Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thunder lightning & heavy rain

Comments

• Options
    Lots of lightening down here on the Sussex coast late last night and early this morning but not much thunder or rain. Some of the lightening was quite spectacular. Walking the dog about 8pm last night, looking out to sea you could see the lightening slowly coming in towards shore. It was great to watch.
    Had to leg it into the FILO at around 10.30 to order a cab up the road, lashed it down for around an hour or so.
  • Options
    Been dry here in Dereham (Norfolk) all summer despite forecasts of heavy rain and storms.
    My garden is very dry, so dry that I could swear I saw a couple of dromedary's strolling across my garden this morning.
    On the other hand, maybe its some of that medication I've been taking lately.     
  • Options
    Been dry here in Dereham (Norfolk) all summer despite forecasts of heavy rain and storms.
    My garden is very dry, so dry that I could swear I saw a couple of dromedary's strolling across my garden this morning.

Hope you are keeping well John
  • Options
    Had cause to dig a hole in my garden yesterday and I couldn’t believe just how dry the ground was. I dug to a depth of about 16 inches and it was bone dry. West Yorkshire 
  • Options
    very tropical in N E Lincs today .. torrential downpours followed by HOT sunshine .. global warming could make Skegness the English Honolulu 
  • Options
    very tropical in N E Lincs today .. torrential downpours followed by HOT sunshine .. global warming could make Skegness the English Honolulu 
    Unfortunately for Skeggy, climate change isn’t just about places all getting warmer. 
  • Options
    PM me if you’ve got any left over! 😵‍💫

• Options
    Not had any rain down near Sleaford, but really muggy,clouds building now so might kick off. 
    Only problem if it does is I'm doing a radio show at 7.30 and even the lightest rain sounds like someone's got a hammer on the roof. 
    As for Stegvagus becoming Honolulu......

• Options
    Torrential rain currently in Stoke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not had any rain down near Sleaford, but really muggy,clouds building now so might kick off. 
    Only problem if it does is I'm doing a radio show at 7.30 and even the lightest rain sounds like someone's got a hammer on the roof. 
    As for Stegvagus becoming Honolulu......

good luck with the show .. have you thought of soundproofing the ceiling ? .. too expensive I'd guess
  • Options
    It's a new extension we've had done, it's insulation is so thick,but for heat loss, not rain noise...60s show tonight.
  • Options
    It's a new extension we've had done, it's insulation is so thick,but for heat loss, not rain noise...60s show tonight.
    DAB/FM ? .. where are you on 'the dial' ?
  • Options
    Internet radio, Google HLR Radio and you will get the links,if you listen in,don't expect a radio 2 class presenter but got some cracking tunes lined up tonight. 
  • Options
    Internet radio, Google HLR Radio and you will get the links,if you listen in,don't expect a radio 2 class presenter but got some cracking tunes lined up tonight. 
    What sort of tunes?
    Can you give a shout out to the Charlton massive. Just to confuse the local listeners😀
  • Options
    Just seen a cloud over Chelsfield. 
    This is not what I pay my rates for. 
  • Options
    I Don't want to take over a thread about weather...but as you asked..I'll pop a pic up.
    People listen in from all over the UK...and other parts..
  • Options
    I'll have a listen
  • Options
    ^^^^^ Nice mixture 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers mate 
  • Options
    Some good tunes in there but no rap, hip hop or R&B so I’m out.
  • Options
    Always end the show with...Live,Love,Laugh and Be Happy 😊
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I was in Ireland last week and our place there had been struck by lightning. It looks like it hit an old phone line and jumped into a light switch. Scorch marks all along where the phone line ran and the light switch blown off the wall. Scorch marks around the switch as well.
    I guess we were really lucky there wasn’t a fire. Got an electrician coming down to check it out this weekend.
  • Options
    Some good tunes in there but no rap, hip hop or R&B so I’m out.
    D Warwick, Isley Bros, Wicked Pickett, J Jones ? .. no rap though, thank feck
  • Options
    gotcha .. there's 2 HLRs one in Denmark but I'll take a wild guess that you're the Heckington broadcaster .. 'The Move' on a t m 
  • Options
    gotcha .. there's 2 HLRs one in Denmark but I'll take a wild guess that you're the Heckington broadcaster .. 'The Move' on a t m 
    Right guess mate..catch ya at 7.30 
  • Options
    Internet radio, Google HLR Radio and you will get the links,
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED .. more tunes per minute than the Beeb or even my beloved driving companion,  'Planet Rock' .. thanks for the heads up ((:>)
  • Options
    Looking forward to a bit of Bernard Cribbins
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Addickted said:
    Looking forward to a bit of Bernard Cribbins
    there was I diggin this ole !! .. got to be that one or Right Said Fred .. the inspiration for the eponymous band of baldies lol
    EDIT .. it's neither .. be a 1st for me  :)