Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support the team in 2017-18

Comments

• Options

Ain't it time we become United as fans to support the team next season and get behind the boys. There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team.
    Get behind the team and management for next season before it becomes to late

A lot of the time I feel like I'm just supporting Ricky Holmes, let's hope he stays!
  • Options

The reason I ain't been going is for personal reasons. However I still had bought a season ticket.

Good, you're a fan.

But so am I and I didn't buy a season ticket after nearly 40 years of having one.

It's not a competition, we're all fans, lots of us have seen hard times and good times before but that doesn't mean we have to just accept this terrible owner.

You're letting your hatred of a few CARD activists effect your judgement on this. You know regime is no good and is killing the club but you don't want to admit it because you think that means you agree with the people you hate.

It doesn't, it just makes you a fan.
    Not at all. It's all well and good saying sell up but do we know who to? What the new owners intentions would be? What sort of funding they have?
    Why not look at the money that has been spent and get behind the team?
    I tell you why not, bexouse you have gone so far down a road and will not turn back and support the team.
    Money isn't the only factor for success. As I explained in full detail above I'd rather we were struggling through lack of money instead of incompetence, neglect and spite.

I see you've posted the same drivel over the FB page.
    The man is a stalker the fact he is now following me on facebook
    Can't help but see that you're posting the same shit on all charlton social media.
  • Options

The reason I ain't been going is for personal reasons. However I still had bought a season ticket.

Good, you're a fan.

But so am I and I didn't buy a season ticket after nearly 40 years of having one.

It's not a competition, we're all fans, lots of us have seen hard times and good times before but that doesn't mean we have to just accept this terrible owner.

You're letting your hatred of a few CARD activists effect your judgement on this. You know regime is no good and is killing the club but you don't want to admit it because you think that means you agree with the people you hate.

Not at all. It's all well and good saying sell up but do we know who to? What the new owners intentions would be? What sort of funding they have?
    I tell you why not, bexouse you have gone so far down a road and will not turn back and support the team.
    Are you saying I don't support the team? What evidence do you have for that?

Fact is I do support the team at home and away so please don't pretend I don't or somehow your support is "better" because we can chat about Ricky Holmes if you like.

I don't know who the next owner will or how good they will be.

What I and most fans now realise is that this owner is no good. Hes hurting the club and the team and you said that yourself in the lib.

But if you are in a bad relationship you don't stick around because the next might be worst. You get out and find someone you hope will be better.

Did I say you don't support the team and if so where did I say it??

Did I say my support was better ??!

To compare a support for a team to relationship is lame however if you insist in doing so what you do do is work at it rather than walk away.
  • Options

BTW Dean -Aubrey was here today.Looking a lot healthier than last time I saw him

He came round the other week. Still smokes like a chimney
  • Options
    So is it that you are in favour of RD or just that the protestors - or some of them - get up your nose?
  • Options

Good, you're a fan.

Money isn't the only factor for success. As I explained in full detail above I'd rather we were struggling through lack of money instead of incompetence, neglect and spite.

Can't help but see that you're posting the same shit on all charlton social media.
    So you follow people on social media, alternatively if it doesn't fit with you it is deemed as shit
  • Options
    Off_it said:

So is it that you are in favour of RD or just that the protestors - or some of them - get up your nose?

Personally can't see the point in the protests. Totally non benifcial to the club or players. Seen a lot worse ownership of the club and I wouldn't wish for something that you don't know, all that is being drip fed hasn't come off, and if there are new owners would they be any better? Would they invest in players? Let's face it the aussies were struggling to raise 20 million so I wouldn't be comfortable if they did take that they had the funds to buy players
  • Options

Off_it said:

Personally can't see the point in the protests. Totally non benifcial to the club or players. Seen a lot worse ownership of the club and I wouldn't wish for something that you don't know, all that is being drip fed hasn't come off, and if there are new owners would they be any better? Would they invest in players? Let's face it the aussies were struggling to raise 20 million so I wouldn't be comfortable if they did take that they had the funds to buy players
    Fair enough, but does that mean you just don't see the problem that people are up in arms about, or that you don't like or agree with the way people are going about it? Or is it the people themselves?

