Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options
    I think he had decided to leave us early on this season and eased off not wanting to be injured.  Bowyer knows his heart is not in it so he is frozen out as that is not good for team morale.  Nothing more.
  • Options
    Hopefully Marshall will be given some game time tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Because tomorrow is an unimportant game and his attitude deserves it. It is moving on.
  • Options
    Hopefully Marshall will be given some game time tomorrow. 
    Why? Far better players in the youth team then him. Need to move on. 
    Maybe .... but they are in the youth team still for good reason.

Marshall is an experienced senior pro, works hard and popular with his team mates.
    Perhaps there are better players in the squad, but he's a useful player to have on the bench.

Bowyer might just decide to keep Marshall involved and match fit should he be needed to play a role in the upcoming playoff games - and "get some minutes" in him.

• Options
    Because tomorrow is an unimportant game and his attitude deserves it. It is moving on.
    Then play a youth not Marshall. Your saying its a pointless game, which it may be,  but for a youth player it’s an opportunity. Marshall is simply not good enough he’s had enough chances. 
  • Options
    We still want to win the game.
  • Options
    Oh yeah sorry, he’s been pulling up trees all season. 
  • Options
    Then play a youth not Marshall. Your saying its a pointless game, which it may be,  but for a youth player it’s an opportunity. Marshall is simply not good enough he’s had enough chances. 
    Bollox , you love him,  he's the man who gave the ball away to the scum and they broke and Morison scored before the scum fans spoilt his day 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollox , you love him,  he's the man who gave the ball away to the scum and they broke and Morison scored before the scum fans spoilt his day 
    Very True!!
  • Options
    If he was pulling up trees all season I'd be advocating playing him in the play offs - not giving him some minutes tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I really don't see why Marshall needs minutes tomorrow. He seems a nice guy and has a good attitude but more important to give some minutes to players who stand a chance of being involved in the playoffs. Not a time for sentiment.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I really don't see why Marshall needs minutes tomorrow. He seems a nice guy and has a good attitude but more important to give some minutes to players who stand a chance of being involved in the playoffs. Not a time for sentiment.
    No place for sentiment but what happens god forbid if a sick bug decimates the squad ahead of a Play-Off game

We've got four midfield slots with:

Aribo | Bielik | Cullen | Lapslie | Morgan | Reeves | Williams | Forster-Caskey | Pratley all able to occupy them but illness dont care about numbers
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Talal said:
    No place for sentiment but what happens god forbid if a sick bug decimates the squad ahead of a Play-Off game

Aribo | Bielik | Cullen | Lapslie | Morgan | Reeves | Williams | Forster-Caskey | Pratley all able to occupy them but illness dont care about numbers
    If something goes badly enough to write enough of those off that Marshall HAS to play then we're fucked regardless. We'd be playing a barebones first 11 with a bench fresh out of the academy.
  • Options
    If he was pulling up trees all season I'd be advocating playing him in the play offs - not giving him some minutes tomorrow. 
    Fuck me you don’t give in do you. Have you actually watched him play? He has no football brain, can’t cross a ball and does not score that often. He’s not playing because he is not good enough yet you still keep harping on that he needs minutes? He needs more then minutes my friend.....he needs a new club. He’s in the way of far better players, who need minutes in the first team. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

Does Marshall have a stronger immune system than the rest?  ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Fuck me you don’t give in do you. Have you actually watched him play? He has no football brain, can’t cross a ball and does not score that often. He’s not playing because he is not good enough yet you still keep harping on that he needs minutes? He needs more then minutes my friend.....he needs a new club. He’s in the way of far better players, who need minutes in the first team. 
    Firstly, you are coming at this from a different perspective to me. My main consideration for giving some minutes in a largely meaningless game is to reward a good attitude. He does have some attributes, he can be direct but his crossing is too hit and miss. Defensively, he is good for his position. But if we had injuries to our back up players he could do a job. But ultimately, when you respect players it rubs off on other players. This applies to all levels and people are different and managing them is far more than tactics.

We will have a situation on Saturday where some players will be inhibited because of a desire not to get injured or suspended. This is perfectly right and Bowyer would play a reserve side if he could, but he realises some of those players need game time too for their sharpness. I suspect he wants to maintain the confidence that winning brings also. But a few lesser players busting a gut won't harm us today.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    There’s been a lot of posts since I last looked at this thread and I haven’t bothered reading them but here’s my twopennyworth so apologies if I’m repeating something posted already and it’s clearly only great minds thinking alike...

anyway, Fosu is another one of those players that when you sign them you can’t believe how great they are and how his previous club or clubs let him go for nothing or a pittance (in football transfer terms) and that he’s signed for us. You overlook that there must have been a reason for that to happen and if it happens more than once you have to look at the footballer. His form and performances this season have been a disappointment for me and others, so much so that he no longer figures as a must play member of the squad for me and if we offload him so be it. That’s a shame because he really is still that great player, it just needs to be brought back out on the match day pitch again. Whether it’s a lack of game time or his approach I don’t know but I do know ifs worth remembering that if somebody had said to me a few months ago that I’d be willingly pencilling Igor in as a striker of choice again I’d have told them they were delusional.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone should change the thread title to:
    ”Fosu- who is going to be responsible for finding this lad?”
  • Options
    Shame a top player on his day
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Marshall’s professional behaviour will get him a contract at a club next season and with an endorsement from our management team. I think he could do a very good job for a team in league 1, especially one needing a bot of experience.

As for playing tomorrow? No chance. Too many midfielders needing minutes who are more likely to play a part in the next few games, which is no reflection on his commitment. 

The best thing about Marshall is that if he is called upon, he will give a 100%. As a fan I do not ask for more.
    Well I got that wrong then. It does seem to suggest that it is not too far out of Bows thinking though.

I just hope hope Bows has a full squad to choose from.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I don't think Marshall did himself any harm when he came on today. He is well down the pecking order, but his defensive qualities have some merit in certain circumstances. 

I'm not a gloater, but I called him getting some minutes today right, didn't I Sid? In Bowyer we trust.
  • Options
    Fair play, I didn't see him being involved again either. Though reckon he might miss out on a place on the bench next match if Williams is back. 
  • Options
    I don't think Marshall did himself any harm when he came on today. He is well down the pecking order, but his defensive qualities have some merit in certain circumstances. 

I'm not a gloater, but I called him getting some minutes today right, didn't I Sid? In Bowyer we trust.
    He had the ball on the right, we had a few players in the box and as usual his cross goes flying over everyone.
    May not have done harm, but he didn't enhance his chances.
  • Options
    At least he beat his man to put a cross in. Had Taylor been running onto back post as he normally does... The ball would still have gone over him.
  • Options
    I think the club missed a clue when first interviewing Fosu. They asked him which current player was his role model and he answered "Tony Watt".
  • Options
    I would have him on the bench if we make play offs, my squad would be:
    Phillips
    Dijksteel, Bauer, Sarr, Purrington
    Bielik
    Cullen, Aribo
    Williams
    Taylor, Igor

Subs:
    Maxwell, Page, Pearce, Morgan, Reeves/JFC, Marshall, Parker

Marshall gives us something else, we don't need 4 CMs on the bench. 
  • Options
    We're not setup this season though to play with wide midfielders its why Marshall and Fosu have struggled to get in the side so much

Need to play the way we know now... No messing about with new formations / styles

Plus dont forget that Chris Solly comes back into the side (not guaranteed the starting line up) for the second leg