Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options
    Ricky Ponting. Christ, you can detect the glee in his voice, cant you? lol.
  • Options
    Still think a Pakistan collapse is likely, couple of early wickets and we've got a chance.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ricky Ponting. Christ, you can detect the glee in his voice, cant you? lol.

Hate that we have some many Australians on our TV commentary. Him and Warne are simply awful!
  • Options
    Stokes' innings is, unsurprisingly, the most balls ever faced in the Champions Trophy without a boundary
  • Options
    206-9 Plunkett out

7 balls left
  • Options
    Letting the country down again.
  • Options
    Pakistan have bowled well but our decision making and shot selection at times has been shocking.

Only positive thing we can say us that Pakistan have yet to bat!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Still think a Pakistan collapse is likely, couple of early wickets and we've got a chance.

Whilst I think the opposite. They're win at a canter with only 3 or 4 wickets down

typical England in a semi-final........
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Whilst I think the opposite. They're win at a canter with only 3 or 4 wickets down

I guess we will see , I'm more holding onto the fact we are playing the only team in the world who are more notorious chokers than ourselves
  • Options
    Pakistan's batting has been incredibly suspect. With the pitch as it is if we bowl well we are still in with a reasonable chance. They will start slowly as the total is not that threatening and they will want to preserve wickets. If we can get the run rate to rise and put some pressure on them we will win.

Early wickets key.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    211 All Out
  • Options

Pakistan's batting has been incredibly suspect. With the pitch as it is if we bowl well we are still in with a reasonable chance. They will start slowly as the total is not that threatening and they will want to preserve wickets. If we can get the run rate to rise and put some pressure on them we will win.

Early wickets key.

I think we'll have to bowl them out to win, I can't see the total being big enough for the run rate to cause pressure
  • Options

Chizz said:

(Wish you could bookmark posts)

Who do you want to win Chizz ?
    England!

Due to my inability to post quick enough, it looks like my comment was referring to yours. It wasn't.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Laddick01 said:

I guess we will see , I'm more holding onto the fact we are playing the only team in the world who are more notorious chokers than ourselves
    *coughsouthafricacough*
  • Options

Early wickets key.

I think we'll have to bowl them out to win, I can't see the total being big enough for the run rate to cause pressure
    I agree we will have to bowl them out. I was suggesting that early wickets could cause then to slow right down to the point where the run rate causes them to have to have a little go causing more wickets to fall. Maybe I'm being too hopeful
  • Options
    Is England's bowling attack better than Pakistan's?

I think England's batting is stronger, which would suggest we have less to do than the Pakistan attack. But are our bowlers better, worse or about the same as Pakistan's?
  • Options
    Strong start, Pakistan really struggling to get anything away ...
  • Options

This attitude from English sports fans is why we can never have nice things
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Strong start, Pakistan really struggling to get anything away ...

More 6s in their first over than we got all innings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a time for the England team of 2-3 years ago to return!
  • Options
    It's possible that I've called this wrong and Golfie is right. 23-0 3.3 overs.
  • Options
    Come on wood, chuck a bouncer
  • Options
    Well that didn't work
  • Options
    Unreal how bad our luck is right now, everything in the air is safe for Pakistan
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I don't know. We seem to do alright in most sports.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Gee another bloke you've pissed off. Congratulations you jerk.
  • Options

Leuth said:

I don't know. We seem to do alright in most sports.
    But as soon as we don't our sportspeople are 'letting their country down' as if they're Kim sodding Philby. This is pure Sun-reading colonialist hogwash obviously
  • Options
    Andy Murray let his country down at Roland Garros, and we need him to realise this! And as for John Stones, he should be bloody well hung!
  • Options

It's possible that I've called this wrong and Golfie is right. 23-0 3.3 overs.

I don't like to say so, but............

We needed to get early wickets, but none down after 12 overs, scoring freely & they don't look in trouble at all.

I sadly have to go out now to see a couple of clients - by the time I'm home it will all be over (literally)

Still, gives me a free sunday afternoon.