Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double Signing Imminent

Comments

• Options
    I thought he was going to Peterborough.
  • Options
    For us old'uns, Pearl and Dean. Or Burke and Hare. Plenty of Burkes already though.
  • Options
    If I was him, I'd having word with my Agent. ;)
  • Options
    Why would we sign anyone now when we can do it the week before the season starts or before the window closes? They have never done it before, so why now, unless it's loose change of course?
  • Options

Why would we sign anyone now when we can do it the week before the season starts or before the window closes? They have never done it before, so why now, unless it's loose change of course?

Katrien has been promised that if she can get our signing over the line now... She'll get to have a longer holiday in Dubai
  • Options

We have signed players this early before although usually the deal is from first July.

Signing a player now costs two months extra wages but secures the player.

Powell/Varney/Kavanagh hard deals set up im the March before the league winning season
  • Options

Learned from our mistakes.
  • Options

We have signed players this early before although usually the deal is from first July.

Powell/Varney/Kavanagh hard deals set up im the March before the league winning season
    Are you sure? I don't think the transfer would formally go through until July 1 when the window officially opens. Usually contracts run through 30 June as a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reminds me of Alan Pardew straight after the Liverpool game.

We'll be signing someone within 24-hours didnt he say... Still waiting for that player (Wasnt it meant to be Hoolahan?)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Ben and Jerry rumoured to be signing, the deals on freeze at the moment.
  • Options
    Hinge and Bracket, although they do have some knockers.
  • Options

Interested to see Josh Wright, our old boy, got player of the year, players player of the year and away fans player of the year at Gills this year. Lots of people talk about how good their boy Dack is but Wright has clearly had a better season this year at least. Worth a bid to bring back? At 27 he would be hitting the prime of his career.

Saw him play a fair bit at Millwall. His talent is reactive, loses too many 50/50 balls, has some qualities but physically doesn't dominate. Maybe we're a below average l1 side, but he's average l1 quality who needs a packed midfield to not be exposed in the champ.

He's one of those players that if he was more at it like Arter, his skills would be competently champ level. With him in the side we'd struggle to make play offs.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Are you sure? I don't think the transfer would formally go through until July 1 when the window officially opens. Usually contracts run through 30 June as a result.
    This. Most contracts run until June 30th, so the former club pay their wages until then. Out of contract players at that date can sign pre-contract deals with new clubs up to 6 months prior to July 1st. Apart from us signing HH in late March we also signed Mendonca in late May I believe - so nothing stopping KR signing players now.

Also, if there were 2 players in the stands on sunday I assume they aren't currently with League One clubs as they would have been playing for them - unless they were injured or left out - and who would sign injured or out of favour players........
  • Options

SDAddick said:

You can sign any player at any time, you just can't play them.

We signed Hierridesson (sp?) During the season and couldn't play him until the next season.

SDAddick said:

We signed Hierridesson (sp?) During the season and couldn't play him until the next season.
    You cannot 'sign' a player outside of the transfer window. It is a gentlemens agreement. Everything is put in place for the signature on July 1st.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You cannot 'sign' a player outside of the transfer window. It is a gentlemens agreement. Everything is put in place for the signature on July 1st.
    I thought we actually signed Hriedarsson outside of the transfer window though because he actually came and trained at the Valley and didnt play a game for Ipswich for the rest of that season...
  • Options
    Dumb and dumber signi...n...g, ah sorry, they've been here three years already!
  • Options
    theyll class jackson as a new signing #welcomejohnnie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2017

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

That doesn't apply to us though Ben, as when was Duchatalet considered to be a gentleman.....or Meier come to that, both literally and metaphorically.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

I thought we actually signed Hriedarsson outside of the transfer window though because he actually came and trained at the Valley and didnt play a game for Ipswich for the rest of that season...
    We did, think he was paraded on the pitch before Leeds put six past us, then he couldn't play until the next campaign.
  • Options
    I can understand why KR is attracted to players he has worked with before (and it may in turn reflect our lack of scouting resources), but it does rather narrow the potential universe of players and means that when he inevitably leaves sometime next season then the new boss wants to overhaul it all over again.
  • Options

I can understand why KR is attracted to players he has worked with before (and it may in turn reflect our lack of scouting resources), but it does rather narrow the potential universe of players and means that when he inevitably leaves sometime next season then the new boss wants to overhaul it all over again.

You say that but it does seem nearly every footballer has played for him at MK, probably some that aren't even born yet!
  • Options

The club have just got wind of the old pound coin going out of circulation soon. Credit to them for trying to act fast.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You can sign a player outside the transfer window, but if they were not a free agent (like when we signed Yann) they are not eligible to play until the next transfer window opens.
    They cannot sign if they are under contract with another club until 30th June.
  • Options

cfgs said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

You can sign a player outside the transfer window, but if they were not a free agent (like when we signed Yann) they are not eligible to play until the next transfer window opens.
    Isn't that if their contract is running out?
  • Options
    Bill Turnbull and Louise Minchin.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

cfgs said:

SDAddick said:

SDAddick said:

Isn't that if their contract is running out?
    No. It is the transfer window rules whether the contract is running down or mid contract term.