Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Rumours (Non-Charlton Related) - Deadline Day from page 22

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I've seen that it's more like £13.5m but have a feeling that could just be a poor currency estimate. Either way something seems genuinely off about it to me. Even with a year left on his contract that's a ludicrously low fee. PSG probably have FFP issues to deal with so may have knocked a bit off but even still I have a feeling they've got some other kind of deal in place.
  • Options

Matuidi to Juventus for £18m.

Bargain compared to some of the fees this summer.
    True but he's 30 and only had 1 year left on his contract so the fee was never going to be that high. Still at that price, i can't believe the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and City etc weren't in for him
  • Options
    They are the masters at getting cheap deals and selling expensive (except Higuain but only because Napoli are even better at it).
  • Options

I've seen that it's more like £13.5m but have a feeling that could just be a poor currency estimate. Either way something seems genuinely off about it to me. Even with a year left on his contract that's a ludicrously low fee. PSG probably have FFP issues to deal with so may have knocked a bit off but even still I have a feeling they've got some other kind of deal in place.

Or the owners are so minted that they don't really care what fee Juve pay.
  • Options

Or the owners are so minted that they don't really care what fee Juve pay.
    I was thinking that, team like PSG are the best team to buy from.
  • Options
    Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

How much would Matuidi have cost had an English team wanted him though and not Juventus?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

How much would Matuidi have cost had an English team wanted him though and not Juventus?
    A lot more.

But when we started paying silly money because a player was English we showed our hand.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

A lot more.

But when we started paying silly money because a player was English we showed our hand.
    I wouldnt even say it was to do with just English players now, its simply the SKY money that the rest of Europe are easily aware of.

i.e. Drinkwater = £40m | Sigurdsson = £45m

Both are completely different types of Midfielder and both are very good in their respective positions which mean the £5m is probably justified yet should surely be no more than £10m / £15m in reality
  • Options
    In very weird transfer news today; West Brom have turned down an £18m offer from Man City for Jonny Evans.

Of all the CBs out there he's one of the last that you'd expect to be linked to City... I know that Evans has won titles with Man Utd but for City to have a pairing of Stones | Evans and title asperations seem crazy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Valley11 said:

Watford are splashing the cash! £18m on Gray, £11m on that Brazilian forward, £8m on Will Hughes another £8m on Cleverly and £6m on Chalobah.

Mad when you think our record signing is still Jason Euell at £4.75m

Absolutely mental money for a group of extremely average players none of which I could see being better than lower PL/ upper Championship.
    Even more mental that Millwall's is £2.50. Can't even get a pint for that these days
    dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Where has drinkwater gone?
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Watford are splashing the cash! £18m on Gray, £11m on that Brazilian forward, £8m on Will Hughes another £8m on Cleverly and £6m on Chalobah.

Mad when you think our record signing is still Jason Euell at £4.75m

Absolutely mental money for a group of extremely average players none of which I could see being better than lower PL/ upper Championship.
    Even more mental that Millwall's is £2.50. Can't even get a pint for that these days
    dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Where has drinkwater gone?
    Nowhere yet - but there is talk of Chelsea.
  • Options

£18mill for Evans, what the actual f. How how how. They have rejected it too, how much do they value him at? £20mill+ I presume.

Go home football, you're drunk

Came here to say similar. For anyone that hasn't seen...

Man City have had an £18m bid for Jonny Evans rejected by WBA.

The one who was average at Man U for 9 years.
  • Options
    Just seen it was posted further up!!! Thought it was breaking news. Oh dear, been a long day. Thanks Colin etc.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Good point. It's the only reason Roland didn't sign him.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

On the face of it, it's absurd but:

Matuidi - foreign, 30 years old, 1 year left on contract, never played in the premier league.
    Drinkwater - english, 27, 4 years left on contract, premier league experience

I'm not for 1 second saying he's worth 40m (i'd say 20-25m at most) but it's not hard to work out why he'd cost more than Matuidi. If Matuidi was 27 with 4 years left, he'd have cost 40m+ easily.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Matuidi - foreign, 30 years old, 1 year left on contract, never played in the premier league.

I'm not for 1 second saying he's worth 40m (i'd say 20-25m at most) but it's not hard to work out why he'd cost more than Matuidi. If Matuidi was 27 with 4 years left, he'd have cost 40m+ easily.
    I would still rather sign Matuidi at 3 years older.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Agreed, by a distance.
  • Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Yeah i would too, but Chelsea desperately need English players. They've got rid of Terry, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah and Solanke from last seasons squad and as far as i can tell they only have Cahill who's english plus Moses and Fabregas who qualify for the homegrown player ruling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Yeah i would too, but Chelsea desperately need English players. They've got rid of Terry, Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah and Solanke from last seasons squad and as far as i can tell they only have Cahill who's english plus Moses and Fabregas who qualify for the homegrown player ruling.
    Yeah was about to say the same. My mate tells me they have all the 17 'foreign' players in the squad now. So they might have to get rid of Costa and/or Remy before they add any anyone other than home grown players.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Good point. It's the only reason Roland didn't sign him.
    Funny you should say that but werent we linked with him during the Curbishley days when he was at Troyes or St. Etienne?

Yup another one we missed out on back then...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11684/2365343/matuidi-claims-addicks-interest
  • Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

Yeah was about to say the same. My mate tells me they have all the 17 'foreign' players in the squad now. So they might have to get rid of Costa and/or Remy before they add any anyone other than home grown players.
    A bit careless to loan Loftus-Cheek out and sell Chalobah then! The home grown rule certainly puts a premium on domestic players

• Options

dizzee said:

Matuidi £18m.

Danny Drinkwater £40m...

Hmmmmmm......

A bit careless to loan Loftus-Cheek out and sell Chalobah then! The home grown rule certainly puts a premium on domestic players

absolutely. They still have non home grown players out on loan too who would be good enough to play for a lot of Prem teams.
  • Options
    Cauley Woodrow: Bristol City sign Fulham striker on loan
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Milan sign Kalinic.

Belotti would've been better but cost too much.

Great signing still and hope they give juventus a good challenge at the top this season.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Milan sign Kalinic.

Belotti would've been better but cost too much.

Great signing still and hope they give juventus a good challenge at the top this season.

Is he a great signing though? Don't know much about him to be fair but never seen to play well when I have seen him, and that's in Italy and not just in a Blackburn shirt.
  • Options
    We understand Arsenal have allowed Carl Jenkinson and Cohen Brammall to join Birmingham City on season-long loan deals.

Jenkinson, 25, who has one England cap, suffered a cruciate knee injury while on loan at West Ham two seasons ago and has not played for the Gunners since.

Bramall, 21, joined Arsenal from non-league Hednesford last January and featured in the club’s pre-season tour of Australia.

Sky Sports.