Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - Waste of a Talent

Comments

• Options
    mikhail kennedy?
  • Options

mikhail kennedy?

I thought that and its got an Irish flag on it.
  • Options
    could they be heading up to the game?, robbo did say he knows whos starting?
  • Options
    Reeves
  • Options
    Thought they was flying to Exeter this morning? remembering read it yesterday from his interview
  • Options
    If Watt is not at the game tomorrow, he must be off as we are not exactly blessed with strikers at the minute.

I saw Plymouth needed a striker too, I was hoping we would take Watt and leave him there.
  • Options
    although if it is reeves at the age of 25 he looks more like hes about to rip it up on ayia napa strip ( rosary beads and hollister tshirt )
  • Options

although if it is reeves at the age of 25 he looks more like hes about to rip it up on ayia napa strip ( rosary beads and hollister tshirt )

looks nothing like Reeves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame he couldn't deliver this season, although not really had a proper crack has he
  • Options
    How much was he on? What kind of money does his departure free up?
  • Options

I seem to remember during a Q&A, somebody criticising the network. With a painfully smug smile and tone, Katrien Meire said something like:

"Well without the network, we wouldn't have players like Tony Watt".

It was after that little initial run of good games by Tony, and she probably felt very clever.

Funny, given a long enough timeline, she almost always falls flat on her face, doesn't she.

Ultimately, the network turned out to be a load of old crap, and so did Tony. If he was any good, why would we get him for free in the first place?

Bulot, Buyens and Tex are the best network players.
  • Options
    True but Bulot and Buyens disappeared as quickly as they arrived, so network not that successful.
    Tony Watt has shown very brief flashes of class. There is something worrying about him as most of the time he is of no value. It is surprising that he has been with so many clubs and managers that have not succeed with him. Being a professional footballer is most people's ideal but Watt does not seem bothered.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Watt is a talented player. Overall, the network has been a disaster. It has failed and it is not the network it was when the owner purchased us. I would hope that Meire has learned that the owner knows less about fooball than a gnat. In the earlier days she clearly was a disciple and we were the idiots. Life does teach us lessons and it is up to us whether we try to learn from them. I am hoping the fact she keeps quiet now and the signs that she lets the manager get on with his job mean she has learned some lessons. If he isn't going to sell us, the best thing that can happen is that the cowardly fool loses interest in us.

• Options

I seem to remember during a Q&A, somebody criticising the network. With a painfully smug smile and tone, Katrien Meire said something like:

"Well without the network, we wouldn't have players like Tony Watt".

It was after that little initial run of good games by Tony, and she probably felt very clever.

Funny, given a long enough timeline, she almost always falls flat on her face, doesn't she.

Ultimately, the network turned out to be a load of old crap, and so did Tony. If he was any good, why would we get him for free in the first place?

If it is the same meeting in thinking of it was a VIP meeting and she'd packed the top table as usual, one of whom was Watt.

When asked about Yann she smugly said something about replacing Yann with Watt and implying that made it ok.

If course they replaced Yann with polish Pete and then Tucadean long before Watt joined from the network.
    ...and Watt is now leaving with about 5 goals to his name and more time playing on loan than for us.

Cheers Katrien. As ever, good point, well made.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

Tony Watt reminds me of a film, it starts promisingly then goes nowhere and then finishes disappointingly. You leave the cinema thinking it had all the ingredients of a good film but it just didn't work.

Good one. But more like an episode of Casualty. Zippy intro to get you interested, a few twists and turns, then the same old same old - some bloke with no vital signs having the paddles attached to him trying to zap him back to life but to no avail. Repeat, week after week after week.
  • Options
    Dodged a bullet at Plymouth today Tone :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Louis Mendez just said on Radio London that KR has confirmed TW has gone,signed for one of the Belgian clubs,cant remember which.
  • Options

WTF, keep it internal. Someone else pulling the strings.
  • Options

Louis Mendez just said on Radio London that KR has confirmed TW has gone,signed for one of the Belgian clubs,cant remember which.

It's Leuven, the Div 2 outfit, apparently.

• Options
    Karl has shown he is not the sort to keep quiet and I can see him losing his patience with upstairs if a striker or two are not signed within the next week or two.
  • Options
    He leaves me with the abiding memory of that hopeless effort at a pass against Rovers last week. Glad he will be freeing up a space for someone who wants to play for us.
  • Options
    Quotes from KR about Watt leaving here