Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Options

Coutinho just handed in an official transfer request. Proper mugged Klopp etc off. Really don't like that.

I always thought he would go, but Liverpool are saying the transfer request news is incorrect.
  • Options
    But Klopp says they are not a selling club.

If the price is right they'll sell.
  • Options
    Colombian forward Izquierdo from Club Bruges to Brighton for 18 m € ...
  • Options
    Can't really blame Coutinho.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

But Klopp says they are not a selling club.

If the price is right they'll sell.

In fairness pretty much every club in the world (except probably PSG now) are a selling club when Real and Barca are after one of your players.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    PSG are on the verge of signing Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe in a deal worth €180m, according to reports in La Gazzetta dello Sport.
  • Options
    FFP what a difference that has made.
  • Options
    Should be called FFFP, Fuck Financial Fair Play.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    iaitch said:

Should be called FFFP, Fuck Financial Fair Play.

Are you an author by trade?
  • Options

PSG are on the verge of signing Monaco striker Kylian Mbappe in a deal worth €180m, according to reports in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Neymar, Cavani, Verratti, M'Bappe (maybe), Matuidi, Di Maria, Draxler, Thiago Silva, Pastore, Rabiot, UNBELIEVABLE SQUAD.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dizzee said:

Neymar, Cavani, Verratti, M'Bappe (maybe), Matuidi, Di Maria, Draxler, Thiago Silva, Pastore, Rabiot, UNBELIEVABLE SQUAD.
    Absolutely obscene that they can afford that too. Kind of thing that makes me want some sort of cap system to be brought in as well as FFP.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Depressing that they're all happy to play in such a weak league
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Coutinho just handed in an official transfer request. Proper mugged Klopp etc off. Really don't like that.

They have him under contract until 2022. This is one case Liverpool holds all the cards. If I were them I would tell Coutinho's agent to f-off. There is NOTHING they or Barcelona can do about it.

• Options

They have him under contract until 2022. This is one case Liverpool holds all the cards. If I were them I would tell Coutinho's agent to f-off. There is NOTHING they or Barcelona can do about it.

if only that was true. Players hold all the cards these days, they want a move they will get a move.
  • Options
    If Coutinho got a long term injury and LIverpool said we wont pay you as you're injured the player and agent would no doubt point to the contract.

Players want it all ways, long term contract that they can walk away from when a better offer appears.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Don't forget Marquinhos, Lucas Moura and Dani Alves as well.

Surely a couple of those will have to be sold at some point. Still intrigued to see how they're going to get round FFP or whether it'll become a farce.

Also from what i saw of him last season Mbappe seemed to play mainly on the left side of attack, the same position as Neymar, so the youngster is going to have to adjust.
  • Options

That never stopped Liverpool buying all those players from Southampton
  • Options

Hate to say but you must have been living under a rock for the last 10-years or so. A Contract length means nothing these days, all it does is give a player a pay rise until they either want another or want to leave!!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40937324

WBA sign Gareth Barry. 771 games and counting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40848343

Sigurdsson goes to Everton, £45m

Silly money, but an excellent player
  • Options

Silly money yes but in this market a bargain. Same goes for Andre Grey for an initial £11m. I'd expect him to go for upwards of £30m. With the money flying around those kinds of amounts are literally worthless to most prem clubs, it's just the going rate.
  • Options

Silly money yes but in this market a bargain. Same goes for Andre Grey for an initial £11m. I'd expect him to go for upwards of £30m. With the money flying around those kinds of amounts are literally worthless to most prem clubs, it's just the going rate.
    not so sure on Gray. I like him and he has potential, but he has only scored 10 in 40 odd in the Prem.

Plus, he rejected a new deal and was entering his last year, so was always going to go for less than market value.
  • Options

not so sure on Gray. I like him and he has potential, but he has only scored 10 in 40 odd in the Prem.

Plus, he rejected a new deal and was entering his last year, so was always going to go for less than market value.
    See what you're saying and do agree but when you've got Assombalonga going for £15m having never played a prem game it's still a good deal in my opinion. In a better team Gray has the potential to get 16+ in the prem in my opinion.
  • Options

See what you're saying and do agree but when you've got Assombalonga going for £15m having never played a prem game it's still a good deal in my opinion. In a better team Gray has the potential to get 16+ in the prem in my opinion.
    Gray's season was also disrupted by the ban for that tweet which didn't help

The other thing with strikers, is that if you play in an attacking team, you'll get more chances. Bournemouth and WBA finished with a similar number of points, but WBA are far more defensive and rely on set pieces, so any striker there will get fewer chances than at Bournemouth
  • Options

true enough, you're not wrong. Shows silly football has become when Gray is a bargain and Assombalonga is a 15mil striker. Because neither should go for anything like that.

Assombalonga was only slightly cheaper than when we sold Bent who was a proven Prem goalscorer.
  • Options

true enough, you're not wrong. Shows silly football has become when Gray is a bargain and Assombalonga is a 15mil striker. Because neither should go for anything like that.

Assombalonga was only slightly cheaper than when we sold Bent who was a proven Prem goalscorer.
    I wonder what Bent would have cost us if we were in the Prem and signed him from Ipswich now.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Depressing that they're all happy to play in such a weak league
    You mean the league that has Monaco who destroyed Man City and Tottenham.

Do you really believe Bournemouth, Palace, Huddersfield, West Brom, Brighton, are any better than the mid table of the French league? Physically stronger maybe, but technically inferior. You've been brainwashed by the EPL propaganda.
  • Options
    Matuidi to Juventus for £18m.