Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Who’s gonna win then? Seems weird to have the final on a Monday…
    Liam and Millie for me, they’ve had “the journey” and are both likeable. Although Chloe and Toby might sneak it, Chloe’s filth and seems like a good laugh too and Toby has carried this series at times.
  • Options
    Either Liam / Millie or Chloe / Toby

Please please please NOT  bunny boiler Faye. She looks like a goldfish with her pumped up lips
  • Options
    Chloe / Toby should win it as they are the funniest, Toby has been a proper lad on a summer holiday

Laim / Millie will win it though
  • Options
    if you were a true Love Island fan you'd know that every final has been on a Monday...

Nurse, my medication please...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    if you were a true Love Island fan you'd know that every final has been on a Monday...

Nurse, my medication please...
    The love island equivalent “Seems weird to have a football match on a Saturday”…
  • Options
    The Love Island prize money must be the worst on TV.

Firstly the 50k is rubbish when you think how much money ITV must make from sponsors and advertising.
    Secondly whilst obviously the winners won't say no to it, i'd imagine every single contestant who makes the final will make far more than that from deals they sign after the show.
    Lastly, as if either of the winners would ever seriously take the 50k and leave their partner with nothing, of course they'll split the money. 

• Options

Firstly the 50k is rubbish when you think how much money ITV must make from sponsors and advertising.
    Secondly whilst obviously the winners won't say no to it, i'd imagine every single contestant who makes the final will make far more than that from deals they sign after the show.
    Lastly, as if either of the winners would ever seriously take the 50k and leave their partner with nothing, of course they'll split the money. 

That's exactly it though, if they offered a really big prize then someone might actually be tempted to take the lot and run, and then you lose the narrative and don't have the media drama afterwards.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

That's exactly it though, if they offered a really big prize then someone might actually be tempted to take the lot and run, and then you lose the narrative and don't have the media drama afterwards.
    And be hounded forever for being 'that' person who stitched up their partner. No brands or sponsors post-show would want to be associated with that.

I think even if the prize was 4-5 times the current amount, everyone would split it.
  • Options
    Tomorrow then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    I was 865 posts behind on this thread, dating back to 2018, then I inexplicably decided to click on the thread. I didn’t read them all, I’m delighted to report.
  • Options
    Whilst i get that she's probably included because she's Michael Owen's daughter and it gets them extra publicity, what's the point of putting a 19 year old in there?

That's way too young to be 'looking for love' if that's even the point of the show any more. I feel like they should have a minimum age of 24-25, so the contestants have at least lived a little. 
     Why is 19 too young to be looking for love? P.S The show isn't actually anything to with love. More Lust Island.
  • Options
    Whilst i get that she's probably included because she's Michael Owen's daughter and it gets them extra publicity, what's the point of putting a 19 year old in there?

That's way too young to be 'looking for love' if that's even the point of the show any more. I feel like they should have a minimum age of 24-25, so the contestants have at least lived a little. 
    it makes me laugh when they say "I've never had a long term relationship", it's like yeah, you're 19!
  • Options

Let’s hope she isn’t as dull as him. 
  • Options

Taken from twitter

“25 years ago we were all wanking to a Michael Owens goal against Argentina ,  now we are wanking to his daughter - ain’t life strange”
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why is 19 too young to be looking for love? P.S The show isn't actually anything to with love. More Lust Island.
    She turned 19 only a month ago. When covid started she was 16! No way should she be on there.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

She turned 19 only a month ago. When covid started she was 16! No way should she be on there.
    I kind of get that from a show perspective.

There's no problem in my opinion with wanting to find love at 19. I found it at 16 and here I am 18 years later still there. Normal for the older amongst us, people are still shocked from our age group and under as to how...

Love. 
  • Options
    I can understand the entertainment this show provides. Young and old people should be enjoying themselves and allowing reproductive hormones to express what they want!

Turning it into a gameshow is dangerous and stupid though. They are thinking about money and fame.

Just let them shag, flirt, and enjoy each others company with no strings attached. That thing where couples meet up with other couples etc. 

The reality TV game show side of it is outdated and it's gone. 

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    I can understand the entertainment this show provides. Young and old people should be enjoying themselves and allowing reproductive hormones to express what they want!

Turning it into a gameshow is dangerous and stupid though. They are thinking about money and fame.

Just let them shag, flirt, and enjoy each others company with no strings attached. That thing where couples meet up with other couples etc. 

The reality TV game show side of it is outdated and it's gone. 

I would add, they should put your average Joe in there too. I think the whole concept doesn't help in todays image, where people will look at these people as role models etc. But also feel bad if they have any bad features, chuck in big Dave, average Jo, Lily big tits and just mix it up, it has become too stereotype.

Although i have put above, i do still watch it just think it would be better if it was like the original BB with a bunch of horny randoms, nothing too OTT or only the odd bit of eye candy for both. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Only watched the first episode and half the next so far and already concluded that the majority are vacuous dullards.

Far too interested in themselves and lord help anyone who gets involved with Gemma ‘International Dressager’ Owen.

So you make horses dance”. 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still can’t get over the fella that thought Elton John was two people, Elt and John. 
  • Options
    As ever done proper thick people in there

lots of body beautifuls 

and maybe one I’d like to have a beer with

still watching it though 😀
  • Options
    shine166 said:

i'd watch that :) 

They will never change the concept, but would be alot better or even just do a set age range 25-35 and a range of different people who might connect. 
  • Options
    I should point out that in reality, my wife would rather have her tongue hammered flat with a steak tenderiser than watch Love Island... 

• Options
    I should point out that in reality, my wife would rather have her tongue hammered flat with a steak tenderiser than watch Love Island... 

Noone asked, its a love island thread. All these posts you see similar to yours a pathetic, let people enjoy watching whatever there is no harm in that.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Gemma Owen has about as much personality as her dad. She's incredibly dull. 
  • Options

Noone asked, its a love island thread. All these posts you see similar to yours a pathetic, let people enjoy watching whatever there is no harm in that.
    Lighten up JB - the meme isn't going to actually prevent anyone watching the tele...