Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    Just received a load of letters through the post addressed to G Brady. Not sure whether to redirect or throw them in the bin!
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Chaz Hill said:

Ken Clarke on Twitter:

“I’ve been sat up in bed for hours, whisky on the bedside table, soft jazz playing in the background, trying to think if I’ve worked with a more idiotic bunch of self centred bastards in my nearly 50 years as a MP.

Nope, still can’t think of any. Time for another bottle.”

Says it all really.

It's a spoof account.

Interesting! It was pretty much in line with what I saw him say on BBC2 and C4 yesterday.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Leuth said:

Quote: The UK government has inflicted “great misery” on its people with “punitive, mean-spirited, and often callous” austerity policies driven by a political desire to undertake social re-engineering rather than economic necessity, the United Nations poverty envoy has found.

Philip Alston, the UN’s rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, ended a two-week fact-finding mission to the UK with a stinging declaration that despite being the world’s fifth largest economy, levels of child poverty are “not just a disgrace, but a social calamity and an economic disaster”.

And there's a lot more like that...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/16/uk-austerity-has-inflicted-great-misery-on-citizens-un-says

But what else do you expect from a party where "must be a sociopath" is part of the job description for MPs?

They're simply driving the feckless to suicide, preferably in a ditch where hard-working proper folk can't see them. Waste disposal program par excellence! Bravo Tories
    Your name is Laura and you work for the BBC.

Speaking of which august institution, the UN rapporteur report doesn't seem to have made it onto their News website yet. Funny, that. All eyes on the Tory wankfest.
  • Options
    The whole political landscape is exploding, I think there’s about 6 MP’s I’d trust to run more than a bath. We’re all fecked. The Tories can do one, except only labour will replace them and they’ll be as bad so they can do one also.

I live in hope that the sensible from across parties get together and form something new, but don’t see that happening anytime soon, so it’s all down to @bobmunro
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

The whole political landscape is exploding, I think there’s about 6 MP’s I’d trust to run more than a bath. We’re all fecked. The Tories can do one, except only labour will replace them and they’ll be as bad so they can do one also.

I live in hope that the sensible from across parties get together and form something new, but don’t see that happening anytime soon, so it’s all down to @bobmunro

You're def Chancellor if he gets in mate

I'm his PR guy until I get unceremoniously sacked after it comes to light I sent a series of emails to Katrien over her running of the club from Jan 2016 - June 2016, that the tabloid press brand the behaviour of a stalker. Bob can no longer have me as the face of his campaign and regrettably has to let me go. In a further twist he appoints ibborg at the same time as ibborg gets made mod. Down an out I apply to not 606 and see out my days bragging of my 13k lols to 5 other blokes on an internet forum
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I'm biding my time.
  • Options
    It gets lost in all the Brexit chaos but...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/23/revealed-companies-running-inadequate-uk-care-homes-make-113m-profit

...many other things are being fucked up. Clearly the money that could be used for recruiting more staff and having better standards in place is written down as profit.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Just in case anybody forgot that they are the party of economic competence.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/nov/29/tory-run-northamptonshire-county-council-bailed-out-by-government
  • Options
    So who is going to replace May then?

I noticed Johnson’s intervention yesterday in the Withdrawal debate didn’t go too well. Gove has been doing his best snake oil salesman impression and will have the Murdoch papers backing. Depends if they still want a Brexiteer.

Hard to say really. They are all pretty sh**.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:

I noticed Johnson’s intervention yesterday in the Withdrawal debate didn’t go too well. Gove has been doing his best snake oil salesman impression and will have the Murdoch papers backing. Depends if they still want a Brexiteer.

If the Tories lose a vote of no confidence which is looking at least possible then they might not have a say in who’s PM

• Options

Chaz Hill said:

If the Tories lose a vote of no confidence which is looking at least possible then they might not have a say in who’s PM

They will still be looking for a new leader though. With a bit of luck they will split and destroy themselves.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    I think he will be heading up a new party based on 'his' UKIP. It will be a natural home for any number of Hard Brexit/ERG Tories if they have the guts to split. Said it before and I will say it again. "Breaks my heart to see the Tories tearing themselves apart".
  • Options
    They do that. Theresa May is a good bloke kind of thing, steadfastetc. She chose to call that election salivating for long term power at a time she thought she (strong and stable) could give Corbyn (coalition of chaos) a kicking.
    Tories are like that, a crust often hiding princes and princesses of darkness, look at Jeremy Hunt for example, as for that Attorney General the other day doing Donald Sindens farewell performance, do me a favour. Evil Tories outnumber OK ones by about ten to one in my view.
  • Options
    A “dream ticket” of Sajid Javid and Andrea Leadsom being mentioned in the Scum as a possibility of taking over from May. 🤪🤪🤪

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Chaz Hill said:

A “dream ticket” of Sajid Javid and Andrea Leadsom being mentioned in the Scum as a possibility of taking over from May. 🤪🤪🤪

Not a good dream - possibly even a nightmare!
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

A joint Prime Ministership?
    It's bad enough having one Tory in charge.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    As expected papers today full of 'leading' tories more interested in jockeying for leadership than sorting out Brexit clusterf**k.

FFS Liz Truss now fancying her chances I see. How do these deluded idiots get anywhere near running the country?
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    It gets worse. Esther McFester fancying her chances now!

I thought Andrew Marr pulled Johnson apart pretty well yday. He certainly didn't look too happy as the programme faded out.

Any of our Conservative minded contributors got any preferences for their next leader?
  • Options
    It amazes me how she actually may believe she has a chance!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I thought Marr should have pressed Boris the Vile on his detailed solution to the Irish border if there is no backstop or trade agreement.
    I liked it that Marr reminded Boris the Vile that he had plunged British citizen Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe deeper into her Iranian jail hell. Boris response was that there are/were things going on the rest of us don't know about and implied that as a result we should shut up about it.
    He is a Tory and leaver. Axiomatically Tories and Leavers have allied themselves to this man.
    That is their choice, but for me he makes my skin crawl, he has the scabies effect on me. This is a man so rich he forgot about £50k or so he ought to have told Parliament about. Anyway reason and facts don't cut it with regard to Boris, those who love him would happily consume his dung because he is him, even if he was pulling out their nails one by one.

I can’t be sure Seth but I sense you’re not a big fan ?

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:

I thought Andrew Marr pulled Johnson apart pretty well yday. He certainly didn't look too happy as the programme faded out.

Any of our Conservative minded contributors got any preferences for their next leader?

Ruth Davidson
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Chaz Hill said:

Ruth Davidson
    Good one, I was struggling to come up with anyone but she’d be pretty good I reckon.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Croydon said:

Chaz Hill said:

Ruth Davidson
    Good one, I was struggling to come up with anyone but she’d be pretty good I reckon.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/16/ruth-davidson-rules-out-bid-become-conservative-leader-scottish-tory
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

FFS @Chaz Hill everybody knows its Esther McVile.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!