Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double Signing Imminent

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Botaka was signed from Excelsior who are a struggling Eredivisie side with average crowds of about 4k. I doubt he was on big money there and i'm sure Leeds won't have been paying him anywhere near 10k a week
  • Options
    Am I missing something? Sure we can argue the toss over whether Mavididi was quite good or very good, but Botaka... was pony wasn't he?
  • Options
    Don't see Boatka being on Karl's wanted list, i think we will sign Byrne permanently and Mavididi will come back for the season.

Can't see Dasilva coming back unless he is going to start and as Page was a KR signing he probably sees him as first choice RB.
  • Options

Don't see Boatka being on Karl's wanted list, i think we will sign Byrne permanently and Mavididi will come back for the season.

Can't see Dasilva coming back unless he is going to start and as Page was a KR signing he probably sees him as first choice RB.

With Wigan back with us in league one, I'd be surprised to see them let him go - especially to someone they could see as a threat... would imagine he'll be given a chance back there if he has impressed with us
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

With Wigan back with us in league one, I'd be surprised to see them let him go - especially to someone they could see as a threat... would imagine he'll be given a chance back there if he has impressed with us
    He grew up in London and still lives down south I believe so he might a move back here, plus he has kept his social media profiles as a cafc player and said how much he enjoyed it with us, i read that as "come and get me"
  • Options

Missed It said:

Why would Arsenal ever left Mavidivi come back to Charlton after Robinson overplayed him, ran him into the ground and broke him?

Not Robinson's biggest fan but that simply isn't true.
    Robinson said as much in his post match interview after Stephy was injured. He took complete responsibility for it..
    Robinson did say that he wished that he'd managed Mavidivi a bit more responsibly given the lad's age and inexperience, having tried to play him for two 90 minute games within 4 days. It was an unfortunate injury and more severe than normal hamstring tears - but to say he "broke him" is a bit OTT.

The lad is young and has every chance of healing properly given proper remedial care.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

SDAddick said:

Well Crofts has already signed, JJ will be announced soon, then the aging MK keeper. That is 3 through the door by the end of next week possibly. Exciting start.

To be fair, Martin is 31, prime age for a goalkeeper. That said, us being linked with 32 year old Darren Potter, though he might be the best of our 30+ midfielders, is somewhat concerning. Ditto 33 year old Michael Turner (not sure if that's an actual link or just a "he lives in the area).

I'd definitely have DaSilva and Mvididi back. If nothing else, it'd give me more of a chance to learn to spell their names properly. But also, as mentioned, they have pace and technique that is almost impossible to come by at this level. Both were erratic, both made mistakes, but having a couple players who are 5/10 one week and 8/10 another is really useful in what is, shall we say, a limited league.
    Thing is, they were never 5/10 really, they were both consistently outstanding in their appearances. DaSilva got one 5.something on Players Marks but a) that was one of the higher marks of the worst home display of the season vs MK Dons and b) he actually played more like an 8 but most people were in no mood to hand out that kind of mark
    Good point. Was thinking more to Mvididi.
  • Options
    Obviously, not that imminent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd seriously rather Botaka then Byrne. I wasnt amazingly impressed with Byrne....though that is based on him playing right back most games which probably didn't help him show any flair he may have.
  • Options

Botaka was signed from Excelsior who are a struggling Eredivisie side with average crowds of about 4k. I doubt he was on big money there and i'm sure Leeds won't have been paying him anywhere near 10k a week

Leeds we're paying the bloke who looked after the goldfish in the Boardroom about 10k a week.