Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa league final

Any suggestions of pubs to watch the game on Wednesday but must be easy for people to get to, living in Sidcup, Woolwich and Bromley. I'm stumped!

Help!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017
    O'Neills in Bromley is always excellent & popular, so get there early if you go.

This Wednesday is of course The Europa League Final, not Champions League Final, which is Saturday 3rd June 7.45pm (corrected).
  • Options
    What about The Portrait in Sidcup?
  • Options

O'Neills in Bromley is always excellent & popular, so get there early if you go.

This Wednesday is of course The Europa League Final, not Champions League.

Thanks! Ahem edited!

The person in Woolwich can't get to Bromley that easily which is why we want somewhere in the middle. Also the person in Bromley always gets everyone to him. At the moment O'Neill's blackheath is the favourite but not great.

Eltham would be great but pubs that show football are grim.
  • Options
    The Portrait in Sidcup should be showing it, but it's not a favourite of mine.
  • Options
    Urgh not the best pub and also not sure how Woolwich person gets to sidcup high street. No one driving.
  • Options
    Not that this helps but it is free to watch on BT Showcase if anyone is interested
  • Options

Not that this helps but it is free to watch on BT Showcase if anyone is interested

Does that mean all pubs can show it?
  • Options

This Wednesday is of course The Europa League Final, not Champions League Final, which is Saturday 3rd June 3pm.

7.45pm the Champions League Final
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Don't know, but it's a Freeview channel.

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-league-matches-S11364002870161
  • Options
    Bexleyheath pub ?

269 from Bromley.
  • Options

Bexleyheath pub ?

269 from Bromley.

Can you look into penge beckenham pubs please.
    Bus or train from Brom South bickley cheers CE
  • Options
    I don't venture into Palace territory.
  • Options
    You live in palace territory
  • Options

Don't know, but it's a Freeview channel.

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-to-air-uefa-champions-league-and-uefa-europa-league-matches-S11364002870161
    Not everyone can pick up that channel, only 75%. I can't so will be watching online

Having said that, as it's Mourinho's Man U, watching a blank screen may be more entertaining!
  • Options
    one of you needs to subscribe to BT sport & then you wouldn't have all these problems - or learn to drive.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

one of you needs to subscribe to BT sport & then you wouldn't have all these problems - or learn to drive.

Good idea. I'm sure they will be able start lessons and pass their driving test by Wednesday. Problem solved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    blackheath oneills? although check they have it on, as i know last season they didn't have champs league football
  • Options
    Plumstead Radical club
  • Options
    Am I right in thinking BT have agreed to show the final on "ordinary" TV ie they unscramble their BT channel on Sky and Freeview? Or are they just putting it on Youtube?
  • Options

Am I right in thinking BT have agreed to show the final on "ordinary" TV ie they unscramble their BT channel on Sky and Freeview? Or are they just putting it on Youtube?

Oops - just seen the above from Covered End!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Oops - just seen the above from Covered End!
    They've had a Freeview Channel all along where they've shown a few CL games, but it's incredibly poorly publicised, as presumably they're only doing it because UEFA expect it.
  • Options
    I'm at Butlins so going to have to watch it surrounded by families bowling as it's the only place with BT Sport here.
  • Options
    Unless they have that BT Showcase channel apparently!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
  • Options
    edited May 2017

2 of the 3 do subscribe but the point is they want to meet in the middle of them all in a pub as it's awkward for them all go get to one house with little atmosphere and no one has lager on draught in their kitchens.