Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Love Island

Comments

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    surely at 36 it's a case of jumping into Superdry for the middle aged man cloak of invisibility
    My clothes almost exclusively come from M&S these days, shockingly it’s been this way for about five years. 
  • Options
    Tight fit clothes for men suit virtually nobody. Trousers look like leggings and shirts look like they are about to burst.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:
    surely at 36 it's a case of jumping into Superdry for the middle aged man cloak of invisibility
    My clothes almost exclusively come from M&S these days, shockingly it’s been this way for about five years. 
    Not gone to those depths yet, but with the demise of Debenhams it's only a matter of time! Luckily I tend to wear the same style of clobber I've worn for years so can go mail order, and then TK MAXX for the bargain work clothes :)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:
    Not gone to those depths yet, but with the demise of Debenhams it's only a matter of time! Luckily I tend to wear the same style of clobber I've worn for years so can go mail order, and then TK MAXX for the bargain work clothes :)
    You’d be surprised at what you can find at M&S for the fashionable man these days. 

Sustainable, quality fashionable items not made by 7 year olds in slum factories. 

Good enough for Sir Chris Powell and the England team….. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:
    You’d be surprised at what you can find at M&S for the fashionable man these days. 

Sustainable, quality fashionable items not made by 7 year olds in slum factories. 

I get a fair bit from there, but you could never accuse me of being fashionable!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:

Wait, their gear isn’t made in a sweat shop? In that case I’m out. 
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:

Before April 2000, M&S resolutely refused to take any credit cards except their own. As turnover plunged, they changed their mind.  I, however, did not. My revenge boycott of M&S continues to this day. (But you are right, I took a short-cut through one of their stores recently and they have upped their game considerably.)
  • Options
    someone gone already after 2 days
  • Options
    I am usually an avid fan, struggling to get into this one. Maybe as it all feels the same even with twists early on i am not feeling it, watched first few episodes but will probably give it a week then not bother. 
  • Options
    Bloke with the dodgy foot really looks like Ben White
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    se9addick said:
    McBobbin said:

I gotta be honest, went into the men’s wear in m and s a month or two ago and genuinely liked most of the clothes in there. That never happens nowadays. Might have something to do with the fact I’m now in my 30’s!
  • Options
    Been quiet on this thread so not sure if anyones watching. Some observations so far:

Lucinda has the most annoying voice in the world. Literally all she ever says is 'reeeaaallllyyyyy'. Also not interested in anyone, just wants to be famous.
    Toby is ridiculously immature for 22. Compare him to someone like Liam who is younger than him.
    At this point surely Hugo is batting for the other side. Bloke has zero interest in any girl who likes him. 
    The new guy knows how popular Kaz is on the outside, and if he couples up with her there's a strong chance they'll get to the final.
    Toby is the most emotionally immature person I’ve seen for a long time - I absolutely would give Chloe a disappointing 10 seconds though so fair play to that. 

Hugo is this year’s Dr Alex. Wants some kind of joe wicks job out of this I reckon. Like Alex, we’ll see him on this morning in a few months chatting about something to do with teachers. 
  • Options
    Been quiet on this thread so not sure if anyones watching. Some observations so far:

Lucinda has the most annoying voice in the world. Literally all she ever says is 'reeeaaallllyyyyy'. Also not interested in anyone, just wants to be famous.
    Toby is ridiculously immature for 22. Compare him to someone like Liam who is younger than him.
    At this point surely Hugo is batting for the other side. Bloke has zero interest in any girl who likes him. 
    The new guy knows how popular Kaz is on the outside, and if he couples up with her there's a strong chance they'll get to the final.
    Pretty much nailed it in a paragraph there.

Ended up disagreeing with the wife last night who said the new lass after Hugo was 'natural'.  I think the phrase you're looking for is 'bang average'.

Ok, dont get me wrong, Faye is full of botox and implants but at least she's a head turner, like most of the others.  This new one in looks like she's just walked in off the street.  I said it was like me walking in with my moobs and belly.
  • Options
    the one who got booted off, AJ? - looked like a cartoon character who'd been smashed in the face with a shovel?

Hugo is definitely batting left handed 
    Toby is like a child
    agree with the new fella latching onto Kaz as his pathway to the final.

Must be time for the other villa now to totally stir the pot

they are just all clones of previous years

Hugo = Dr Alex
    Toby = Wes
    Aaron = Ovie

etc etc

it's passing the time now there's no football...
  • Options
    Definitely time for Casa Amore
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ended up disagreeing with the wife last night who said the new lass after Hugo was 'natural'.  I think the phrase you're looking for is 'bang average'.

Ok, dont get me wrong, Faye is full of botox and implants but at least she's a head turner, like most of the others.  This new one in looks like she's just walked in off the street.  I said it was like me walking in with my moobs and belly.
    So people complain that there's not enough normal people on there, then others complain when there are. 

Faye is only a head turner because she looks like a blow up doll. She's unattractive to me as are most of the OTT botox bimbos (fortunately I would probably be unattractive to them too).

