Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Support the team in 2017-18

Comments

• What would it take, if anything, for people to change their minds on the Owner?

Serious question

When he came in, I stated frequently that I supported the network concept combined with FFP.

Ok, the diluting of FFP destroyed that, but I had to admit I was wrong about him and changed my mind.
  • What would it take, if anything, for people to change their minds on the Owner?

Serious question

I have already changed my mind.

I thought it would be a "bumpy ride" early on as he got use to English football but it would be OK after three years as he had money. Realised I was wrong, All the evidence was negative bar the training ground and now even that had been stalled, his plans were mad and most likely so was he so changed my mind.

Same questions to the pro-Roland fans? What would it take to change your minds?
    It weren't meant as an argument mate, I don't think fans have got to be one or the other.

I'd personally love to see him go but from the evidence put in front of us, both from the media and people who have had indepth convos with KM, it all points to the fact that she ain't got any intentions of going anywhere any time soon.

Corrected that for you.
    We'll I'd have thought that if he did, she'd have no choice?

Serious question

the annoying thing about it is that Roland could easily supply the funds to get a decent manager and build a good team in this league.
  • seth plum said:

Don't wish for something you might regret.

We've already got something we regret you twat!!!!
    I take it you know what a "twat" is?
    Is it Yorkshire for a unit of energy?
    Nah, power. Think you're thinking of t'joule ;)
  • Knew that a-level would come in handy
  • edited May 2017

What would it take, if anything, for people to change their minds on the Owner?

Serious question

I have already changed my mind.

I thought it would be a "bumpy ride" early on as he got use to English football but it would be OK after three years as he had money. Realised I was wrong, All the evidence was negative bar the training ground and now even that had been stalled, his plans were mad and most likely so was he so changed my mind.

Same questions to the pro-Roland fans? What would it take to change your minds?
    It weren't meant as an argument mate, I don't think fans have got to be one or the other.

I'd personally love to see him go but from the evidence put in front of us, both from the media and people who have had indepth convos with KM, it all points to the fact that she ain't got any intentions of going anywhere any time soon.

Corrected that for you.
    We'll I'd have thought that if he did, she'd have no choice?
    If you go back to the Varney emails, it's pretty clear that she was not willing to have that meeting and that was her choice, not RD's, at least until the whole thing became public.
  • I love the sentiment behind the post title and I'll be supporting the team next season .. BUT, of course, there is a BUT ..

for the past few seasons as soon as the fixture lists were published, I have picked out a dozen or so away games and a few home games and booked hotels, sometimes trains and made arrangements for a day or three away in exotic locations such as Shrewsbury, Oldham, Milton Keynes and downtown Charlton ..
    after the dross served up for the past two seasons, I am going to be FAR more selective in my choice of games and how far I will travel next season .. hopefully I will save myself a lot of boredom (oh so many 1-1s) and a lot of money .. I am still an eternal optimist and will revise my plans depending on who we sign and the times and dates of selected away games ... Come on You Addicks !!!!

Serious question

Don't know about changing my mind. But winning the next 120 games in a row would stop me thinking about the owner.
    This is indeed a serious answer.
  • Sponsored links:

Serious question

Too much water under the bridge and too many lies. I simply cannot trust anything Duchatalet or Squirrel Face says.

But if we were told he was here forever and asked what would be needed as a minimum ... then Meire has to go and he has to start behaving as an interested owner and not an absentee landlord playing with the club as if it was some half-forgotten toy. And appoint a manger who he might not agree with all the time but who is given freedom to manage.

Serious question

Worthy of a separate thread for a proper discussion.
  • mogodon said:

Serious question

Too much water under the bridge and too many lies. I simply cannot trust anything Duchatalet or Squirrel Face says.

But if we were told he was here forever and asked what would be needed as a minimum ... then Meire has to go and he has to start behaving as an interested owner and not an absentee landlord playing with the club as if it was some half-forgotten toy. And appoint a manger who he might not agree with all the time but who is given freedom to manage.
    Spot on with the opening paragraph.
  • Then you are gullible to believe left wing propgander

Propaganda
  • seth plum said:

Serious question

Don't know about changing my mind. But winning the next 120 games in a row would stop me thinking about the owner.
    This is indeed a serious answer.
    We're not Huddersfield.

• Sponsored links:

• RD has no intention of wanting to win over the fans. If he did he would get rid of KM. she is toxic to the supporters , he knows that and does nothing.

This This and This
  • Has @WhenIwasLittleBoy changed his mind yet?
  • cfgs said:

Two questions to anyone that honestly is anti Roly but also anti protests.

1.If we all turned up every week and did not protest but watched the football, do you think Roland would be more or less likely you ensure we are run properly?

2. If you are as you state anti Roland then you should want him out, if the boycotted returned and nobody acted up, in your opinion would he more or less likely to sell?

1 less likely
    2 less likely
    I'm anti roland, anti card.
  • clb74 said:

cfgs said:

1.If we all turned up every week and did not protest but watched the football, do you think Roland would be more or less likely you ensure we are run properly?

2. If you are as you state anti Roland then you should want him out, if the boycotted returned and nobody acted up, in your opinion would he more or less likely to sell?

1 less likely
    2 less likely
    Thanks for your honesty.
  • People who are on this forum are all fundamentally Charlton nuts.
    Thery're not the ones who are the problem, whether they're pro or anti Roland.

The ones who are the real problem are those that are drifting away, that have lost interest, that have switched to other clubs. The ones that may never return.

Look at the make up of the crowd in any decent sized football match:

The away fans are all committed fans.
    Amongst the home fans there'll be a reasonably high percentage of nutters (committed fans), a decent number of 'fair weather fans', and a not insignificant percentage who just like football, vaguely support the club, and are attending hope in the hope of watching a good game of football. There'll also be a few who don't care at all about either of the teams, but just want to get out of the house.

@WhenIwasLittleBoy you shouldn't blame the protesters. They clearly care about their club, almost by definition. You all want the same thing, which is a club that is going places, rather than one that's stagnating or heading off into a downward spiral. Even Roland wants the club to be 'successful', but his definition of successful is unfortunately very different to most football supporters' definition. The 'proposition of a unique fan experience' based on casual support, followed by a nice dance, just isn't going to cut the mustard down in SE7, especially as winning matches is so low on his list of priorities.

• Backing the manager so he can assemble a team worthy of promotion. BTW our best player this season is a left winger.
  • Charlton Life is a place where open debate and discussion is not just allowed but encouraged.

It's a great forum.

We are never all going to agree, and wouldn't it be dull if we did?

That said, I do find it annoying to have people offer me out over PM. Don't think it's necessary, desirable or helpful to the future success of the club.
  • clb74 said:

cfgs said:

1 less likely
    2 less likely
    So what is your solution?
  • edited May 2017

Don't wish for something you might regret.

Don't regret wishing for something that we want...!!!