Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Joe only signed a new contract in January. I doubt he's leaving for anything more than a loan. Doubt Liverpool are anything like us ...
  • Options
    Jermaine Beckford and James Vaughan up front for Bury next season would be deadly in this league. We would do well to sign Vaughan in my opinion.

Gomez won't be heading anywhere permanently, I would happily say that with almost certainty. I think he'll be pushing on next season to be in the first team at Liverpool, but if he does go on loan, I can see it being until January, a bit like Ake at Chelsea.
  • Options
    Dawson going Bury, three year deal, apparently they have money this season.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Dawson going Bury, three year deal, apparently they have money this season.

Scunthorpe....to Bury

Something doesn't sound right, I'm always suspicious when clubs start signing players who you'd have thought could have gone somewhere higher in the "pecking order". It usually ends in (financial) tears...
  • Options
    a young property magnate owns them
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Beckford has gone to Bury. What's that all about? He had an excellent season for Preston in League One. Surely a "bigger" club in this division might have taken a punt on him.

Potentially a big coup that for Lee Clark if he gets the form back from 2 years ago (he is 33 now though). I imagine staying in the general area must have appealed, I wonder if Blackburn or Wigan were interested in him?
    as has been written above by @Covered End .. he's got a BAD reputation .. anecdotal, but the times I have seen him he's very self indulgent, i.e. not a team player and his all round play has not impressed me at all .. Bury is a tough, rough and ready outfit, he might well be right at home there .. as would Dawson .. looks as though Bury has found some money from somewhere .. small clubs have done pretty well lately .. HOW do they manage ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Holden - Who?
    Dorien Smith - Was he the tooting guy?
    Dorien Smith was indeed the Tooting guy... Holden was the Winger signed on loan from Rhyl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Holden

Played in the JPT televised game at Southampton but that was it.
  • Options
    nothing to do with us .. Andre Gray .. got Luton back into the FL moved to Brentford and then to Burnley .. tough and consistent, a thorn in the side of any defence .. and then of course we have the old perennials, Vardy and Austin .. there are good strikers outside the FL .. BUT, they are very hard to find
  • Options
    Burton interested in Ben Reeves according to SSN 'sources'
  • Options

nothing to do with us .. Andre Gray .. got Luton back into the FL moved to Brentford and then to Burnley .. tough and consistent, a thorn in the side of any defence .. and then of course we have the old perennials, Vardy and Austin .. there are good strikers outside the FL .. BUT, they are very hard to find

Many of the decent non league players are those who were in the academies of larger clubs, but failed to make the grade and so dropped down to non league, before hopefully being spotted. Harry Arter would be another example of that
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Ademola Lookman
  • Options
    Great to see that we are out of the blocks swiftly this close season...
  • Options
    edited May 2017

it was reported on here that KR is now on holiday (2 weeks ?) so I don't expect any movement until the start of June, at which point our first choices would have all been signed up by teams who are on the ball & we will be shopping at Lidl's again.

Not sure what happened to the 2 players in the stands watching on the 30th April - perhaps they didnt have a copy of the stadium map & got lost trying to leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

it was reported on here that KR is now on holiday (2 weeks ?) so I don't expect any movement until the start of June, at which point our first choices would have all been signed up by teams who are on the ball & we will be shopping at Lidl's again.

Not sure what happened to the 2 players in the stands watching on the 30th April - perhaps they didnt have a copy of the stadium map & got lost trying to leave.
    If they are still there, maybe KM will try sell them a flat...
  • Options

How many signings are done in May? Even in 2011 we only signed Hollands and Pritchard in May. Most of them signed in June and some later.
  • Options
    From the BBC website .. 'Defender David Mirfin is one of four players to be released by beaten League One play-off semi-finalists Scunthorpe.
    Scott Wiseman, Joe Anyon and Jamie Ness will also leave the Iron'

I am simply amazed that Mirfin has been let go .. if central defence was not one of our strong(ish) areas I would advocate signing him a s a p .. I have never seen him have a bad game ..
    AND .. Anyon is a super keeper and Wiseman a decent right back .. Ness ? ... no monster jokes please ..
    Looks to me as though Alexander the manager is keeping the bathwater and throwing the baby away, unless of course he has VERY decent replacements earmarked already
  • Options
    Kentclickbait linking us to Jay O'Shea. No substance offered. Deliberately not posting link
  • Options
    Kentclickbait now linking Everton with Dijsteel
  • Options
    Bolton, Wigan and Birmingham after Jason Pearce, according to sky sports news
  • Options
    cafcbrown said:

Bolton, Wigan and Birmingham after Jason Pearce, according to sky sports news

Interesting one. Never really considered him leaving but again he will be in big wages.
  • Options
    Wigan want him back!?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Wigan want him back!?

He was captain in their league 1 Championship side
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Wigan want him back!?

He was captain in their league 1 Championship side
    Makes a mockery of selling Hinckley last summer! I'd imagine they'd just wave the fee we still owe