I'm not saying this new girl is anything special, but natural is becoming a rarity and one that some people find more aesthetically pleasing as a result. (sub out "bang average" for "normal")

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

So people complain that there's not enough normal people on there, then others complain when there are. 

Faye is only a head turner because she looks like a blow up doll. She's unattractive to me as are most of the OTT botox bimbos (fortunately I would probably be unattractive to them too).

I'm not saying this new girl is anything special, but natural is becoming a rarity and one that some people find more aesthetically pleasing as a result. (sub out "bang average" for "normal")

I wasnt complaining, it was just an observation fella.  It would be good to see some normal men going in, not ones that have spent every waking hour in the gym.

As we said this time last year, bin the 20s and stick a load of 30s/40s singletons in there, would be much more interesting.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

I wasnt complaining, it was just an observation fella.  It would be good to see some normal men going in, not ones that have spent every waking hour in the gym.

As we said this time last year, bin the 20s and stick a load of 30s/40s singletons in there, would be much more interesting.
    yeah stick a load of mid 30's / 40's divorcees in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

yeah stick a load of mid 30's / 40's divorcees in 
    Golfie is going in next week.
  • Options
    The standard of contestant in it this year is shocking compared to previous. I’ve honestly seen better looking women in a Dartford weatherspoons. 

Ian Sterling has never been funny but I think even he’s had enough now.
    Agreed, he came across as a right knob on taskmaster 
  • Options
    Loved Hugo contemplating whether he was “a player” with the other lads. Do me a favour.

Really don’t like how the evictions are going, the girl right at the start who had no chance to do anything and the two last night, also not given a proper chance. Format is flawed.
  • Options
    The standard of contestant in it this year is shocking compared to previous. I’ve honestly seen better looking women in a Dartford weatherspoons. 

Ian Sterling has never been funny but I think even he’s had enough now.
    Agreed, he came across as a right knob on taskmaster 
    Take away the accent and he has very little.

Gotta respect him for how hard he’s punching though.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Loved Hugo contemplating whether he was “a player” with the other lads. Do me a favour.

Really don’t like how the evictions are going, the girl right at the start who had no chance to do anything and the two last night, also not given a proper chance. Format is flawed.
    Also doesn't help that new people going in know exactly what's been happening. Not sure it'd be very feasible but all the contestants who go in later in the show should be kept in a 'bubble' so they have no idea what's going on and who is/isn't popular.

That way you'd avoid contestants coming in and practically declaring their love for people who are popular with the public. Like that Greg who latched on to Amber so they could win, and now this guy who's just walked in and made a beeline straight for Kaz.

Agree that this year is poor though, they definitely need Casa Amor soon.
  • Options

Lucinda's voice is doing my head in! Someone else who also has an annoying voice, i cant think of for the life of me right now.. 

I disagree with Hugo saying he must be gay, i was surprised he didnt go for AJ but she was quite full on. Sharon was an odd one too but again he just didn't get that connection. The new girl Georgia has potential but maybe its just not the environment that he can meet someone, shy? a bit full on? who knows, she does seem quite nice probably the nicest in there now. 

Faye goes through phases of annoying me and being alright, the lip filler is horrific not a fan personally. 

Still probably the worst one to date, just feels like its run its course like BB did. Would like some form of hybrid eg. Big brother abroad (random mix of people, average joes) the ones they choose just seem too much the same. 
  • Options
    Think the contestants have got wise to it too, the chances of looking like a dick are so high that it’s become pretty sterile. The types going in aren’t just people off the street, they’re ambitious and want to be influencers because, like it or not, that’s a job now. 

Someone like Hugo who probably is a player in the outside world becomes some kind of wallflower in there because the whole scale changes. 

That’s a long form way of saying I’m not even sure Casa amor is going to rock the boat massively. 

Fascinating watching Chloe try to work out why she’s so unpopular with the public. 
  • Options
    I disagree Faye is the head turner, would say the new girl for me. She just seems natural which is what i like, i would prefer Lib over Faye, The other new girl is quite hot too. I dont think there is anyone special in their though, probably the worst in that terms. Yes i know we have said we want normal people in there and now complain, but they should have a mix, when they have just defaulted to similar people/ fake and still everyone with toned bodies etc the stereotype. 
  • Options

Lucinda's voice is doing my head in! Someone else who also has an annoying voice, i cant think of for the life of me right now.. 

I disagree with Hugo saying he must be gay, i was surprised he didnt go for AJ but she was quite full on. Sharon was an odd one too but again he just didn't get that connection. The new girl Georgia has potential but maybe its just not the environment that he can meet someone, shy? a bit full on? who knows, she does seem quite nice probably the nicest in there now. 

Faye goes through phases of annoying me and being alright, the lip filler is horrific not a fan personally. 

Still probably the worst one to date, just feels like its run its course like BB did. Would like some form of hybrid eg. Big brother abroad (random mix of people, average joes) the ones they choose just seem too much the same. 
    With you on Lucinda. She looks about 12 as well. Faye seems to think she is the leader in the Villa - she is just annoying.