Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I suspect she will win the vote, but not by as much as she would want. Normally she would need a good majority, but this prime minister will struggle on if she wins by one.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    She's a daft old bat.

She needs to go.

She can't see she has come out with a shockingly bad Brexit deal because she is a weak negotiator.

She can't see the will of the people has changed as we've seen that May has come up with a crap Brexit plan.

She is determined to deliver Brexit in spite of the evidence showing it will cripple our economy.

IT IS ABUNDANTLY CLEAR THIS CHAOS CANNOT CONTINUE AND WE NEED MAY GONE AND BREXIT RECONSIDERED (or cancelled)
  • Options
    She'll survive, and as stated above as long as she wins, however small the margin she won't quit.
  • Options

She'll survive, and as stated above as long as she wins, however small the margin she won't quit.

I'm no fan of May, but why would she quit?
  • Options

If she won but only by a small margin it would still be clear that she has no real majority in the house of commons meaning we'll be stuck at the same impasse where we are now. Meaning her staying on would be pointless as we'd just be going round in circles.

Then again I can't see another Tory who would unite the party either.

• Options
    That is the problem. The ERG wing of the party is trying to get a hard Brexit and they are making their move. Tory remainers won't accept this.
  • Options
    I can imagine this being staged to secure another year, I cant see her losing the vote this evening
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    The party has been a complete joke since winning in 2015, mis step after mis step usually because they’re putting party politics ahead of the country they’re serving. Makes me wonder what magic the Lib Dems must’ve been working for five years to make this Tory government look like it knew what it was doing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sralan said:

|She is one nasty self opinionated bitch who thinks she can walk on water. Well, the truth be told, she struggles to walk on tarmac!! I've seen ironing boards with more grace.
    Never thought I'd say it but she is worse than Thatcher!!

Calls her nasty and then proceeds to call her a bitch. Rounded off with an overly dramatic, pant-wetting statement.

Always classy on the left.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

sralan said:

|She is one nasty self opinionated bitch who thinks she can walk on water. Well, the truth be told, she struggles to walk on tarmac!! I've seen ironing boards with more grace.

Calls her nasty and then proceeds to call her a bitch. Rounded off with an overly dramatic, pant-wetting statement.

Just like anti semitism, it’s only bad when the right are doing it.
  • Options
    Could it be that secretly May is on an American Method Acting (sub Lee Strasbourg) Course, where she has to truly experience a hostile environment in order to bring that properly into existence?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

sralan said:

Yup, power to the people!! ;-)
  • Options

That is the problem. The ERG wing of the party is trying to get a hard Brexit and they are making their move. Tory remainers won't accept this.

Not a problem - more like an opportunity?! If the No confidence goes through then we are on the home straight of a massive Tory split B)

Tory remainers will consider their position and Labour people such as Starmer and Umunna might have an idea of a deal that could be constructed.

Unfortunately it's more likely that May will win or tonight and limp on trying to push her WA.
  • Options

If she won but only by a small margin it would still be clear that she has no real majority in the house of commons meaning we'll be stuck at the same impasse where we are now. Meaning her staying on would be pointless as we'd just be going round in circles.

A bit like the general election? I'm reminded of Charlton Heston's "cold dead hand" speech.
  • Options

I can't imagine any other political leader doing the same.....
  • Options
    I reckon she’ll win and still be here in the morning, if not I dread to think who we’ll get next leading the country.

The time we've wasted on dealing with the impossible to please everyone (or even majority) Brexit debacle is ridiculous. I truly wonder where we'll be politically in a few years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Over a third of her Parliamentary colleagues don't have confidence in Theresa May.
    She won though.
    Interesting to compare the status and indeed elevation of Theresa May to her role in her party with some other party leaders.
  • Options
    Well blow me down, Mogg reckons that in effect May lost and should see the Queen straight away.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Over a third of her Parliamentary colleagues don't have confidence in Theresa May.
    She won though.
    Interesting to compare the status and indeed elevation of Theresa May to her role in her party with some other party leaders.

Go Aunty T!

Unlike the opposition leader that had about 80% of his parliamentary colleagues with no confidence in him after a vote :blush:
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

She won though.

Go Aunty T!

Unlike the opposition leader that had about 80% of his parliamentary colleagues with no confidence in him after a vote :blush:
    Unlike the PM who didn't get the vote of her party membership.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Well blow me down, Mogg reckons that in effect May lost and should see the Queen straight away.

Rees Mogg can Jogg on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!