Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stevenage v Charlton - PSF - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Ta Mr Plum
  • Options
    good that we won against a team that's not especially skilful but likes to get stuck in ... hope Marshall is ok ... one possible worry/concern ? .. I have said before, a combination of Konsa/Perace just is not proficient enough defensively in the air .. we will see
  • Options
    Thank you, much appreciated.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

da silva off now for barnes.

Got 80 minutes I want to say, good measure of his fitness. Sounded like he had a couple of good runs forward. Nice to have a proper left back. Think him and Solly bombing forward this season with the two holding players in central midfield is going to be very dangerous. Solly sounded like he got forward well too, been a while since he was an attacking threat.

Thanks @seth plum for doing commentary. @Fanny Fanackapan did you get it working in the end?
  • Options
    Thanks Seth
  • Options
    Good job, Seth
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Really impressive performance. Compared to what I saw of the Irish games this was chalk and cheese .
    Stand out performers were Fosu , DeSilva and Kashi. Phillips kicking was suspect but conditions didn't help.
    Marshall looks like he will be out for a while . As soon as the tackle went in ( it was nobody's fault) I thought he was in trouble. Stewart will be a good replacement in the mean time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hopefully it's just a sprain, which would be 4-6 weeks probably, but much better than a ligament tear. The fact that he can put some weight on it, even if it's in a protective brace on crutches, gives me a little hope (perhaps clutching at straws).
  • Options

Looks even worse now. If this is ligament injury he could be out for a while... just our luck! :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    SDAddick said:

Hopefully it's just a sprain, which would be 4-6 weeks probably, but much better than a ligament tear. The fact that he can put some weight on it, even if it's in a protective brace on crutches, gives me a little hope (perhaps clutching at straws).
    Having been in that leg brace myself when I had a tibial tubercle transfer, I could put weight on it straight after my operation but I was out for 11 months in total.

Of course that's totally different but just using it as an example.
  • Options
    Sage said:

SDAddick said:

Having been in that leg brace myself when I had a tibial tubercle transfer, I could put weight on it straight after my operation but I was out for 11 months in total.

Of course that's totally different but just using it as an example.
    Damn you and your medical experience.
  • Options
    Is he waiting for uncle Roland to pick him up? Oh no, that's right, RD don't give a shit.

Good to hear we were resilient against a team of cloggers, i expect we will meet their equivilent again most games this year.
  • Options

I think if Marshall is going to be out for a while Stewart should be given a years contract.

I'd be amazed if Stewart isn't given some sort of deal now
    Don't worry , we still have Ceballos.............oh, wait, we don't - we gave him away earlier in the week.
    That deal looks dumber and dumber. Think a fluid three of him, Fosu, and Holmes, all of whom can play anywhere in that bank of three, would be very exciting. If we still had him I think we'd be a GK and maybe a forward (if we can shift one of Watt of Novak) away from a really good squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think if Marshall is going to be out for a while Stewart should be given a years contract.

I'd be amazed if Stewart isn't given some sort of deal now
    Don't worry , we still have Ceballos.............oh, wait, we don't - we gave him away earlier in the week.
    We have KAG who is cheaper and from the academy. What could possibly go wrong.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

seth plum said:

da silva off now for barnes.

Got 80 minutes I want to say, good measure of his fitness. Sounded like he had a couple of good runs forward. Nice to have a proper left back. Think him and Solly bombing forward this season with the two holding players in central midfield is going to be very dangerous. Solly sounded like he got forward well too, been a while since he was an attacking threat.

Thanks @seth plum for doing commentary. @Fanny Fanackapan did you get it working in the end?
    He's probably the fittest guy in the squad seeing as he's just come here off the back of 5 games at the U19 euro's
  • Options
    Thanks Seth for the post's.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Why the heck can't I access the commentary again ????

Logged in to Valley Pass, screen says Welcome to VP , I click on live audio & get the badges of both clubs with a circling series of dots around the "v" for versus ! Can't get any further !!!

Help !!

What browser are you using? It doesn't always work in Chrome, so if you're using that try Safari or Internet Explorer.
    Thanks for that, SD.

I did follow your advice & managed to get 70 mins of the match via Internet Explorer.
  • Options
    Ipswich and Norwich will now definitely show how strong and how much depth we have