Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:

dickplumb said:
    Not overly unhappy at that deal... Experienced Goalkeeper brought in to challenge Dillon Phillips rather than another 'keeper around his own age (Declan Rudd or that Mark GIllespie from Carlisle we were once linked with) who will expect to play themselves.
    I don't expect Dillon Phillips to hang around, he's been treated badly imo.

You are assuming that a GK no longer wanted by MKD will walk in as no1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39659316

He wasn't released by MKD (as in they didn't want him), it was more that he didn't want to stay, or that they weren't offering enough, type of thing
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

dickplumb said:
    Not overly unhappy at that deal... Experienced Goalkeeper brought in to challenge Dillon Phillips rather than another 'keeper around his own age (Declan Rudd or that Mark GIllespie from Carlisle we were once linked with) who will expect to play themselves.
    I don't expect Dillon Phillips to hang around, he's been treated badly imo.

You are assuming that a GK no longer wanted by MKD will walk in as no1.

correct
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15279465.Trotter_leads_six_players_told_they_can_leave_Wanderers_this_summer/?ref=mr&lp=1

Bolton release 6 players including Liam Trotter who's always looked good against us, and Lewis Buxton who we passed up on last summer

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/15277870.Wanderers_hit_by_two_new_winding_up_petitions_from_HMRC/?ref=mr&lp=3

Incidentally Bolton still in seriously financial problems...
  • Options
    Stinks of something Charlton would do. Circus of a club
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Stinks of something Charlton would do. Circus of a club
    I don't know why we just don't offer £500k, loan him back until his contract expires and pay his wages as well.
    Don't give Kat ideas.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Football League Zone‏ @TheFLZone 1m1 minute ago
    More
    Charlton, Scunthorpe, Hearts & Gillingham are interested in signing Cardiff defender Deji Oshilaja. #cafc #uti #gfc #Gills #cardiffcity

24, 5'11" played all his football out on loan mainly at Gills and AFC Wimbledon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Kent Live journalist Clive Youlton has three twitter accounts he posts from and so you get the same story posted three times by him, it is a tad annoying.

Currently it is about Beckford being available and how Robinson loves this time of year.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Chicksen's gone (source - R Cawley)
  • Options
    Mrkinski said:

Chicksen's gone (source - R Cawley)

Well that's interesting, does say we want another left back but he's definitely better than Page.
  • Options
    Think Page gets a slightly raw deal on here, he can certainly defend, just can't pass
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Think Page gets a slightly raw deal on here, he can certainly defend, just can't pass

If Page could have lasted 90 minutes more often, he might have made a better impression!
  • Options

cfgs said:

The Kent Live journalist Clive Youlton has three twitter accounts he posts from and so you get the same story posted three times by him, it is a tad annoying.

Currently it is about Beckford being available and how Robinson loves this time of year.

can we just agree not to provide links to anything on Kent Live on here please, thanks
    I didn't because he annoys me.
  • Options
    I'm so annoyed I opened this thread
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chicksen is our best bloody left back. What a circus.

A good thing if we replace him with better though.
  • Options
    Holmes set for a new contract. Funny that, we already accepted a bid from Sheffield United according to some...
  • Options
    I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.
  • Options

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Very true look at the likes of Ian Wright, Jamie Vardy etc etc ! Worth looking into agree
  • Options

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Paul Williams, plus that other striker we picked up locally whose name escapes me
  • Options

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Nick Pope as well
  • Options
    Basically we've signed plenty of Non-League players over the years... the problem is one of two things though:

(1) Not all manage to step up as proven over the years
    (2) You'll get plenty of people moaning saying we should surely be attracting better players than from Dover and Stockport