Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think Marshall did himself any harm when he came on today. He is well down the pecking order, but his defensive qualities have some merit in certain circumstances. 

I'm not a gloater, but I called him getting some minutes today right, didn't I Sid? In Bowyer we trust.
    He had the ball on the right, we had a few players in the box and as usual his cross goes flying over everyone.
    May not have done harm, but he didn't enhance his chances.
    Where he could creep into Bowyers thinking if he wants to add some defensive stability through a forward option. This could be in a situation where we have an advantage already.
  • Options
    I don't think Marshall did himself any harm when he came on today. He is well down the pecking order, but his defensive qualities have some merit in certain circumstances. 

I'm not a gloater, but I called him getting some minutes today right, didn't I Sid? In Bowyer we trust.
    Lol you his agent? Trust me, when he has a full squad to pick from including a few academy Players who had knocks last week, he is even further down the order. He was also sub, so again I hardly call that vital minutes. He’s gone and I don’t think he does trust him or he would be playing a lot more than an end of season sub....
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Not his agent at all. I said he was well done the pecking order, but you never know how deep you have to go and you need to balance your options. I simply have stated the reality of the situation and Bowyer seems to have agreed with a footballing fool like me rather than a football genius like you yesterday.
  • Options
    Marshall is god awful .  I trust Lee that Fosu isn’t selectable on attitude but I still worry that we have nothing in attack to bring on from the bench.  I know TF has been average this season , but he can make things happen.  Parker’s ineptitude was funny yesterday but it won’t be it we need to rely on him in the playoffs. 
  • Options
    We're not setup this season though to play with wide midfielders its why Marshall and Fosu have struggled to get in the side so much

Need to play the way we know now... No messing about with new formations / styles

Plus dont forget that Chris Solly comes back into the side (not guaranteed the starting line up) for the second leg
    Agreed, but would prefer a Marshall on the bench to yet another CM. Maybe even as an attacking full back. 

Wouldn’t start Solly at the minute, Dijksteel done well. 
  • Options
    We all agree Muttley loves Marshall and Fosu :smile:
  • Options
    I think Fosu is an incredibly talented player but I know that I don't know what happens behind the season and have complete faith in Bowyer. Marshall I see as an honest pro that is quite a way down the pecking order, but seems to have a good attitude and does have defensive qualities that might make him a better bet than an untried kid, although I hope we don't need him and expect we won't. 
  • Options
    If Fosu isn't as hard working as Bowyer claims then he must be blessed with immense natural talent to still be at League 1 level. You hear of so many players with bags of talent that end up in non-league because they just don't put in the required hard work to stay in pro football.
  • Options
    If Fosu isn't as hard working as Bowyer claims then he must be blessed with immense natural talent to still be at League 1 level. You hear of so many players with bags of talent that end up in non-league because they just don't put in the required hard work to stay in pro football.
    Think it's more a case of he's stopped putting effort in rather than it never being there. No doubt when he signs for his next club that effort will return (for a while). 
  • Options
    Spoke to a freiend today who is connected to Harltley Wintney FC, who in turn have close connections with Reading FC. A lot of the managerial staff at Hartley in recent years had coaching roles at Reading. 

We spoke about Fosu and he said he had a great talent but didnt know what way he was going to go, they eventually gave up on him as he didnt progress there and had a slovenly attitude to training, usually late..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No surprise but looks like he's gone

• Options
    Watching that video really shows the talent he has. Shame if he does have an attitude problem as it does seem like another wasted career (similar to Tony Watt). Really wish he could sort stuff out with Bowyer as our squad is thin enough as it is and he is a decent player, but it does look like he’s going.

I wish him all the luck in the future and hope he can succeed in everything he does (unless it’s against us).
  • Options
    Disappointed that we never saw what he was capable of last season, bar perhaps one game. Hope he gets himself back on track
  • Options
    He's not signing, from the horses mouth, don't know if he has another club yet.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Would have happily kept him, but the lure of Robbo and Oxford must be to appealing for him to turn down.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2019
    I understand that the contract offer was relating to getting some kind of development fee. Fosu has talent but is variable. In Bowyer, Gallen & Jackson, I trust in picking good characters & attitudes that can help push the club forward.
  • Options
    I wont be surprised if he turns out to be the sort of player that shows plenty of talent yet never quite has the application to knuckle down and progress higher than League One
  • Options
    I am always baffled when players of obvious skill like Watt and Fosu just seem to lack the will to push themselves.There are thousands of kids and young men who would give anything to be a pro footballer but do not have the ability,and we watch while those that could do it just cannot be bothered.
  • Options
    They don't go to bed every night and thank God for giving them the legs and playing ability that everybody else wishes they had at school. 
  • Options
    First few games, he was excellent. Then, not so much. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An obvious move. As he played for Reading before, he's knows the area too
  • Options
    Think a lot of people have been extremely harsh on Fosu. He is a typical winger, some games he will be unstoppable and some games he will go missing. The key part to this is that he is a winger and we did not play with wingers under Bowyer. So of course it's going to be frustrating for the lad if he struggles to adapt to our diamond formation.
  • Options
    Seems to me he fell out with LB
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Nicholas said:
    Think a lot of people have been extremely harsh on Fosu. He is a typical winger, some games he will be unstoppable and some games he will go missing. The key part to this is that he is a winger and we did not play with wingers under Bowyer. So of course it's going to be frustrating for the lad if he struggles to adapt to our diamond formation.
    But his success with us wasn't as a winger! It was in Robinson's 4-2-3-1! Why do people persist in saying he is a winger?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    But his success with us wasn't as a winger! It was in Robinson's 4-2-3-1! Why do people persist in saying he is a winger?
    Not to mention there was no problem between Bowyer and Fosu when the former first took over as Manager - Tariqe played on a regular basis till injured
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    Because he played on the left hand side of the 3 and mainly played his football on the wing taking players on.  You wouldn't call him a central midfielder would ya.
  • Options
    has he gone anywhere yet?
  • Options
    I'd love us to keep him. I think he has a lot of talent but I appreciate there is more to football than that. 
  • Options
    has he gone anywhere yet?
    Oxford
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    When he’s called a winger they generally mean he’s a wide attacking player, rather than literally an old fashioned winger going down the line and getting crosses in.