I'm just trying to understand a different mindset to my own as all this is quite literally tearing our club apart. And surely nobody wants that?
  • Options

Good, you're a fan.

So you follow people on social media, alternatively if it doesn't fit with you it is deemed as shit
    Or perhaps you posting the same drivel,with nothing to back it up and doesn't stand up to scrutiny from intelligent argument, on multiple social media platforms is just shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Fair enough, but does that mean you just don't see the problem that people are up in arms about, or that you don't like or agree with the way people are going about it? Or is it the people themselves?

I'm just trying to understand a different mindset to my own as all this is quite literally tearing our club apart. And surely nobody wants that?
    There are clubs in this country far worse off than us. As stated earlier no one wants to back down and if anything it is doing more harm than good.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

There are clubs in this country far worse off than us. As stated earlier no one wants to back down and if anything it is doing more harm than good.
    That's true about some clubs being in a worse position than us. But I'm more concerned about us, and we are in a right old mess. And as far as I can see it was a preventable mess and it is getting steadily worse year on year, not better.

RD's ownership to date has been a disaster, by any standard you can try to measure it. Whether it would be better under anyone else is debatable, but surely we can at least agree on that?

The season Powell took over we had a worse run and the football was awful, financially on our knees, a pitch that was like a marsh, however we won't mention that
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

That's true about some clubs being in a worse position than us. But I'm more concerned about us, and we are in a right old mess. And as far as I can see it was a preventable mess and it is getting steadily worse year on year, not better.

RD's ownership to date has been a disaster, by any standard you can try to measure it. Whether it would be better under anyone else is debatable, but surely we can at least agree on that?

The season Powell took over we had a worse run and the football was awful, financially on our knees, a pitch that was like a marsh, however we won't mention that
    I'm talking about now though. Powell was years ago. How do you feel it has been going now?
  • Options

You don't even know who they sell to what the new owners intentions would be. You all live in cuckoo land

We know the current owner and CEO are clueless and are making the club worse day by day. Therefore, they have go to for us to have any chance of improvement both on and off the pitch.

I will now refrain from reading anything you write, @WhenIwasLittleBoy. I may miss a pearl of wisdom but I think it far more likely I will be avoiding drivel.
  • Options

You don't even know who they sell to what the new owners intentions would be. You all live in cuckoo land

We know the current owner and CEO are clueless and are making the club worse day by day. Therefore, they have go to for us to have any chance of improvement both on and off the pitch.

I will now refrain from reading anything you write, @WhenIwasLittleBoy. I may miss a pearl of wisdom but I think it far more likely I will be avoiding drivel.
    If there had been a firm offer from a consortium who highlighted there intentions and was turned down for whatever reason then maybe I can understand what all the wishful thinking was, however there hasn't been a solid bid, and we don't know what a new owners intentions would be, the reality is as a club we are not an attractive club to buy at the moment due to toxic atmosphere, will players want to join a club in the summer with the way things are within the ground.?

The reality is no matter what is done at the club now it will always be shot down.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

I'm talking about now though. Powell was years ago. How do you feel it has been going now?
    Two and half years ago, Powell was named Sir, why I don't know, but the reality is he didn't do a better job when he first come in and the club was in a far worst state
  • Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Two and half years ago, Powell was named Sir, why I don't know, but the reality is he didn't do a better job when he first come in and the club was in a far worst state
    Mate, I don't understand what Powell has got to do with anything or why you keep mentioning him. We've had loads of managers since him and the result seems to be the same - we are going backwards. Now in my mind that means they were either all shit managers, to a man, or else there is something else going wrong.

Law of averages says they can't all have been shit, so it must be the something else. And the one consistent thing in all of this has been KMs stewardship under RDs ownership.

