Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket - World Champions Trophy 2017

Comments

• Options

stokes letting us down yet again in short over cricket

You miss a smiley? Or are you just confused? He's been our best player with the bat and not far off with the ball throughout this tournament.
    I don't often do smileys but yeah it was a joke referencing his last over against the West Indies
  • Options

stokes letting us down yet again in short over cricket

You miss a smiley? Or are you just confused? He's been our best player with the bat and not far off with the ball throughout this tournament.
    I don't often do smileys but yeah it was a joke referencing his last over against the West Indies
    Haha good! I hoped So!
  • Options
    a lot of commentators have suggested the pitch was a problem for us today which brings back to what I said on the first page of this thread. we shouldn't be playing at Cardiff. not only are the crowds (not including todays crowd. I only heard on radio today so I hope it was a sell out) are next to county level of support but the welsh have also provided a pitch that suites Pakistan. similar to the one they had in the UAE.

now I know that the ICC have overall say on which wicket we play on but I've heard that at the Oval the final will be played on a new wicket. why not the same for the semis?

this btw is not trying to give an excuse to the English team but a lot of commentators have used it as a sort of an excuse.
  • Options
    Are we all Bangladesh fans now?

• Options

a lot of commentators have suggested the pitch was a problem for us today which brings back to what I said on the first page of this thread. we shouldn't be playing at Cardiff. not only are the crowds (not including todays crowd. I only heard on radio today so I hope it was a sell out) are next to county level of support but the welsh have also provided a pitch that suites Pakistan. similar to the one they had in the UAE.

now I know that the ICC have overall say on which wicket we play on but I've heard that at the Oval the final will be played on a new wicket. why not the same for the semis?

this btw is not trying to give an excuse to the English team but a lot of commentators have used it as a sort of an excuse.

The ICC handle pitch preparation for Champions Trophy matches. It's fair for every team.
  • Options

Pak thrown this away here, Sri Lanka's to lose now.

Not seen anything to trouble ENG in the semi.

Last time I looked at the score Pakistan were cruising it at 80-1 after 15 overs - now looks as if they have blown it. Was the main reason why I wanted them to win & England to meet them in the semi's as I knew they can crumble & also can be sloppy in the field.
    Pakistan don't have much depth in their batting. Most teams have players at 5-9 who can smash the ball around
    They didn't need to bat deep !! Even I was being too optimistic in my post there, although I did call it right earlier today.
  • Options

Pak thrown this away here, Sri Lanka's to lose now.

Not seen anything to trouble ENG in the semi.

Last time I looked at the score Pakistan were cruising it at 80-1 after 15 overs - now looks as if they have blown it. Was the main reason why I wanted them to win & England to meet them in the semi's as I knew they can crumble & also can be sloppy in the field.
    Pakistan don't have much depth in their batting. Most teams have players at 5-9 who can smash the ball around
    They didn't need to bat deep !! Even I was being too optimistic in my post there, although I did call it right earlier today.
    England's seam bowling didn't help matters (other than Wood) as they were too aggressive, and too funky, but the batting total was so low, their brittle batting was never put under prressure
  • Options
    Gutted. We played sh1t.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

The ICC handle pitch preparation for Champions Trophy matches. It's fair for every team.
    What are we doing playing at 'home' in a foreign country.?
    eff the Welsh.
  • Options
    Bangladesh 264-7

India 87-1 15 overs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quite frankly who cares?
  • Options
    172-1 now from 26, India cruising towards the final
  • Options

Chizz said:

What are we doing playing at 'home' in a foreign country.?
    eff the Welsh.
    It's the England and Wales cricket board :wink:
  • Options
    India won by 9 wkts.
  • Options
    Final today.
    Pak going well 183 -1 off 30
    Fakhar 100 no
  • Options
    He's a clever Fakhar!
  • Options
    Not bad for a guy who only made his ODI debut in this tournament!!
  • Options
    He's gone. Brilliant innings though. Pak are 200-2 now.
  • Options
    Fakhar had been a massive find for Pakistan, as their batting has been lacking something in white ball cricket. No doubt someone from Surrey will be waving dollars at him as he walked off the field today!
  • Options
    Decent total set by Pakistan. 338-4.

India need 339 to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this could be close.
  • Options
    Kohli dropped....

Then out the next ball!

India 6-2
  • Options
    33-3!

Saw a stat on BBC live text that India's top three scored 850 in the tournament and the rest scored 200 in total.

All top three are out for 33.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Not out given on LBW shout, overturned on appeal.

54-4. Yuvraj gone for 22.
  • Options
    54-5. Dhoni gone for 4.
  • Options
    Fair play to Pakistan, got better and better as the tournament went on
  • Options

I think this could be close.

I think I'll retire from predicting.
  • Options
    Cmon Pakistan - lets stuff the nation who think they own cricket- in actual fact lets thrash them.
  • Options
    72-6