Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad numbers?

Comments

• Options
    I doubt JJ wil take no.4 this season (unless no one else wants it)
  • Options
    Love that we've got nothing better to talk about than guessing what numbers people are gonna wear.
  • Options
    I also wonder when players will be able to pick whatever number they want a la cricket and American football. Joe Root wears 66 (or is that Stokes) and shahid afridi wears 00.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    1 Amos
    2 Page
    3 Dasilva
    4 Jackson
    5 Bauer
    6 Sarr
    7 Marshall
    8 Crofts
    9 Magennis
    10 Clarke
    11 Holmes
    12 Mavididi
    13 Phillips
    14 Fosu
    15 Konsa
    16 Pearce
    17 Reeves
    18 Ahearne-Grant
    19 Forster-Caskey
    20 Solly
    21 Barnes
    22 Aribo
    23 Dijksteel
    24 Charles-Cook
    25 Kashi
    26 Lennon
    27 Beeney
    30 Novak
    32 Watt

Is my guess
  • Options
    drewman said:

I also wonder when players will be able to pick whatever number they want a la cricket and American football. Joe Root wears 66 (or is that Stokes) and shahid afridi wears 00.

They used to be able to
  • Options

drewman said:

They used to be able to
    Root is 66 (as in Route 66).

Perhaps they should allow negative numbers and decimal places - and, how about infinity?
  • Options
    drewman said:

I think in American Football the numbers have significance (I.e only number x upwards can play in a specific position)
  • Options
    What about letters like they have in netball? GK, WA, etc. A shame Roger Johnson's gone. He could have been FU.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. Amos
    2. Page
    3. Kashi
    4. Jackson
    5. Bauer
    6. Sarr
    7. Marshall
    8. Crofts
    9. Magennis
    10. Clarke
    11. Holmes
    12. Aribo
    13. Phillips
    14. Fosu
    15. Konsa
    16. Pearce
    17. Dasilva
    18. Ahearne-Grant
    19. Forster-Caskey
    20. Solly
    22. Barnes
    24. Charles-Cook
    26. Lennon
    27. Hackett-Fairchild (or poss. higher)
    28. Hanlan
    29. Dijksteel (I think was 29 last year?)
    30. Novak
    31. Umerah (I think was 31 last year?) (or was it Mikhail Kennedy... either way, those two get numbers around 31)
    32. Watt

Something like that, anyway, with random youth players getting squad numbers in the high 20s/early 30s.
  • Options
    Dijksteel was 34 and Umerah was 29 I believe.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Dijksteel was 34 and Umerah was 29 I believe.

Thomas was 29 and Umerah 31
  • Options

I have a huge moral objection to the way the number 6 has been used by Karl and subsequently the squad.

6=centre back
    4= centre mid

Not the other way round. If Kashi or similar gets number 6 I'll be very disappointed...

This!
  • Options

drewman said:

They used to be able to

Perhaps they should allow negative numbers and decimal places - and, how about infinity?
    Didn't the Saffers have Shaun Pollock wearing 7 and Herschel Gibbs wearing 07?
  • Options

drewman said:

They used to be able to

Didn't the Saffers have Shaun Pollock wearing 7 and Herschel Gibbs wearing 07?
    If only they had a player called Bond......
  • Options

1 Amos
    2 Kashi
    3 Dasilva
    4 Jackson
    5 Bauer
    6 Sarr
    7 Watt
    8 Crofts
    9 Magennis
    10 Clarke
    11 Holmes
    12 Page
    13 Phillips,
    14 Fosu
    15 Konsa
    16 Lennon
    17 Pearce
    18 Marshall
    19 Ahearne-Grant
    20 Solly
    21 Forster-Caskey
    22 Barnes
    23 Dijksteel
    24 Aribo
    25 Charles-Cook
    30 Novak

• Options
    surely we must get the squad numbers today whether we sign any more players or not. Come on KR I need them for the stats spreadsheet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

surely we must get the squad numbers today whether we sign any more players or not. Come on KR I need them for the stats spreadsheet.

Expect a signing or two to be announced today with the article saying X player will be wearing Y number shirt.

Believe they are awaiting to announce one or two players and the squad numbers will follow. Hopefully today.
  • Options
    On here https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/first-team - Dasilva 3, Fosu 7, Clarke 10, Marshall 14
  • Options
    Scoham said:

On here https://www.cafc.co.uk/team/first-team - Dasilva 3, Fosu 7, Clarke 10, Marshall 14

Not sure if these are the final ones or not.

Nobby has no number. Page is still 2 which grinds my gears. At least we have a centre back at 6.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Probably true and will be officially released in due course yet no Amos photo and no Squad No. for Sarr?
  • Options
    Nabby Sarr not got a number?
  • Options
    It's not even in numerical order, just looks poor with random photos in last year's kit, some with this year's training kit and some during a warm up.

Bring back the whole squad photo.
  • Options
    I hope that's an error and Sarr does have a number and is staying
  • Options

It's not even in numerical order, just looks poor with random photos in last year's kit, some with this year's training kit and some during a warm up.

I think a lot of the EFL websites are a bit messy in areas such as these at the moment, what with the recent changes to new sites
  • Options
    Splodge said:

I think a lot of the EFL websites are a bit messy in areas such as these at the moment, what with the recent changes to new sites
    It's our own independently ran site...
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Splodge said:

It's our own independently ran site...
    True. But it takes time to get everything 100%. Wolves' is also their own and theirs is not quite there yet either.