Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fosu - Who is responsible for signing this lad?

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    After the Gillingham home game when Fosu was unplayable for 80 minutes, I thought we had him back, but unfortunately it was a false dawn and he is now struggling to make the bench.

I'm not privy to what goes on at the training pitch at Sparrows lane but it's such a shame that the player with the X factor has turned into persona non Grata.
  • Options
    He's not a team player, the team we put out last night fought for eachother and laid it all on the line, Fosu isn't that kind of guy, he's a flair player who would rather beat 3 players and have a shot than pick out a teammate in space, and that doesn't fit with the way Bowyer has us playing
  • Options
    Ben18 said:
    I think last night would've suited him to come off the bench for the last 20 minutes as one of the front 3, and exploit the space being left by Wycombe and running at their defence (both centre halves on yellow cards). Would've been a good fresh outlet.

There's a very good player in there. Real shame that it hasn't worked out this season. He doesn't seem to suit the diamond. I'll be disappointed when he inevitably leaves in the summer.
    Disagree. Last night required players who would track back and fight for possession after losing the ball. Fosu does neither of those things. Coventry's winning goal on boxing day was the perfect example of that fact.
  • Options
    I expect him to sign for Oxford in the summer.
    Was just about to post that myself.
  • Options
    see if he plays tonight
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He's not a team player, the team we put out last night fought for eachother and laid it all on the line, Fosu isn't that kind of guy, he's a flair player who would rather beat 3 players and have a shot than pick out a teammate in space, and that doesn't fit with the way Bowyer has us playing
    Very Harris-esque. Careful as it's frowned upon by some :wink:
  • Options
    Fosu and Marshall have vanished of the face of the earth.

....but with a near fully fit squad I guess we cant include everyone.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Won’t be here next season and doesn’t have the same attitude or fight as last season. He’s a talented boy but when talent doesn’t work hard...

It is a shame as he can be a match winner as we all know, but he won’t be offered a new contract and he already knows his future lays elsewhere. Some players will fight no matter what, they want the best at the time with the club they are at, others go through the motions until the time comes. Sadly it seems as though Fosu has fallen into the latter category.

We all know Bauer won’t be here next season unless we are in the Championship, have a new owner and have offered him a new deal. I don’t think he’s been brilliant this season but he still fights and gives his all for the side. He knows if he doesn’t perform, clubs won’t be interested. As a guess, I don’t think Fosu has the same outlook on that.

With players like Reeves, Williams, Bielik, Forster-Caskey all to be added to the side who played last night. Fosu is going to have to work exceptionally hard to get back in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting he is absent from the photo of the squad with bowyer and the manager of the month award
  • Options
    I wonder if there more to it.....like he has been suspended (either by us or the FA - failing a drug test etc) and the club dont want to say.
  • Options
    More like a falling out with LB or he’s already lined himself up a new club next season
  • Options
    I wonder if there more to it.....like he has been suspended (either by us or the FA - failing a drug test etc) and the club dont want to say.
    Hate to say it but I'd hope that the club would just sack him...

They'd have grounds for it and under Roland we cant really afford to be paying a plager his wages for that sort of thing
  • Options
    Interesting he is absent from the photo of the squad with bowyer and the manager of the month award
    Marshall doesn't look too happy about things, used to see him with a big grin on his face. Don't expect to see him again unless there's an injury crisis. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Marshall doesn't look too happy about things, used to see him with a big grin on his face. Don't expect to see him again unless there's an injury crisis. 
    Spoke to him at the beginning of the season and it seemed LB was wanting him to play as a wing back, got the feeling he wasn’t keen on that 
  • Options
    More like a falling out with LB or he’s already lined himself up a new club next season
    You don't let left out just because you've lined up another club though, something major has happened. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Talal said:
    Spoke to him at the beginning of the season and it seemed LB was wanting him to play as a wing back, got the feeling he wasn’t keen on that 
    His mistake then, he's no winger anymore. Full back (wing back) seemed the natural conversion.
  • Options
    Marshall doesnt have the final ball to deliver into the box to be a winger

Fosu; christ knows whats happened to him this season - I still dont think its formation or anything because he worked well under Bowyer last season

Both though have to remember the career that Bowyer's had so is someone they should really listen to - They've not shown the form when they've been in the side this season when others have, so firstly neither had the right to a place in the first team - If they've not liked how he's commented on them in the press then they need to realise they're not the first to have had that treatment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Expect him to turn up at Oxford anytime soon!
  • Options
    He's going to a Championship club next season.
  • Options

Fosu is a typical of one type of lower league footballer, he fits into the category of naturally gifted but zero footballing brain. Therefore he's always capable of a worldy from time to time but for the majority he'll pick the wrong pass, not pass when he should, or be in the wrong position.

If you add to that attitude problem he's going nowhere but down.

He's probably one of the most naturally gifted players at the club but can't even get on the bench, says it all really.

• Options
    Is it an attitude problem? Or does he just not get on with Bowyer?

There's a difference.

• Options
    Its a shame as last season he was our best player. Something has gone majorly wrong this season but I still fully expect him to be quality for his next club.
  • Options
    Its a shame as last season he was our best player. Something has gone majorly wrong this season but I still fully expect him to be quality for his next club.
    But for how long?
  • Options
    Maybe he's just been dogs mess this season, barring an hour against gillingham at home. 5th in the league with a very good side he can't get in to. Nothing sinister about it, just a lack of consistent form to hold down a place in a very competitive midfield. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I thought Fosu may have been played a bit more to help him find his form but it is a risk when you are chasing promotion. We have to trust Bowyer, but it seems there must have been a major falling out and better just to accept it. After the Gillingham home game in December, Bowyer seemed to be praising him saying he was unplayable. I may have misunderstood the comment :)
  • Options
    Fosu hasn’t been at every training session for the last couple of weeks, nor is he injured. I don’t know more then that but it’s clearly something more than just not being in favour. 

Even an injury crisis wouldn’t see him near the squad, we won’t be seeing him again.