Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Support the team in 2017-18

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2017

Ain't it time we become United as fans to support the team next season and get behind the boys. There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team.
    Get behind the team and management for next season before it becomes to late

You don't give up do you? I'll give you that.
    @WhenIwasLittleBoy don't just send me weird private messages my friend. Share them with everyone. Otherwise you come across as a bit odd.
    Don't worry. He's sent me some weird inboxes too. Wanted to fight me outside the lib!
    After giving it Charlie big potatoes and melted...Let's get that out there
    I'll happily post the full conversation screenshots on here if you think thays the case. I suggested you were a WUM and a troll I also suggested you might be Colin reincarnated. You aren't Colin so I apologised for that. You then went on to prove your WUM/Troll status by threatening me!
  • Options
    Supported the club all my life and will continue to do so. The fact that you compare the club to North Korea sums you up
  • Options

Then why say you don't give up?? If you got something to say with relevance then say it but you don't make sense. Another Johnny come lately that has never seen the 70's and 80's with a proper shit team, derelict ground not a pot to piss in

Well you clearly know nothing about me and I don't want to know anything more about you. I know enough already.

Supporting Charlton ain't all about who has the biggest cock or who has followed for more years.

I will take the guidance of jimmy85 and not bother with any more of your 'contributions '.
    Another Johnny come lately then
  • Options

@WhenIwasLittleBoy do you genuinely think that Roland is good for the longevity of Charlton Athletic? Or is it that you just want to turn up on a Saturday and watch a game of football, but don't care about the continuing decline down the football pyramid among a multitude of other questionable off field decisions? Or something else I haven't covered?

I'm curious.

Edit: it might come across snarky given the tone of this thread overall but I really would like to know.

Wum's don't usually reply to intelligent debate. I wait with bated breath to see this particular WUM's response.
  • Options
    Who is WUM?
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dean, as we said when we had a chat in the Lib we're all fans, we all want the team to win and the club to do well.

The only person who doesn't care about us winning is Roland.

Forget left wing, right wing as it's nothing to do with it.

• Options

Supported the club all my life and will continue to do so. The fact that you compare the club to North Korea sums you up

I've supported the club all my life too. Glad we've found some common ground.

Given that you continue to support Roland's Charlton despite it's failures, am I right to assume that you dissociate Roland from Charlton and will continue to support whoever owns the club regardless of what decisions they make?
  • Options
    Ben you know as well I do there are people that turn out ie today to protest and not support the team. Where have they been all season. You never stop supporting the club you love regardless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is WUM?

You is WUM
    Is that right? I guess that is some Street talk
  • Options

Who is WUM?

You is WUM
    What is a WUM?
  • Options

Who is WUM?

You is WUM
    What is a WUM?
    Wind up merchant.
  • Options

Ben you know as well I do there are people that turn out ie today to protest and not support the team. Where have they been all season. You never stop supporting the club you love regardless

I don't think that's right though. What makes you think they didn't support the team?
  • Options

Who is WUM?

You is WUM
    What is a WUM?
    Wind Up Merchant
  • Options

I support Charlton, the club I love. I also support holding accountable those in charge of running the club I love.
    And you know that a new owner would be better ?
  • Options

Except these people do support the team when they are there. Yes they turn up to protest but they also support the team.

And they aren't not supporting the team when they chose not to go. They are doing so for the good of the club. You may not agree but it's their choice...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I support Charlton, the club I love. I also support holding accountable those in charge of running the club I love.
    Can't be much bloody worse.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

cafctom said:

The support for the team is actually much stronger on the days when the protestors are out in force.

The whole "just support the team" crowd tend to spend a lot of the time sat in silence not really supporting anything from what I've seen at most home games this year.

The two aren't mutually exclusive at all. If you care about the club then I can't understand why anyone would happily sit back and let it be run into the ground the way that it is.

This is a very good point. All the people sat around me (in East Stand) who didn't join in with the protest chants nor stood up when we sang "Stand up if you want them out", also did not join in on ANY pro team chants or songs. None at all. Yet they are the real supporters and us anti-regime are not?
    Yes. And on non protest games the atmosphere has been diabolical this year. Like seriously dreadful. About 4 people singing in the whole ground half the time.
  • Options

I honestly don't think it can get much worse than what we have currently. Of course, it's possible but that's a chance I'd be willing to take. Maybe that's where we differ.
  • Options
    Roland won't last forever. Our next owner won't last forever, for good or bad. Our owner after that won't, either.

It's a continual cycle and it's up to us as fans to make sure those that are in temporary charge are making decisions in the best interests of our club.
  • Options
    What did we do when the Gliksten's were running the club with their 19 year spending embargo + plans to move to Milton Keynes + plans to redevelop the ground?

We supported the players and got behind the team.

It's not the first (nor probably the last) time we've had a wally as owner, so I suggest we do the same now.

As for blocking redevelopment plans: lobby the council and get any planning application refused.
  • Options

Can't be much bloody worse.
    You know that for a fact??
  • Options

Ain't it time we become United as fans to support the team next season and get behind the boys. There are no winners or loosers in all this expect the team.
    Get behind the team and management for next season before it becomes to late

What did we do when the Gliksten's were running the club with their 19 year spending embargo + plans to move to Milton Keynes + plans to redevelop the ground?

We supported the players and got behind the team.

It's not the first (nor probably the last) time we've had a wally as owner, so I suggest we do the same now.

As for blocking redevelopment plans: lobby the council and get any planning application refused.

Sounds shit. Why didn't you protest?