @clb74. Very honest and open response.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

So is it that you are in favour of RD or just that the protestors - or some of them - get up your nose?

Personally can't see the point in the protests. Totally non benifcial to the club or players. Seen a lot worse ownership of the club and I wouldn't wish for something that you don't know, all that is being drip fed hasn't come off, and if there are new owners would they be any better? Would they invest in players? Let's face it the aussies were struggling to raise 20 million so I wouldn't be comfortable if they did take that they had the funds to buy players
    Fair enough, but does that mean you just don't see the problem that people are up in arms about, or that you don't like or agree with the way people are going about it? Or is it the people themselves?

I'm just trying to understand a different mindset to my own as all this is quite literally tearing our club apart. And surely nobody wants that?
    There are clubs in this country far worse off than us. As stated earlier no one wants to back down and if anything it is doing more harm than good.
    That's true about some clubs being in a worse position than us. But I'm more concerned about us, and we are in a right old mess. And as far as I can see it was a preventable mess and it is getting steadily worse year on year, not better.

RD's ownership to date has been a disaster, by any standard you can try to measure it. Whether it would be better under anyone else is debatable, but surely we can at least agree on that?

The season Powell took over we had a worse run and the football was awful, financially on our knees, a pitch that was like a marsh, however we won't mention that
    I'm talking about now though. Powell was years ago. How do you feel it has been going now?
    Two and half years ago, Powell was named Sir, why I don't know, but the reality is he didn't do a better job when he first come in and the club was in a far worst state
    Only 3 pages in and this comment shows you're a fool.

Powell came in and took a league 1 Charlton to the championship.

Then Roland came in and took a championship Charlton to league 1...
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    WhenIwasLittleboy The name has it you haven't grown up yet, going by the childish shite you come out with.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

WhenIwasLittleboy The name has it you haven't grown up yet, going by the childish shite you come out with.

& ive always wondered why there is an "A" missing in your user name,or is that on purpose...??

That's hope obv to WIWLB by the way...;-)
  • Options

Ain't it time we become United as fans to support the team next season and get behind the boys. There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team.
    Get behind the team and management for next season before it becomes to late

You don't give up do you? I'll give you that.
    @WhenIwasLittleBoy don't just send me weird private messages my friend. Share them with everyone. Otherwise you come across as a bit odd.
    Don't worry. He's sent me some weird inboxes too. Wanted to fight me outside the lib!
    I've just noticed that I've been flagged for my full stop. I'm really sorry that my full stop was aggressive / rude / racist / homophobic ????

How can i find out what fcukwit flagged my abusive full stop .................. or was it a joke ? :smile:
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

cfgs said:

Two questions to anyone that honestly is anti Roly but also anti protests.

1.If we all turned up every week and did not protest but watched the football, do you think Roland would be more or less likely you ensure we are run properly?

2. If you are as you state anti Roland then you should want him out, if the boycotted returned and nobody acted up, in your opinion would he more or less likely to sell?

1 less likely
    2 less likely
    I'm anti roland, anti card.
    So what is your solution?
    Still waiting for your suggestions clb74?
    Evening Algarveaddick sorry for the late reply, I answered cfgs question and replied anti roland and anti card.
    Been thinking the last couple of days and looking at post on CL and regarding the anti card I will admit half of the anti card probably has nothing to do with the top dogs.
    For me over the months Ive come on CL asked a few questions about card and seen posts from people who are anti card/ anti protest, most have taken unfair beatings.
    I've blamed card for the beatings but when looking back i should think 90% of posters replying back are not the main members of card , just card followers.
    In reply to Davo55 who was saying yesterday well if card were to Jack it in what happens next.
    Probably not a lot, if I were to run the show probably get myself into trouble and that's me out the game.
    I don't think roland would sell if there were no protests or everyone behaved themselves , will roland sell though if no one attends the games.
    Is roland digging his heels in even more because of the protests, will he go if we get 3 games abandoned next year answers on a postcard Please.
    I know every now and again not much I forget for a second we are all Charlton supporters.
    Well said clb, and we got on fine in the pub after the Wimbledon game if I recall correctly that it was you, so perhaps not even CARD people are all that bad.

To me, the worst crime is pretending nothing's amiss. Even the most ardent of Roland supporters must look at things objectively and see things have hardly got better. At least the CEO has been managing to keep her feelings about the fans to herself in recent times, if only on instruction.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I am in absolutely no doubt that the quickest way to get RD to sell up is by the current team attaining promotion back to the Championship (either automatically or via the playoffs).

Like the rest of you I badly want that to happen THIS SEASON. With the quality of the players we now have at our disposal (plus the possible addition of Reeves and Martin into the mix) combined with what I see as an extremely mediocre league now is the time to cast aside your gripes with the current regime and return to the Valley to support the boys 100%.

By returning to the Valley and relinquishing any existing boycotts you are not only going to give a massive boost to the current set of players you are also potentially quickening RD's exit which, at the end of the day, is what we all want (well..2% of us at least). ;-)

I simply cannot face another year of RD and Div 1 football and it pains me that I am not in a position to support the boys at our spiritual home.

It's time to stop the boycott and put all our collective energies into a return to the Championship don't you think?

COYR

I have heard this a lot, that RD would sell if we got promotion.
    I don't understand why.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I am in absolutely no doubt that the quickest way to get RD to sell up is by the current team attaining promotion back to the Championship (either automatically or via the playoffs).

