Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    Jacob Rees mogg: never trust a man who dresses like a Puritan but is a Roman Catholic
  • Options

Jacob Rees mogg: never trust a man who dresses like a Puritan but is a Roman Catholic

I always feel like changing the colour palette on the TV to black and white to match his appearance.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Rees Mogg has come across as a bit more of tool than usual tonight. On Sunday he stood in front of a live tv audience on C4 and said the will of the people should be upheld and we should leave on WTO terms and no deal if need be. Tonight, after his party vote to keep May, he wants her to go to see the Queen and resign. May got a 63% majority of support, Brexit got 52%. Is he for real? Yet another Tory cockwomble wanting their cake and eating it. I mean come on. You can hate labour all you want. Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser, anti Semite etc and believe me, he’s gone way down in my estimation over the last year, but Mogg, his ERG cronies are just as bad.

It’s an absolute farce and I think if we’re all honest with one another whether we vote labour (as I do) or Tory, they’re the same pile of shit, just different consistencies, textures and smell. Shit is shit and Westminster is swimming in it

No-one takes Chumney- Warner seriously do they?
    He's pretty intelligent and knows parliamentary law better than anyone.
    But come on. The fella looks and sounds like he's just walked off the set of a 1920's information broadcast.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Rees Mogg has come across as a bit more of tool than usual tonight. On Sunday he stood in front of a live tv audience on C4 and said the will of the people should be upheld and we should leave on WTO terms and no deal if need be. Tonight, after his party vote to keep May, he wants her to go to see the Queen and resign. May got a 63% majority of support, Brexit got 52%. Is he for real? Yet another Tory cockwomble wanting their cake and eating it. I mean come on. You can hate labour all you want. Corbyn is a terrorist sympathiser, anti Semite etc and believe me, he’s gone way down in my estimation over the last year, but Mogg, his ERG cronies are just as bad.

It’s an absolute farce and I think if we’re all honest with one another whether we vote labour (as I do) or Tory, they’re the same pile of shit, just different consistencies, textures and smell. Shit is shit and Westminster is swimming in it

But come on. The fella looks and sounds like he's just walked off the set of a 1920's information broadcast.
    Many do. Worryingly, I think a lot of people who he wouldn’t even look at, hold him up as some sort of poster child for a return to British values from a bygone age and he think can deliver them.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

Fuck Labour

Ahhhh, bless.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Many do. Worryingly, I think a lot of people who he wouldn’t even look at, hold him up as some sort of poster child for a return to British values from a bygone age and he think can deliver them.

Thing is, that age is bygone for a reason...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

It is the times we live in. Look, he isn't a fascist, but it is the same breed of nationalism behind it that leads there. He is irrelevant, but that is the worrying aspect.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving posted an interesting tweet from Corbyn last night that the goings on in the Conservative party vote were insignificant for the country, with an added commentary 'oh dear'. At the time I sort of agreed it was a bit of a silly tweet, but really Corbyn, like or loathe him, was spot on last night with that. The CBI, institute of Directors and UK business lobby have this morning called last nights vote a 'chaotic detour', and 'pointless' and with a lot of logic. How many of those involved will change their opinion of what the UK needs now? The hard Brexiteers will still want to have that or nothing, those who want trade will still want the sort of deal May has bought back and the remainers want neither. So May still has to sell the same deal to her party and then the house. She will now continue her tour of Europe trying to get something to sweeten the pill, which she would have done anyway. Had she lost and stood down, we could have watched a battle to be PM spend more of the little time left before we need to wrap this up. And then what.? Bojo goes back and insists the 27 give us lots of new stuff? Good luck with that. Or a moderate pushes on with the May deal. Either way we are back to where we are now, but with much less time.

Last night was a silly sideshow by an irresponsible party who are too split on the issue to be effective. At some point Teresa May has to grow something and risk a vote on the deal she has. She 'only' got 200 votes - there is a real movement against her. But those who dislike what she has done only got 117. Not exactly a mandate for change either. The best thing to come out of last night is Rees Mogg asking for another vote (if indeed that really happened - I've seen references but no actual quote) as he didn't like the result of this one. Sounds awfully familar.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

It is the times we live in. Look, he isn't a fascist, but it is the same breed of nationalism behind it that leads there. He is irrelevant, but that is the worrying aspect.
    Fascist=someibr who you disagree with.
    Mutley isn't a peadophile, but he likes children, this is the worrying aspect.
    Will those children be waving flags?
  • Options
    edited December 2018

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Thanks for missing the point - I was trying to say that nationalism leads to fascism whilst making it clear Rees Mogg isn't a fascist because he isn't.
  • Options

Need a return of Tarzan
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

Over a third of her Parliamentary colleagues don't have confidence in Theresa May.
    She won though.
    Interesting to compare the status and indeed elevation of Theresa May to her role in her party with some other party leaders.

Go Aunty T!

Unlike the opposition leader that had about 80% of his parliamentary colleagues with no confidence in him after a vote :blush:
    How many tens of thousands of Labour members voted for Corbyn - twice?

This is not to say that Labour/ Corbyn is the only answer but the Tories are finished after eight years of austerity and just 100,000 members with an average age in their 60s (?)

The fact that the Conservative Party received more than double in bequests in 2017 (£1.7m) than membership fees (£835k) says it all I think.

Quite apt that May is now starring in her own UK reboot of The Walking Dead!
  • Options

Absolutely. He would be such a danger to whole world if he were ever PM.

The man is against abortion even if a woman is raped. I mean would he still feel the same if his own daughter was raped? We he seeing how traumatized she is force her to have the baby against her will? And I do NOT for a split second wish that to happen at all. But if it did; Would be upset, angry and distraught? I would bloody hope he would be.
  • Options
    edited December 2018

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

He said he ISN'T a Facist .Interesting that you felt the need to bring paedophilia into it. Something you want to tell us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daily Express poll before last nights confidence vote. JRM 1st.BJ 2nd.TM 3rd.
  • Options

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

He said he ISN'T a Facist .Interesting that you felt the need to bring paedophilia into it. Something you want to tell us?
    Yes, the point I was trying to make was based on history and what a dangerous thing nationalism is if not challenged. My criticism of Rees-Mogg and people like him is the reckless way he uses it.
  • Options
    Polls would suggest They don't need to change, as long as Corbyn leads labour, The Tories will stay in power.

An utter shambles。
  • Options

Polls would suggest They don't need to change, as long as Corbyn leads labour, The Tories will stay in power.

An utter shambles。

@Stu_of_Kunming, what do the Chinese people you know think of our democracy at the moment?
  • Options

An utter shambles。

Polls also said that Labour would get hammered into oblivion in the last election. When you have a general election and there has to be a bit more equitable coverage. Voters get to see Labour policy rather than the negative parody that the right wing press and media promote. Tories do not want a general election as many Tory MPs know that they will loose their seats and Labour have a very good chance of getting in. This is the only reason why May hasn't yet been told to walk by her own MPs.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!