Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Europa league final

124»

Comments

• Options
    Do the winners go straight into the group stage of the Champions League or just the qualifying rounds?
  • Options
    Group
  • Options
    Really impressed with Sanchez, proper defender
  • Options
    And De Ligt, can't believe he's 17!!!
  • Options

Can imagine a few Prem clubs asking about him. Seems suited to English football. Big, fast, strong
  • Options

He's had a really great game. Would love to see him in the premier league.
  • Options
    A 17 year old and 20 year old playing centre back is quite extraordinary at this level. Love the Ajax model.
  • Options
    De Ligt and Sanchez are the stars of this side, thought Dolberg would offer more though.
  • Options

The Dutch do love a bit of afternoon deligt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ajax very disappointing, shows how poor the Dutch league is. Reza and Van Wolkswinkel able to score 15+
  • Options
    Well done United, comfortable winners, although you have to say that Ajax were woeful.
  • Options
    Nevermind Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Reza bloody Ghoochannejhad!
  • Options
    Even the trophy ceremony was dull.
  • Options
    Have you lot been shown the pic of Zlatan getting a selfie in front of a certain banner?
  • Options

Have you lot been shown the pic of Zlatan getting a selfie in front of a certain banner?

Yep, lol
  • Options

The pair of them should have big futures, top performances given their ages.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    So Man United have qualified for the champions league and so far Liverpool have not . They've also won two trophies along the way..

Also does this mean Southampton are now in the Europa league next year?
  • Options
    No Southampton
    5 teams in CL means only 2 in EL, Arsenal and Everton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    agim said:

Mourinho wins big games. United will be a force next year. He's a quality manager, the amount of games they've played, few big injuries and awkward situations winning 2 cups will be a good season.

Well he did take a side that finished 5th, added Zlatan, Pogba, Bailly and Mhkitaryan..........and finished 6th!
    However ultimately he prioritised the Europa league so you can't knock him, he's done what he set out to do. They're tough to beat and should finish higher next season.
  • Options

agim said:

Mourinho wins big games. United will be a force next year. He's a quality manager, the amount of games they've played, few big injuries and awkward situations winning 2 cups will be a good season.

Well he did take a side that finished 5th, added Zlatan, Pogba, Bailly and Mhkitaryan..........and finished 6th!
    However ultimately he prioritised the Europa league so you can't knock him, he's done what he set out to do. They're tough to beat and should finish higher next season.
    Yeah they spent money but what top 6 team doesn't? I'm pretty sure City spent more and they had a very limp season.
    I'd say United have had a more successful season then spurs, city and Liverpool purely because of the two cups.
    If JM is being honest I doubt he'd have signed half the players he has in that United squad, plus playing 60 odd games he's done well.
  • Options
    It's Jose speak of course, but it's interesting how he claims that winning the Europa league is a better achievement than finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th

I wonder if other English teams in the EL will be thinking now that this a is a great opportunity to win a major trophy AND get automatic CL entry. It's a massive slog, but Everton's best chance of CL football is surely through this route rather than trying to get into the top 4?
  • Options

It's Jose speak of course, but it's interesting how he claims that winning the Europa league is a better achievement than finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th

I wonder if other English teams in the EL will be thinking now that this a is a great opportunity to win a major trophy AND get automatic CL entry. It's a massive slog, but Everton's best chance of CL football is surely through this route rather than trying to get into the top 4?

For a top six team it's a high risk strategy from the beginning of the season, but worth reviewing if the first half of the season is not going well.

Don't forget Man U, almost did not make the final in the last seconds of the semi.
  • Options
    For Everton it's a great idea to go for the Europa. They're almost certainly not going to finish top 4 so why not give the Europa a crack. Better to have a go and finish 10th than to finish in their usual 7th having gone out of it early.
  • Options
    the clubs who have been finishing 6-10th should also take the two domestic cups more seriously as that is a great route into the tournament too.
  • Options

I would rather we won the Europa League than came second in the Prem*

(*frankly I'd settle for second in L1 at this point of course!)
  • Options

Lewisham has to be the easiest place. Not sure about the pubs though

London bridge next easiest by public transport, loads of pubs there to watch it in

Rising Sun in Loampit Vale is a good bet for football. Spanner pub but friendly. Actually thinking about it likely to be the only place in Lewisham that would show football regularly. Apart from the Holly Tree which is a bit out of the way.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I think you could argue that it is bigger for United as it means they have now won every trophy they can win.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I would rather we won the Europa League than came second in the Prem*

(*frankly I'd settle for second in L1 at this point of course!)
    Agree although have not previously realised this was a set of options for us