Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double Signing Imminent

Comments

• Options
    Driesen lining up Sooty and Sweep.
  • Options
    Fully expect to see Mavididi on loan to us next season. If we somehow manage to keep Holmes, and maybe even sign Mark Marshall too, those 3 behind Magennis would be a very direct, quick and exciting attack.

Theoretical of course, but would be exciting.
  • Options
    Siegfried & Roy would be a magical midfield duo.
  • Options
    Loans and free transfers. How exciting.
  • Options
    Mavididi was okaaaaay. Hardly someone to pin your hopes of promotion on.
  • Options
    My only concern would be his hamstrings. Could he play a full season or will he be a bit like Haynes.

Obviously he is way to talented for us.
  • Options
    Do we think Igor will be back? Would be a good player for L1 alongside Josh
  • Options
    I know they'd only be loans but if we could get Dasilva and Mavididi back for next season that'd be a good start
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have Mavididi back like a shot.
  • Options
    Karl has this covered lads, a left back to play right mid and a winger who can play full back!
  • Options

Well Crofts has already signed, JJ will be announced soon, then the aging MK keeper. That is 3 through the door by the end of next week possibly. Exciting start.

To be fair, Martin is 31, prime age for a goalkeeper. That said, us being linked with 32 year old Darren Potter, though he might be the best of our 30+ midfielders, is somewhat concerning. Ditto 33 year old Michael Turner (not sure if that's an actual link or just a "he lives in the area).

I'd definitely have DaSilva and Mvididi back. If nothing else, it'd give me more of a chance to learn to spell their names properly. But also, as mentioned, they have pace and technique that is almost impossible to come by at this level. Both were erratic, both made mistakes, but having a couple players who are 5/10 one week and 8/10 another is really useful in what is, shall we say, a limited league.
  • Options
    Not a chance he'll get that many in. Especially as we'll lose half the team anyway. Another summer of rebuilding.
  • Options
    If,and it's a big if we could get Mavididi on a season loan next season, as long as he stays fit he would be player of the year.
    Different class
  • Options

Not a chance he'll get that many in. Especially as we'll lose half the team anyway. Another summer of NOT rebuilding.

Fixed that for you. #glasshalfempty
  • Options

Well Crofts has already signed, JJ will be announced soon, then the aging MK keeper. That is 3 through the door by the end of next week possibly. Exciting start.

Sorry, quoting myself but I had forgotten we will also be-signing Ceballos, Vetokele and Sarr so that actually means 6 and gets us half way towards KR number.
  • Options
    Has Crofts actually been on the o/s?
  • Options

Has Crofts actually been on the o/s?

No, and neither has Jackson's.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the prospect of Mavididi returning. I think he is definitely talented and can offer something.

Pace at this level is dangerous and often will lead to the defence panicking and making mistakes for a good striker to capitalise on.

However, I'm not sure I am 100% behind the idea that he can be the potent force up front that will fire us up the league to promotion. Although his signature for a loan spell, along with another proven striker would most definitely be welcomed!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I just found out Botaka is out of contract in the summer. I think he'd be decent on a free. He seemed to struggle to put a run of games together. From what I've seen, he seems to have the tools (including the work rate), but just hasn't put it all together yet. He was also played on the left a fair amount, which seems a bit odd given he seems more natural on the right.

I'd have him on a free. Think it's a low risk/high reward situation. He won't cost anything, I can't imagine his wages are too high. And this is League One, sometimes you need to game on players, especially technically gifted wingers. As I said above, I don't think it's bad to have young, quick, technically gifted players who are 5 or 8 out of 10 at this level.

I agree, Botaka on a free is worth the move - he sometimes is silly with his decision making, tries too hard to be the Messi of League One without the end product, and has lead to use on a few occasions wasting a goal scoring opportunity.

But on a free? Definitely.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I just found out Botaka is out of contract in the summer. I think he'd be decent on a free. He seemed to struggle to put a run of games together. From what I've seen, he seems to have the tools (including the work rate), but just hasn't put it all together yet. He was also played on the left a fair amount, which seems a bit odd given he seems more natural on the right.

I'd have him on a free. Think it's a low risk/high reward situation. He won't cost anything, I can't imagine his wages are too high. And this is League One, sometimes you need to game on players, especially technically gifted wingers. As I said above, I don't think it's bad to have young, quick, technically gifted players who are 5 or 8 out of 10 at this level.

I agree, Botaka on a free is worth the move - he sometimes is silly with his decision making, tries too hard to be the Messi of League One without the end product, and has lead to use on a few occasions wasting a goal scoring opportunity.

But on a free? Definitely.
    The problem is that they are never free. I'd be staggered if he's earning less than £10k a week, and in the year we had him he didn't do much to warrenty that kind of money. Also his agent will want a singing on bonus which, I am led to believe, is almost as much as a transfer fee.

I'm not sure he did enough to make him good value for money even if he was, literally, free.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Find it hard to believe Botaka is on anything near 10k. More than half a million a year ? No way.
  • Options
    Why would Arsenal ever left Mavidivi come back to Charlton after Robinson overplayed him, ran him into the ground and broke him?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

To be fair, Martin is 31, prime age for a goalkeeper. That said, us being linked with 32 year old Darren Potter, though he might be the best of our 30+ midfielders, is somewhat concerning. Ditto 33 year old Michael Turner (not sure if that's an actual link or just a "he lives in the area).

I'd definitely have DaSilva and Mvididi back. If nothing else, it'd give me more of a chance to learn to spell their names properly. But also, as mentioned, they have pace and technique that is almost impossible to come by at this level. Both were erratic, both made mistakes, but having a couple players who are 5/10 one week and 8/10 another is really useful in what is, shall we say, a limited league.
    Thing is, they were never 5/10 really, they were both consistently outstanding in their appearances. DaSilva got one 5.something on Players Marks but a) that was one of the higher marks of the worst home display of the season vs MK Dons and b) he actually played more like an 8 but most people were in no mood to hand out that kind of mark
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Didn't see anything in the few times I saw him to think it would be worth bringing him back for next season. Particularly under an owner who wants a slim line squad and hence no / less room for "taking a chance".
  • Options

Missed It said:

Why would Arsenal ever left Mavidivi come back to Charlton after Robinson overplayed him, ran him into the ground and broke him?

Not Robinson's biggest fan but that simply isn't true.
    Robinson said as much in his post match interview after Stephy was injured. He took complete responsibility for it..