Like the rest of you I badly want that to happen THIS SEASON. With the quality of the players we now have at our disposal (plus the possible addition of Reeves and Martin into the mix) combined with what I see as an extremely mediocre league now is the time to cast aside your gripes with the current regime and return to the Valley to support the boys 100%.

By returning to the Valley and relinquishing any existing boycotts you are not only going to give a massive boost to the current set of players you are also potentially quickening RD's exit which, at the end of the day, is what we all want (well..2% of us at least). ;-)

I simply cannot face another year of RD and Div 1 football and it pains me that I am not in a position to support the boys at our spiritual home.

It's time to stop the boycott and put all our collective energies into a return to the Championship don't you think?

COYR

I don't understand why.
    Because he's had enough of Charlton and promotion back to the Championship represents his best chance of clawing back some of his considerable losses. It's common knowledge that he is open to bidders even if his price is way OTT currently.
  • Options

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.
    Because he's had enough of Charlton and promotion back to the Championship represents his best chance of clawing back some of his considerable losses. It's common knowledge that he is open to bidders even if his price is way OTT currently.
    But surely promotion would only allow him to maintain the OTT price or in true roly craze , push it up!!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.
    But surely promotion would only allow him to maintain the OTT price or in true roly craze , push it up!!
    Perhaps so but there is no disputing the fact that a Charlton playing in the Championship are a far more attractive proposition to anyone crazy enough to pay RD's over inflated asking price!
  • Options
    edited July 2017

sammy391 said:

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.
    Perhaps so but there is no disputing the fact that a Charlton playing in the Championship are a far more attractive proposition to anyone crazy enough to pay RD's over inflated asking price!
    If they're crazy enough , they'll pay the price regardless of division... the problem has and always will be that the asking price is ridiculous no matter what league we are in.

Personally I will still be boycotting, mainly as I don't seem to get any pleasure out of going to games anymore but also because I feel that it is the best thing to do in order to do my part to remove the owner (no matter how small!)... of course that'll change with new ownership , but new ownership isn't garunteed with promotion - I fear it will only prolong the current regime as KM & RD's appetite will be wetted especially when they see it as 'beating' those who oppose them!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.
    If they're crazy enough , they'll pay the price regardless of division... the problem has and always will be that the asking price is ridiculous no matter what league we are in.

Personally I will still be boycotting, mainly as I don't seem to get any pleasure out of going to games anymore but also because I feel that it is the best thing to do in order to do my part to remove the owner (no matter how small!)... of course that'll change with new ownership , but new ownership isn't garunteed with promotion - I fear it will only prolong the current regime as KM & RD's appetite will be wetted especially when they see it as 'beating' those who oppose them!
    I respect your decision to continue the boycott but can I please ask why you think it will make the slightest bit of difference to an absent owner reportedly worth £500 million+ who has time and time again displayed a total lack of apathy towards Charlton fans like us? Isn't it better just to get behind the boys and forget about the cantankerous old c*nt running the club?
  • Options
    edited July 2017

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.

I respect your decision to continue the boycott but can I please ask why you think it will make the slightest bit of difference to an absent owner reportedly worth £500 million+ who has time and time again displayed a total lack of apathy towards Charlton fans like us? Isn't it better just to get behind the boys and forget about the cantankerous old c*nt running the club?
    Like I said, I don't get any pleasure from attending games anymore so that for me is the main reason , but boycotting means that I don't have to give any money to the club/RD regardless of how little it may effect him!
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

seth plum said:

COYR

I don't understand why.

Like I said, I don't get any pleasure from attending games anymore so that for me is the main reason , but boycotting means that I don't have to give any money to the club/RD regardless of how little it may effect him!
    Fair enough. I hope you find pleasure in watching Charlton again some day. It's sad that we are losing so many fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

COYR

I don't think anyone can 2nd guess what RD will do. If we do get promoted it gives KM a chance to say that she's mastering her trombone RD bought her for Xmas a few years back, and should be given more time
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    cabbles said:

COYR

I don't think anyone can 2nd guess what RD will do. If we do get promoted it gives KM a chance to say that she's mastering her trombone RD bought her for Xmas a few years back, and should be given more time
    I agree with you that it is practically impossible to 2nd guess RD but at what point are we forced to give the regime some slack? For example how would we all feel if the team comfortably achieved promotion back to the Championship this year and followed up with a top half finish in 2018/19 whilst retaining KR and the core of the current team? Would KM be entitled to blow her own trombone then? (oer missus!).

Just playing devils advocate here. I DO NOT support the regime.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

COYR

Indeed, dribbles.

She's blown her own trumpet for far too long.
  • Options
    Like you, @flyingkiwiDK, I do not live locally to the Valley so don't get to that many matches.

For that reason as much as anything, I would not think it appropriate to tell others whether to boycott or attend.
  • Options

Like you, @flyingkiwiDK, I do not live locally to the Valley so don't get to that many matches.

For that reason as much as anything, I would not think it appropriate to tell others whether to boycott or attend.

If by your post you are insinuating that I am trying to tell others what they should do you are mistaken as I wouldn't dream of doing that. I am just sharing my opinion (which is the whole point of a message forum unless I'm mistaken).

I am entitled to that regardless of whether I am in the UK or not.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    "Now is the time to cast aside your gripes and return to the Valley..."

Sounds rather like telling others what to do to me but apologies if I have misunderstood.
  • Options

"Now is the time to cast aside your gripes and return to the Valley..."

Sounds rather like telling others what to do to me but apologies if I have misunderstood.

No. Its just my opinion. Anyway. Its ok. No offence taken.