Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How do the Tories need to change?

Comments

• Options
    i know its a lot more labour related (but the thread got deleted a while ago) but has anyone seen billy bragg going a bit morrissey on twitter this morning?
  • Options

i know its a lot more labour related (but the thread got deleted a while ago) but has anyone seen billy bragg going a bit morrissey on twitter this morning?

I have. But this thread is purely for having a go at the Conservatives, the issues within Labour (whataboutery alert!!!) are so toxic we can't even discuss them.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I have. But this thread is purely for having a go at the Conservatives, the issues within Labour (whataboutery alert!!!) are so toxic we can't even discuss them.
    I know this might sound crazy, but why not start another thread.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

I know this might sound crazy, but why not start another thread.
    Because it gets sunk... Hence my point.
  • Options

There is however no end of shit from the Tories, care to discuss any of this?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/26/taking-out-the-trash-heres-the-bad-news-buried-by-the-tories

My personal non favourite and close to my heart is the lack of mental health treatment/care for forces veterans. I have worked supporting vets through addiction, homelessness and depression and whilst it there has always been a need at the moment those needs are not being met.

What particularly galls me is that veterans are often used unwittingly by those who want a short cut to demonstrate their patriotism, but where are the marches and demonstrations against the government for their brutal cuts.

Couldn’t agree more. There’s nothing so great as going off to serve your country and we’ll get right behind you in platitudes and parades, but you’re at the mercy of the underfunded public services when you get back and might not be able to get a job, are injured or have suffered mental and emotional torment

And as a reward for potentially suffering life changing industries, Theresa May might want you wheeled out for a photo or something

It’s one thing that sickens me when I hear about ex forces being left to just wither away once they are no longer serving
  • Options
    edited July 2018

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/26/taking-out-the-trash-heres-the-bad-news-buried-by-the-tories

My personal non favourite and close to my heart is the lack of mental health treatment/care for forces veterans. I have worked supporting vets through addiction, homelessness and depression and whilst it there has always been a need at the moment those needs are not being met.

What particularly galls me is that veterans are often used unwittingly by those who want a short cut to demonstrate their patriotism, but where are the marches and demonstrations against the government for their brutal cuts.

That article just highlights how truly clueless in every aspect the government is. They have no idea about how to solve any of those problems or have a unified vision of the future of our country. They spend so much of their energy trying to stop the party tearing itself apart over Brexit and terrifying people about the oposition that no one is running the country.

At this rate it the deal with Europe will not matter because they have fecked everything up at home for a generation.

• Options

That article just highlights how truly clueless in every aspect the government is. They have no idea about how to solve any of those problems or have a unified vision of the future of our country. They spend so much of their energy trying to stop the party tearing itself apart over Brexit and terrifying people about the oposition that no one is running the country.

At this rate it the deal with Europe will not matter because they have fecked everything up at home for a generation.

I believe they already have.
  • Options
    I wouldn't wish this on any council and certainly not on its community, but what I don't understand is why is it Tory authorities that are in the deepest trouble. Aren't they meant to have small budgets and be the party of economic competence?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/aug/03/local-council-funding-crisis-east-sussex-cuts-services
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I wouldn't wish this on any council and certainly not on its community, but what I don't understand is why is it Tory authorities that are in the deepest trouble. Aren't they meant to have small budgets and be the party of economic competence?

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/aug/03/local-council-funding-crisis-east-sussex-cuts-services

Most of them probably started politics in the days of good old Maggie when super efficient councils like Wandsworth and Westminster were able to offer council tax rates costing little more than a good meal out. Unlike prolifligate Labour.

Like Surrey's old threat to exceed legal budget, they expected a sleight of hand by Hammond in budget funding to bail them out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

"It said increasing levels of poverty in the county had resulted in an increase in child neglect cases."

Something is very wrong with the way our country is administered if it's bringing deprivation and poverty to children.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

"It said increasing levels of poverty in the county had resulted in an increase in child neglect cases."

Something is very wrong with the way our country is administered if it's bringing deprivation and poverty to children.

Don’t worry Esther has commissioned a £200k report to get to the bottom of this poverty nonsense. Hard faced c*w!
  • Options
    They need to call out racist cunts like Boris, withdraw the whip, ban him from the party and move to have him expelled from the House. The cynical squint eyed shitbag is beneath contempt.
  • Options

They need to call out racist cunts like Boris, withdraw the whip, ban him from the party and move to have him expelled from the House. The cynical squint eyed shitbag is beneath contempt.

Not a fan then ?

• Options

His brother is more of a worry......!
  • Options
    Boris has been meeting alt-right mastermind Steve Bannon and this latest is right out of his playbook. Have a go at Muslims so everyone knows you don't like them and don't apologise. The people who already disliked you will still dislike you, but you'll have a lot more passionate support from Tommy Robinson.
    I'm not sure this is particularly well thought out but we'll see. Labour took ages to act on their former Mayor of London over anti-Semitism, let's see what happens here. Not holding my breath and I think the Tories need to remember they can't win with this sort of dog whistle being centre ground.
  • Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/aug/08/dominic-grieve-i-will-leave-party-if-boris-becomes-leader

I might even be tempted to vote Tory if Grieve was their leader (well not really). He certainly nails Johnson here.
  • Options
    Can you just give a moments thought to the possibility that Johnson replaces May as Tory leader and Prime Minister.

It would be the crowning turd of what’s happening in British politics and starting to look more than possible.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Dunno about the Tories but I imagine Moggy's little boy couldn't wait to change out of his shirt, tie and tank top ensemble when they got back to the hotel...

August in New York can get chilly I suppose.

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The US has just imposed new sanctions over the Salisbury attack for breaking international law. Can't wait to see who's visa we deny next....
  • Options

Can you just give a moments thought to the possibility that Johnson replaces May as Tory leader and Prime Minister.

It would be the crowning turd of what’s happening in British politics and starting to look more than possible.

As much as I agree I can't like your comment.

We would have finally slid into the abyss as a nation if Johnson becomes PM even for a few months.
  • Options

Perhaps you could moderate your language. Children are able to access these pages.
    WONT SOMEBODY PLEAAASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN
  • Options

Perhaps you could moderate your language. Children are able to access these pages.
    Says someone who has "mudge" as part of his moniker?????
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Boris wants to be leader/Prime Minister. He has worked out where he has to position himself to increase his chances. Making a statement like that is not going to make him less popular with the people he is going for and the others would never vote for him anyway.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Boris wants to be leader/Prime Minister. He has worked out where he has to position himself to increase his chances. Making a statement like that is not going to make him less popular with the people he is going for and the others would never vote for him anyway.

Straight from the Bannon/Trump playbook.
  • Options
    Fact
  • Options

Dunno about the Tories but I imagine Moggy's little boy couldn't wait to change out of his shirt, tie and tank top ensemble when they got back to the hotel...

August in New York can get chilly I suppose.

;-)

Where did he get those buttons from? Napoleon? What a complete, out of touch, plank.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!