Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Didn't Pearce want to move south for personal reasons?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Great to see that we are out of the blocks swiftly this close season...

it was reported on here that KR is now on holiday (2 weeks ?) so I don't expect any movement until the start of June, at which point our first choices would have all been signed up by teams who are on the ball & we will be shopping at Lidl's again.

Not sure what happened to the 2 players in the stands watching on the 30th April - perhaps they didnt have a copy of the stadium map & got lost trying to leave.
    How many signings are done in May? Even in 2011 we only signed Hollands and Pritchard in May. Most of them signed in June and some later.
    Absolutely correct in what you are saying, but the Liverpool Lip raised expectations by suggesting he would have brought in a clutch of players by now. ‎
  • Options
    That's him gone then. Doesn't leave much with Tex probably on his way and possibly Bauer. Another summer another rebuild.
  • Options

Kentclickbait now linking Everton with Dijsteel

Agent talk
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Agent talk
    Why, he's recently signed a long term contract?
  • Options
    edited May 2017

By far our best defender, would rather lose Bauer and Tex over him.

Interesting how opinion has come 360 on Pearce - before he got injured everyone was complaining that he was playing and Tex wasn't.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

Agent talk
    Why, he's recently signed a long term contract?
    Rehashed story, that's probably why he got a new improved one.
  • Options

By far our best defender, would rather lose Bauer and Tex over him.

Interesting how opinion has come 360 on Pearce - before he got injured everyone was complaining that he was playing and Tex wasn't.
    I agree, didn't know what we had till he was gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Any other owner and we could be excited about a sell-on fee. We got around £8mill for lookman by all accounts, added to the fee for Fox and what did we get out of that? Three loans and a couple of average actual signings. Personally would like to see Gomez get a chance at Liverpool once he is properly fit, maybe a loan move next year. From our point of view only RD's bank balance benefits

Jake Forster-Caskey is a very, very good player on his day. Played for England at youth level from U-17 to U-21. Struggled at time with us, admittedly, though when he came back from injury he had what, two or three goals in the run-in. Will end up being a very good signing at this level.
    Hope you're right, because in the majority of his performances that I saw, he was ineffective and anonymous. That said, the team as a whole were so bad that it's possibly unfair to single him out.
  • Options

the trouble in bringing in so many as MK dons players is that it could create a little clique.

I get the impression KR likes his favourites.

Although, to be fair, it would be somewhat unusual for a manager to hate his favourites.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Bradley P - Decent
    Fleetwood - Flop
    Holden - Who?
    Dorien Smith - Was he the tooting guy?
    Dickson - I liked him, always felt he could have offered more.
    Scott McGleish - Don't remember much about him (Was 5/6)
    Ruben Bover - Nice guy, not good enough for us at the time.
    Two more from further back:-

Gary Churchouse
    Lawrie Abrahams.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Dazzler21 said:

I see Peterborough have kept up their non league policy signing Ricky Miller and Danny Lloyd who both have had ridiculous seasons last year. I know a fair few signings from non league don't work out but why don't we go for any of these players? Usually fairly cheap ( Lloyd was on a free) and the player is desperate to prove himself. Seems a potential waste of finding a real gem.

Bradley Pritchard | Stuart Fleetwood | Luke Holden | Dorien Smith | Chris Dickson | Scott McGleish | Ruben Bover?
    Bradley P - Decent
    Fleetwood - Flop
    Holden - Who?

Gary Churchouse
    Lawrie Abrahams.
    Wasn't Sasa Ilic signed from non league.
  • Options

iaitch said:

Dazzler21 said:

Bradley P - Decent
    Fleetwood - Flop
    Holden - Who?

Gary Churchouse
    Lawrie Abrahams.
    Ross Worner
  • Options

iaitch said:

Dazzler21 said:

Bradley P - Decent
    Fleetwood - Flop
    Holden - Who?

Gary Churchouse
    Lawrie Abrahams.
    Ross Worner
    Who's now back there with Sutton.
  • Options
    Any Rumours!? (No Fleetwood Mac jokes either).
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Any Rumours!? (No Fleetwood Mac jokes either).

There have been some of late, simply rumours of our lot leaving (Tex, Pearce etc) and targets wanted by other teams (Reeves), plus also the Jay O'Shea rumour is back again.
  • Options
    Paul Williams was signed from Woodford
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tarbuck is angry that his 'private talks' with Ben reeves have been made public...
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Tarbuck is angry that his 'private talks' with Ben reeves have been made public...

Where's this from?
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Where's this from?
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24154/charlton-boss-disappointed-private-transfer-talks-revealed/
  • Options
    Promises to be an exciting time for transfers - we'll be linked with everyone and sign nobody.

Relegation Rog is probably negotiating a new contract?
  • Options
    Odd. He knows that stuff is always going to get out there.