Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Charlton news on Twitter reporting that released Preston striker Jermaine Beckford is a target for us! Saying Robinson trying to persuade him that he could score the goals to get us back to the Championship!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Paul Gorman is the one I meant, Michael Smith I think we bought from Darlington.

Darlington are non-league these days

• Options

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Paul Williams, plus that other striker we picked up locally whose name escapes me
    Lookman?
    Michael Smith.
    Yes, indeed. Ademola Lookman - who turned out not too shabby was acquired from Waterloo FC, a team that's so non-league they don't even run an adult team!
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Charlton news on Twitter reporting that released Preston striker Jermaine Beckford is a target for us! Saying Robinson trying to persuade him that he could score the goals to get us back to the Championship!

Mixed view there, he will score goals and would be good if his attitude is right. Hasn't he always played for teams oop noorth? Wages might be the biggest hurdle too
  • Options

Holmes set for a new contract. Funny that, we already accepted a bid from Sheffield United according to some...

Doesn't mean they didn't bid. Or I was just lying according to you.
    In fairness you did say Charlton had accepted a bid from Sheff U for Ricky Holmes.

So something doesn't add up, because Charlton wouldn't accept a bid for a player that they are not selling.

Unless they are selling.
    Literally passing on something I'd be told by someone I trust. I've got better things to do than make shit up.
  • Options
    Robinson said he wanted two keepers. Lee Camp released by Rotherham. Always rated him.

Wonder if there is any in"tent"ion of signing him?
  • Options
    I certainly wouldn't mind if he pitched up here.
  • Options

Robinson said he wanted two keepers. Lee Camp released by Rotherham. Always rated him.

He has issues with stress & some team mates call him Wigwam, some call him TeePee - apparently because he is two tense

*runs to get coat*

• Sponsored links:

• Options

I certainly wouldn't mind if he pitched up here.

Has a good left peg
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Can't be a coincidence?

• Options
    Middlesbrough have made a bid for that Nathan Thompson who we was linked with the other day
  • Options
    What it means is that clubs are eagerly anticipating being able to sign a quality player for nothing and have Charlton pay half his wages for three years.

• Options

What it means is that clubs are eagerly anticipating being able to sign a quality player for nothing and have Charlton pay half his wages for three years.

exactly. We will have a make him a decent offer to cancel his contract to cover his loss of wages at a new club over the next three years. And this will absolutely have to come out of any budget KR was given.

• Options
    Red_James said:

Middlesbrough have made a bid for that Nathan Thompson who we was linked with the other day

Out of contract this summer so it will all be about wages, location and playing time. Middlesbrough will certainly win the wages battle.
  • Options
    .....and with potential to go for a lot more money in 1 to 2 years time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

.....and with potential to go for a lot more money in 1 to 2 years time.

Of course
  • Options
    He's a left footer as well. I've always liked left footed centre backs.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Red_James said:

Out of contract this summer so it will all be about wages, location and playing time. Middlesbrough will certainly win the wages battle.</

Apologies I read it wrong they are after Nathan Thomas a winger from Hartlepool not Nathan Thomson from Swindon (had a very early morning)
  • Options

Except we already have Pearce and Lennon.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

I just don't see why Reeves would come to us just to work with Robinson. The odds on KR to be here in December (or even August) must be slim

First and only time you'll ever see the words Robinson and slim in the same sentence.
    Body fascism

I didn't like Carl Tiler or Nabby Sarr very much
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

wmcf123 said:

I just don't see why Reeves would come to us just to work with Robinson. The odds on KR to be here in December (or even August) must be slim

First and only time you'll ever see the words Robinson and slim in the same sentence.
    Body fascism

I didn't like Carl Tiler or Nabby Sarr very much
    Tiler decked Ruddock in the tunnel after our game at West Ham in 99, that is an achievement.
  • Options
    Red_James said:

Surely they can do better than him?
  • Options

Red_James said:

Surely they can do better than him?
    Case of mistaken identity.

They've bid for Nathan Thomas from Hartlepool.