Someone else may have done better, or they might've done worse. But surely you would agree that his ownership has been a disaster, regardless of how bad other clubs may have been doing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

OK, give us some FACTS that back up why the protests are doing more harm than good.

Certainly nothing to do with the results, as we have won numerous times when there have been large protests. So lets actually hear some concrete reasoning behind why you think this...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Ain't it time we become United as fans to support the team next season and get behind the boys. There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team.
    Get behind the team and management for next season before it becomes to late

You don't give up do you? I'll give you that.
    @WhenIwasLittleBoy don't just send me weird private messages my friend. Share them with everyone. Otherwise you come across as a bit odd.
    Don't worry. He's sent me some weird inboxes too. Wanted to fight me outside the lib!
  • Options
    do I think any new owners will finish above 13th in League One ? yes
    Even if they have a smaller than top 6 budget ? yes
    Even if they Have a lot smaller budget ? yes
    Why ? Because this lot have spent all the money in the world as wank as they have and we have finished 13th in League One , spending lots of money doesn't guarantee a decent finish and if we had a proper footballing structure in place we could make better use of funding and would give ourselves a much better chance .
    Will happily give upbeats £100 every year we finish below 13th under any new owners

Better to try elsewhere and fail than to continue to fail with the same bellend management we have in place now
    He who dares Rodney

• Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

OK, give us some FACTS that back up why the protests are doing more harm than good.

Certainly nothing to do with the results, as we have won numerous times when there have been large protests. So lets actually hear some concrete reasoning behind why you think this...
    Another deluded member of CARD justifies their actions. it is laughable
  • Options

If there had been a firm offer from a consortium who highlighted there intentions and was turned down for whatever reason then maybe I can understand what all the wishful thinking was, however there hasn't been a solid bid, and we don't know what a new owners intentions would be, the reality is as a club we are not an attractive club to buy at the moment due to toxic atmosphere, will players want to join a club in the summer with the way things are within the ground.?

The reality is no matter what is done at the club now it will always be shot down.
    Uhm Peter Varney's investor. Watch the interview he did with CARD a while back and listen to what he had to say on the GTKTN podcast recently.

He had a rich individual who wanted to buy the club had good intentions and good advisors. Had a management team in place that would 'make the fans very happy'. But was knocked back.

There's your answer.
    But was there a solid bid?
  • Options
    "There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team."

I "expect" the team to be even worse next season that it was this time round.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

cafctom said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Eh?

I'm not a member of CARD. Not had anything to do with protest organisation whatsoever.

I've politely asked if you could provide any facts or evidence that suggest the protests are hurting the team. Can you provide them?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Off_it said:

Off_it said:

Eh?

I'm not a member of CARD. Not had anything to do with protest organisation whatsoever.

I've politely asked if you could provide any facts or evidence that suggest the protests are hurting the team. Can you provide them?
    How about Katrien's lack of visibility ? When this regime rolled into town she was front and centre, now she is very quiet. This is either a result of the protests or the realisation of her own incompetence, both in their own right justify the protests.

There are probably better examples but I'm extrordinarly hungover.
  • Options

Good, you're a fan.

Are you saying I don't support the team? What evidence do you have for that?

Fact is I do support the team at home and away so please don't pretend I don't or somehow your support is "better" because we can chat about Ricky Holmes if you like.

I don't know who the next owner will or how good they will be.

What I and most fans now realise is that this owner is no good. Hes hurting the club and the team and you said that yourself in the lib.

But if you are in a bad relationship you don't stick around because the next might be worst. You get out and find someone you hope will be better.

Did I say you don't support the team and if so where did I say it??

Did I say my support was better ??!

To compare a support for a team to relationship is lame however if you insist in doing so what you do do is work at it rather than walk away.
    When you said to me

"I tell you why not, bexouse you have gone so far down a road and will not turn back and support the team."