Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options
    If England lose to Bangladesh in the final...
  • Options
    England reach the final and lose shock..............not.
  • Options

one heck of a collapse, and it seems most of the teams have really tailed off after being 100-2 in this tournament.

Except England who do it the other way around !
    very true! Just surprised that this tournament seems to have gone against modern day cricket where we have seen teams accelerate after 30 overs. Credit to the bowlers I guess, and rain might have affected this too.
  • Options
    Its SL v PAK today with the winners almost certainly playing England in semis.
  • Options

Its SL v PAK today with the winners almost certainly playing England in semis.

May the worst team win!
  • Options
    Weather looks set fair for both Birmingham and Cardiff for the semis and also The Oval for the Final, which is fantastic news.
  • Options
    You can still get 16/1 on SL to win the CT which is very good value in my books.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think we need to focus on the semi finals before looking at how the final will go.
  • Options
    Pakistan should be kicked out of the tournament

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40246754
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    decent game now. Looked like Pakistan were cruising but wobbling now at 123-4.
  • Options
    Malinga looks so unfit, barely reaching 80mph.
  • Options

Malinga looks so unfit, barely reaching 80mph.

and now a wicket :) But you were spot on, didn't see that coming, was poor from batsman rather than Malinga brilliance. He is not the same bowler as he was a few years ago at all
  • Options
    Pak thrown this away here, Sri Lanka's to lose now.

Not seen anything to trouble ENG in the semi.
  • Options

Last time I looked at the score Pakistan were cruising it at 80-1 after 15 overs - now looks as if they have blown it. Was the main reason why I wanted them to win & England to meet them in the semi's as I knew they can crumble & also can be sloppy in the field.
  • Options

Last time I looked at the score Pakistan were cruising it at 80-1 after 15 overs - now looks as if they have blown it. Was the main reason why I wanted them to win & England to meet them in the semi's as I knew they can crumble & also can be sloppy in the field.
    Pakistan don't have much depth in their batting. Most teams have players at 5-9 who can smash the ball around
  • Options
    Pak require 74 from 117 balls, SL need 3 more wickets
  • Options
    Anything's possible with Pakistan but not sure why you think they've blown it, i think they'll just about have enough to scrape home
  • Options
    A couple of shocking drops in the field by Sri Lanka. You'd think Pakistan were fielding!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If they carry on like they are now they will probably sneak the win.

The top order came out swinging thinking the total needed was too small and they could knock if off in 30 overs, pretty much all of them gave their wickets away.

The asking rate has never been more than 4 so sensible batting was all that was required.
  • Options
    That drop from Perera was shocking. So so bad.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I hope they
    You could make the similar case against Bangladesh as over there aetheist bloggers regularly get hacked to death with the attackers rarely facing punishment. India's caste based violence is shocking too with victims having little prospect of redress from the courts. Then there's Sri Lanka which has people accused of war crimes running the country. I'm not sure where you would draw the line with that particular can of worms and our own society is hardly whiter than white itself.
  • Options
    Pakistan win by 3 wkts.

SL gave that away with dropped catches.
  • Options
    I'd sooner face Pakistan. We are decent in the field for starters
  • Options
    I'm predicting an India v Pakistan final.

England always lose in the semi's and/or to Pakistan
  • Options

I'm predicting an India v Pakistan final.

England always lose in the semi's and/or to Pakistan

No way. Even with our 10 players and sub fielder Roy we will win. I actually have faith for once.
  • Options
    It would be amazing if England didn't beat Pakistan. England are a far better team.
    Ditto, India and Bangladesh.
  • Options

It would be amazing if England didn't beat Pakistan. England are a far better team.

weren't we 20 for 6 against the South African's 2 weeks ago, who didn't get out of their group.
  • Options

weren't we 20 for 6 against the South African's 2 weeks ago, who didn't get out of their group.
    Yes, batting first at Lords, 10.30 start and having won the series already.

Mind you anything's possible. But I feel we are better in all departments, so logically should win.