Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options
    has he gone anywhere yet?
    Oxford
    Can't see anything on their website
  • Options
    has he gone anywhere yet?
    Oxford
    Can't see anything on their website
    Not confirmed yet, but alot of reporters and papers saying Fosu and Oxford have reached a deal, guessing it cant be announced until comp has been reached with us
  • Options
    I am always baffled when players of obvious skill like Watt and Fosu just seem to lack the will to push themselves.There are thousands of kids and young men who would give anything to be a pro footballer but do not have the ability,and we watch while those that could do it just cannot be bothered.
    A friend of mine was the same. So technically gifted and was a sight to behold when he got a touch on the ball. But just lacked the desire. His Old man probably had something to do with it. Always going too hard at him if he had a bad games etc. Just fell out of love with it - such a waste of talent.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Nicholas said:
    Think a lot of people have been extremely harsh on Fosu. He is a typical winger, some games he will be unstoppable and some games he will go missing. The key part to this is that he is a winger and we did not play with wingers under Bowyer. So of course it's going to be frustrating for the lad if he struggles to adapt to our diamond formation.
    But his success with us wasn't as a winger! It was in Robinson's 4-2-3-1! Why do people persist in saying he is a winger?
    When he’s called a winger they generally mean he’s a wide attacking player, rather than literally an old fashioned winger going down the line and getting crosses in.
    4-2-3-1 or similar formations suit him more than the 4-4-2 diamond or 3-4-1-2 we tend to play, though I'm sure his absence from the team and even the bench wasn't down to this. Something clearly went wrong between him and Bowyer
  • Options
    His last game for us was against Bradford and he came on and was shocking I think LB just lost faith in him
  • Options
    I saw him play for the U23s at The Valley.

The attacking players were Parker, Marshall, and Fosu.

Parker worked his socks off, holding off defenders, and bringing others into the game...

Marshall bombed up and down the wing, and supplied a peach of a cross for Lapslie to score with a thumping header...

Fosu was the opposition's best player. Disinterested, no work rate, no effort.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    he certainly needs to sort his diet out, literally every time my daughter does a shift in McDonalds he comes in.
    What does he have?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Yeah hard to argue.

Unfortunate things didn't go well for him. It's worth remembering that he was apparently one of if not the fittest players in pre-season last year. He had a lot of injuries last season, and I suspect he was rushed back from one or two.

Could have been a very good player for us but the switch in formation and some sort of falling out obviously precluded that. Good luck to him at Oxford. He was unplayable on his day. And he worked a lot harder for the team than many remember. He never did learn to run in behind a defense. Could change his career if he ever does.
  • Options
    Think that sort of backs up what Oggy and others have said. Bowyer to the point as usual
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    he certainly needs to sort his diet out, literally every time my daughter does a shift in McDonalds he comes in.
    What does he have?
    Normally the shits after.
  • Options
    looking at the Richard Cawley link - if Jamal Lowe is being linked with Millwall and Wigan, maybe we ought to be in there! Might soften the blow of losing Aribo.
  • Options
    Disappointed that we never saw what he was capable of last season, bar perhaps one game. Hope he gets himself back on track
    Agreed.
    That game was Gillingham at home where for 80 minutes he was fantastic. Struggling to remember another game when he had much impact ? I remember a game at the valley when he had a shot at the Jimmy Seed end and the ball went out of play in the west stand !
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I went in McDonald's last week in Victoria about 8.30 am and had a 99p porridge, no jam. I wonder if Fosu did the same ?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I went in McDonald's last week in Victoria about 8.30 am and had a 99p porridge, no jam. I wonder if Fosu did the same ?
    Normally a meal deal and an ice cream.
  • Options
    Fosu’s Comments on signing for Oxford,

“But the biggest thing was to join a good club who have big ambitions and I know I have found that here.”

Presumably Charlton despite promotion to the Championship, Oxford still in L1, didn’t fit the bill?

• Options
    looking at the Richard Cawley link - if Jamal Lowe is being linked with Millwall and Wigan, maybe we ought to be in there! Might soften the blow of losing Aribo.
    Pompey want 3million for him so absolutely no chance of us getting in there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any idea how much the fee we got for Fosu?
  • Options

“But the biggest thing was to join a good club who have big ambitions and I know I have found that here.”

Presumably Charlton despite promotion to the Championship, Oxford still in L1, didn’t fit the bill?

What do we expect him to say?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I take your point but my point, if he genuinely wanted a good club with ambition, like most players would, he could of found it with us, if only he’d taken his head out of his arse!
  • Options

Bumped into an old friend whilst walking pit for oxford today 
  • Options
    They look they were having a long catch up lol. How is it going mate? Yeh not bad im at Oxford now
  • Options

I take your point but my point, if he genuinely wanted a good club with ambition, like most players would, he could of found it with us, if only he’d taken his head out of his arse!
    But he had no future at Charlton so i'm pretty sure when he says he wanted a good club with ambition what he probably meant was he wanted a good League One club with ambition. I'm probably nit picking but pretty sure that's the context of what he was saying.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Fosu pulled a hamstring in last night's friendly against Thame United
  • Options

Proportionality...for Charlton to gain promotion to the Championship isn’t ambitious, it’s the lowest division the club should be in and was always going to happen at some point. For Oxford to stay in L1 and not be in L2 is ambitious...
  • Options
    Think he scored a free kick? Might be wrong