Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van hits crowd in Barcelona

Comments

• Options

And another source just confirmed 1 dead and 32 injured. It's all very confused here but fingers crossed for the second estimate.

Exactly, yet some people are sure there are gunmen as well....
  • Options

And another source just confirmed 1 dead and 32 injured. It's all very confused here but fingers crossed for the second estimate.

2 gunmen held up in a Turkish Restaurant
  • Options
    Of the 32 injured, 10 are serious
  • Options

I think most are just reporting what local, national and international news agencies are saying.

Nothing wrong with that, surely?
  • Options
    From The Guardian, as always be skeptical of all early reports:
    9m ago 18:12

One person has been killed and 32 injured, Catalan police have just said in a news conference. Of the 32 injured, 10 are seriously injured, it was announced.

There has been some confusion, as it typical in these situations, about the numbers of fatalities. Local broadcast media outlets are reporting that 13 have died, citing police sources. Other media including El Pais are saying there were at least 10 are dead. The above are the official figures.
  • Options

I think most are just reporting what local, national and international news agencies are saying.

Are they all reporting that though?

Police searching for driver who fled on foot is the last thing I read. Which until clear facts from the police are reported may not necessarily be true.
  • Options

wmcf123 said:

Not a criticism but why do people feel the need to discuss this on a Charlton Athletic message board ? I'm interested to know

One of the best things on this site is the non sports related. Don't click if you don't wanna read or discuss.
    I asked a question and you gave an answer.
  • Options

13 confirmed dead as it stands.

Not worth talking about. All you're doing is fanning the flames and keeping 'our' (whatever that's supposed to mean) end of the bargain.

Best to ignore it and hope it goes away.
    Are you sure you have the right user name? :smile:
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Police searching for driver who fled on foot is the last thing I read. Which until clear facts from the police are reported may not necessarily be true.
    Do people need to check that all news agencies around the world are reporting, word for word, the same stuff before having the temerity to post?
  • Options

Have you read all the reports and made sure they're all saying the same thing?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If you post something just cite your source and understand that with breaking news it may not be gospel.
  • Options

Do people need to check that all news agencies around the world are reporting, word for word, the same stuff before having the temerity to post?
    Not at all. But maybe they should make sure they are sure they are correct before brazenly posting that information on a public forum? As it's been mentioned before, there's lots of misinformation during periods like this, let's not try to add to it.
  • Options
    Because news agencies would never sacrifice their integrity in order to drive traffic to their site by claiming to have breaking, yet inaccurate/unverified, exclusives, would they?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

If you post something just cite your source and understand that with breaking news it may not be gospel.
    I posted the BBC article that said local media was reporting it. Never said it was true, just that it was being reported.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I posted the BBC article that said local media was reporting it. Never said it was true, just that it was being reported.
    I am also only posting BBC News
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Not at all. But maybe they should make sure they are sure they are correct before brazenly posting that information on a public forum? As it's been mentioned before, there's lots of misinformation during periods like this, let's not try to add to it.
    Did you make sure that you were sure that the article you read was correct?
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Because news agencies would never sacrifice their integrity in order to drive traffic to their site by claiming to have breaking, yet inaccurate/unverified, exclusives, would they?

Never.
  • Options
    Posted at
    18:35
    Spain's national public broadcaster RTVE reports that the vehicle used to drive into dozens of pedestrians in Barcelona was rented in the city.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

SDAddick said:

Wasn't digging you out, fella.
  • Options

ross1 said:

SDAddick said:

Wasn't digging you out, fella.
    Never assumed you were
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let's not have another argument on this thread as well
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Groundhog Day is October right?
  • Options
    I was quoting Spanish and Catalan news agencies. I dare say the police are more concerned with catching terrorists than making TV vomments so not unusually there's more rumours than hard facts.
  • Options

Let's not have another argument on this thread as well

No.
    I have blagged a free ticket for Saturday though.
  • Options
    19:19
    Police have arrested one man in connection with the attack.

Regional police announced the arrest at the same time as dismissing earlier rumours that suggested the attacker had been holed up in a bar near Las Ramblas.

The rumour circulated in the immediate aftermath of the attack in the heart of Barcelona's busy city centre.

However, police have now taken to Twitter to say there are no suspects hiding in bars.
  • Options
    Bastards
  • Options
    Catalan gov: 13 people dead, 50 injured, on ITV news now