Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options
    Pakistan's 2 wins were chasing down 236 today, and 219 vs SA (which they won through D/L)

If England get 300+, then I really can't see Pakistan having the hitters to score at 6 an over
  • Options
    Now here's a bizarre situation. The Times reports that there will be thousands of empty seats for England's semi - even though it is a sell out!

This is due to Indian supporters buying tickets for both semis and it is estimated that this accounts for 38% of the tickets sold for Cardiff.

• Options
    CAn they not sell them on at face value?
  • Options

CAn they not sell them on at face value?

They can and there is an exchange scheme but it is run by the ICC and not the ground.

There were also about 3,000 empty seats at Cardiff for England v New Zealand even though that was a sell out too though the Glamorgan executive are putting that down to the bad weather!
  • Options

Now here's a bizarre situation. The Times reports that there will be thousands of empty seats for England's semi - even though it is a sell out!

This is due to Indian supporters buying tickets for both semis and it is estimated that this accounts for 38% of the tickets sold for Cardiff.

Imagine what the final is going to be like. Like the last Champions Trophy final here, the vast majority were Indian.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My dad was Italian - my mother English. He came over here to live when he married her in 1963. He bought advance tickets in 1966 to follow Italy all the way to the final. History tells us they got beaten 2-0 by North Korea! He didn't sell them though but cheered on England to victory at Wembley. Maybe a few Indians will cheer on England!
  • Options

My dad was Italian - my mother English. He came over here to live when he married her in 1963. He bought advance tickets in 1966 to follow Italy all the way to the final. History tells us they got beaten 2-0 by North Korea! He didn't sell them though but cheered on England to victory at Wembley. Maybe a few Indians will cheer on England!

they will certainly be cheering England on in the semi
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Roy surely sealed his fate with the manner of his wicket against Australia, the way he didn't seem to know what to do, and then reviewed without consulting Hales

He needs a break out of the England team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is India lose their semi, I imagine there will be chaos at the ticket centre

It's not helped by their ticketing system not allowing printing at home
  • Options

Then again, they would probably prefer to face Pakistan and beat them in the final!
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40253477

Questions have been raised about the poor crowds at Cardiff in comparison to Edgbaston and the Oval. I thought the attendance yesterday was very disappointing
  • Options
    but they have pretty much been sold.
    They cannot stop them from not turning up once sold
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

but they have pretty much been sold.
    They cannot stop them from not turning up once sold

2 of the group games at Cardiff were pretty empty
  • Options
    Pakistan won the toss & England bat first.

Bairstow in for Roy & Amir out injured for Pakistan with a back spasm.

Surely England have to win ?
  • Options
    Bairstow survives an LBW review by a whisker!
  • Options
    Wow. That was close. Surprised it wasn't given out on field actually
  • Options

Very fortunate, he should have been given out by Erasmus.
  • Options

Very fortunate, he should have been given out by Erasmus.
    If that had been Roy, it probably would have been given!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hales was given out lbw & on review over turned, as it pitched outside leg.

Oh how I laughed :smiley:
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Hales out 13

34-1
  • Options
    Now been dropped . Could be his lucky day
  • Options
    Bairstow dropped, it wasn't easy mind.

Surely he's a good bet for a 100, with this luck ?

52-1 10 overs.
  • Options
    A bit harsh to call that a drop
  • Options
    Agreed - the pace and height meant that nobody was catching that!
  • Options
    Bairstow dropped again, that's 3 lives so far.
  • Options
    Christ, Bairstow needs to go buy himself a lottery ticket!
  • Options
    Bairstow dropped again...

Jason Roy in the changing room
  • Options
    Bairstow out.