Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup (League Cup) (double bracket but not worthy of a sticky Norwich away next round)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Bournemouth 5-0 Milton Keynes in the first round today
    I hadn't realised that some clubs had brought their League Cup ties forward.

Sheff Weds play tomorrow, Sunday ...... giving them almost a full week free to prepare for the game at The Valley next Saturday.

• Options
    Ouch! Harsh start to the season for MK.
  • Options
    Wow, I hadn't realised there were "proper" matches already. Wednesday play Huddersfield tomorrow

Something slightly sad about the 4 sides using the League Cup as as pre season warm up match...
  • Options
    Wow, I hadn't realised there were "proper" matches already. Wednesday play Huddersfield tomorrow

Something slightly sad about the 4 sides using the League Cup as as pre season warm up match...
    I think we did the same thing last season, playing at Swindon a week before the league opener at Crewe.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I hadn't realised that some clubs had brought their League Cup ties forward.

Sheff Weds play tomorrow, Sunday ...... giving them almost a full week free to prepare for the game at The Valley next Saturday.

Surely not enough recovery time for them after 90mins against Naby. Should be easy pickings
  • Options

Some of us (including me) were arguing that the early game should be played pre-season. Bigger crowd, a competitive game, and drops out a midweek fixture. Still makes sense to me and I am surprised only four sides managed to reach agreement.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Redrobo said:

Some of us (including me) were arguing that the early game should be played pre-season. Bigger crowd, a competitive game, and drops out a midweek fixture. Still makes sense to me and I am surprised only four sides managed to reach agreement.
    I think a League Cup game against AFCW would have taken the edge off the Sheffield Wednesday game and even if the crowd would have been bigger than on August 10th, it is a cheaper game with shared receipts.

Had we been drawn away, it might have been an option.
  • Options
    I’ve just noticed that our game on the 10/8 against AFC Wimbledon is not listed in the fixture list on the OS?
    @Ollywozere
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    I’ve just noticed that our game on the 10/8 against AFC Wimbledon is not listed in the fixture list on the OS?
    @Ollywozere
    International weekend ?
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    @Ollywozere
    International weekend ?
    No, it’s our carabao cup game on the Tuesday night, it’s listed on the tickets for sale page though. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    @Ollywozere
    The fixtures are automatically pulled through by Opta to the fixtures list but, for some reason, they’re having trouble with the Wimbledon cup game. 
    It will hopefully be resolved asap.