Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Van hits crowd in Barcelona

Comments

• Options

Will never understand the wharped mindset of people that can carry out these atrocities.

RIP to all the innocent victims

Kindly ask that if you wish to use a social media platform to offload edgy, controversial views etc, you use another one for this. Thanks

Spot on
  • Options
    Well said AFKA, I will not post anymore, enough bad news already
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Not a criticism but why do people feel the need to discuss this on a Charlton Athletic message board ? I'm interested to know

We'll look into it
  • Options

Let's not have another argument on this thread as well

Too late: people already arguing over which source they are getting their information from.
    Remember that thread about the Manchester bombing? Of course you don't, no-one does, and here they are again, churning out the same self-important shit that floats away unnoticed into an indifferent and uncaring ether.
  • Options

Not all islams are bad.

Spot on! They're not!!!!!
  • Options
    RIP to the victims
  • Options
    Redskin said:

Let's not have another argument on this thread as well

Too late: people already arguing over which source they are getting their information from.
    Remember that thread about the Manchester bombing? Of course you don't, no-one does, and here they are again, churning out the same self-important shit that floats away unnoticed into an indifferent and uncaring ether.
    Unbelievable right! Only on this forum do you find that people resort to 'oneupmanship' over a story as grim as this.

It would be sad if it wasn't so laughable.

Pathetic
  • Options
    *Approaches thread with extreme caution*
    Cars seems to be the weapon of choice for any extremist bellends out there, actually more worrying than most methods because how on earth do you keep alert for such an attack, vicious c*nts.
  • Options
    So was this Islamic the far right terrorists or white European far right terrorists? As if it matters.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40965581

any addicks out there at the moment?

I was 50/50 to be going there today. Instead we went to a zoo near Narbonne because I couldn't be arsed with the 3 hour drive from where we are staying. We would have been there at just the wrong time.

Can't see me going there now which is a pain in the arse! Not worth risking my family though

Fuck you terrorists. Whatever your cause it doesn't involve families going about their lives in Europe.
  • Options

*Approaches thread with extreme caution*
    Cars seems to be the weapon of choice for any extremist bellends out there, actually more worrying than most methods because how on earth do you keep alert for such an attack, vicious c*nts.

Sadly, ultimately there is little you can do. For example, I walk over London Bridge every morning. They now have barriers by the side of the road and and big barriers on the pavement at both ends. Progress through London Bridge onto Queen Victoria Street, Cannon St etc and I see 100 people walking on the pavement there, with no barriers. Unless we barrier every potential high volume pavement in the Western world and box in every street based festival, this will always be a sick option. Putting barriers on London Bridge is like putting a plaster on a delapodated old building
    I walk over it most days also the barriers are a depressing reminder. Like you say nothing you can do, unless you treat every single car as potential danger!
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Doesn't matter who it was there backwards ones at that. Rip to all the victims.
  • Options

Quelle surprise.

Surely "Quina sorpresa".
  • Options
    It irritates me just how many people might have known this was planned and didn't say a thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    My heart goes out to all the victims; families across Spain, Europe and beyond, will be left scarred by today's attack.

BBC radio reporting that the police have killed one person (believed to be the attacker and to have run over police officers at a check point), while two others, including the person who had rented the van have been arrested. 12 victims of terror killed, c80 injured, 10 seriously.
  • Options
    RIP to all the victims and my thoughts are with those injured

The news last night featured the last days of ISIS in their stronghold, but I remember reading an article that as that happens these random lone wolf attacks will likely increase

There really is little else we can do other than put our faith in the intelligence services, police and authorities to do what they can, a long term commitment toward education and preventing radicalisation, and in the short term I want the toughest sentences possible for anyone even sniffing radical Islam

• Options
    So why Spain? Do they have a strong foreign policy in regards to places like Iran/Syria?
  • Options
    edited August 2017

So why Spain? Do they have a strong foreign policy in regards to places like Iran/Syria?

They are a democractic society. Something Daesh sees as unacceptable. Everyone is fair game in a democratic society in their eyes, which is why they are so dangerous.
  • Options

Another Western democracy is probably enough reason for the sick ideologists who preach their hate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who knows mate. They've gone after Nice, Berlin, Gothenburg, London and now Barca with these type of attacks according to the news.

Utter c***s
  • Options
    Crazy that this is becoming so much the norm it didn't even generate more than 5 minutes on the news
  • Options
    Rip to the victims. Another sad day for the free world
  • Options
    I wish I could like the above more than once. I don't get how people's first thought is quick I must film this. Either help those injured or run. I think it's disgusting. And then to share it on social media. WTF? And then you watch footage on the news where some idiot is filming police with guns obviously looking for someone and yet saying that they have been told to clear the area and stay inside yet there they are filming on their phone still. Last place I'd be. Social media had a lot to answer for.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Irritating that when something like this happens people seem to do nothing but bleat on about what and how the media perform.

Your anger is better spent targeted at the tossers who commit the atrocities IMO.

Some of the things that are out there are shocking though. I accidentally watched a video of what looked like one lady's last breaths as she bled from a massive split in her head. It was disgusting and tragic. This was on Twitter so not a news agency but at the same time I blame news agencies (and social media) for the way people film things rather than help. There were at least 4 people filming her die and no one by her side helping her. Why? They all wanted more shares on their video or some obscure news network to feature it.

Disgusting.
    and yet both google and apple take the "Gab" app out of their stores yet twitter and boatbook are free to carry on.
  • Options

cafctom said:

Irritating that when something like this happens people seem to do nothing but bleat on about what and how the media perform.

Your anger is better spent targeted at the tossers who commit the atrocities IMO.

Some of the things that are out there are shocking though. I accidentally watched a video of what looked like one lady's last breaths as she bled from a massive split in her head. It was disgusting and tragic. This was on Twitter so not a news agency but at the same time I blame news agencies (and social media) for the way people film things rather than help. There were at least 4 people filming her die and no one by her side helping her. Why? They all wanted more shares on their video or some obscure news network to feature it.

Disgusting.
    100%, and shame on these people.
  • Options
    RIP the victims.
    Out in Spain at the moment,not near Barcelona.

As many have said, there is next to nothing you can do when part of the human race has a F***** up ideaology like this.