Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Novak Joins Scunthorpe (Perm Deal)

Comments

• Options
    Scored twice for us in 34 outings. Even Barry Endean had a better strike rate.

No loss but agree we need a 15-20 a season striker.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He never got a real chance here and he got off to a good start with Ajose. Scored at all his other clubs. Think he will do well at Scunthorpe. Good luck to him.

Think it is a mistake to let him go.

Agree with that 100%
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Redrobo said:

He never got a real chance here and he got off to a good start with Ajose. Scored at all his other clubs. Think he will do well at Scunthorpe. Good luck to him.

Think you're right that he will do well elsewhere but I was resigned to it not ever working out for him at Charlton, wrong player & wrong club. The fresh start will do him good and he'll score goals up there.
  • Options
    Would have been a good player for us 5 years ago, I'm pleased he's moved on, I wasn't impressed with his contribution at Charlton, it didn't work out, will probably be quality at his new club, or disappear into non league within 2 years.
  • Options
    2 goals in 31 appearances says it all really.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

He got 31 chances.
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Lee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

jamescafc said:

He's shit. Magennis not so much better. Nothing changes; we're still a decent league 1 striker short of a team capable of winning promotion

Magennis is a quality player and any team in this division would want him.
    Think quality is pushing it. He's an ok striker in a piss poor league.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

I think we're going to struggle to find an upgrade this late, but he was a 1/5 1/6 player for most of his previous clubs. A lot of that in the Championship admittedly. But he's never been prolific apart from that one year at Chesterfield. He made his name on his work rate which we really never saw the best of.
  • Options

Farewell the Petts Wood Pele.

• Options
    Novaks not done yet......
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

source ???
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Seems like a deal that'll only happen should we sign someone ourselves...?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

What else do you know, RedHenry?

You can trust me to keep a secret!

• Options

They're going to announce our new striker(s) like the new hummel shirts.

Will allow 50 special guests to come to a back room in Bartrams and pull off a big tarpaulin to reveal 2 bemused strikers to a gasping audience who will be required to sign non disclosure agreements leveraged against vital organs.

The pantomime will not occur until next week as Bartam's is currently booked out with Bingo and the local NHS VD clinic until Tuesday so we'll not have a striker up front Saturday but it will be worth it in what the CEO and management team have described as "an unprecedented act of wackiness and theatre that will be a real unique experience".

See, I'd just play them upfront on Saturday but still covered in the tarpaulin. #SimpleSolutions
  • Options

jamescafc said:

jamescafc said:

He's shit. Magennis not so much better. Nothing changes; we're still a decent league 1 striker short of a team capable of winning promotion

Magennis is a quality player and any team in this division would want him.
    I'm not so sure.

Out of interest how many games have you been to this season?
    I have a season ticket. I also had a season ticket last season. Wait, and the season before, oh, and the one before that.
    What about the one before that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redhenry said:

Seems like a deal that'll only happen should we sign someone ourselves...?
    Probably correct. All I know is Novak isn't done and dusted.
  • Options
    This is a wind up surely unless someone else is ready to sign? You know like what every other club does...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

He will be back for Australia
  • Options
    I reckon he won't go unless we sign a replacement
  • Options
    Heard last week KR wants a pacy striker. Don't get too excited but Grigg was mentioned
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Heard last week KR wants a pacy striker. Don't get too excited because no one is coming in

• Options
    Could be Usain Bolt
  • Options
    Bag of potatoes.
    Made Ralph Milne look like Twiggy.