Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Novak Joins Scunthorpe (Perm Deal)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I don't think there is anything wrong with 4-2-3-1 and it has worked well in a number of games this season.

• Options
    yeah getting him off the payroll was great, frees up more money for KR to spend on the squad.....oh wait a minute.....
  • Options

Scoham said:

ross1 said:

Novak scores for Scunthorpe

he's playing in a good, well organised and managed side that plays a no nonsense, attacking 4 4 2 .. notice .. TWO UP FRONT .. he's alongside the fairly prolific Madden, they could form a very good partnership, especially with Morris supplying the quality passing and crosses
    A formation doesn't guarantee goals, it's much more about the style and players you have.
    agreed but a formation that does not suit the available players is obviously not going to work .. I would argue that despite bringing in some of 'his players', Robinson is asking too much of league 1 standard players .. 4231 is too complex for a division which demands hard work, discipline and uncomplicated formations, not grandiose football theories
    So going around the first 11 Solly may not have played it, Pearce, Holmes, and maybe Magennis. The rest I'd say with relative certainty have.

This whole only 4-4-2 is attacking and or good enough is ridiculous. When you look at our problems they're not solved immediately with another formation. And Slade played a flat 4-4-2 and look at how attacking his sides were.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

Redhenry said:

Slade begged to get him in.

Robinson begged to get Godden in but it didn't happen.
    Stevenage upped the price late on. Don't think you can knock the board on both negotiations.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Slade begged to get him in.

Robinson begged to get Godden in but it didn't happen.
    Stevenage upped the price late on. Don't think you can knock the board on both negotiations.
    Yep, by £300k or what we'd saved on Novak's wages.

Dont blame the club for saying no but Robinson wanted them to pay it and they didn't.

So they gave Slade £300k+ for Novak but wouldn't pay the extra £300k to get Godden.

Upshot is we have Dodoo
  • Options
    so Stevenage scuppered the deal for the sake of 300k when his value in January will have plummeted further when he has only six months left on his contract? Not sure I believe that.
  • Options

so Stevenage scuppered the deal for the sake of 300k when his value in January will have plummeted further when he has only six months left on his contract? Not sure I believe that.

Really? May I recommend Googling "Arsenal transfer negotiations."

Also, unless he's made some sort of ultimatum I'm not aware of I imagine they'll fancy their chances of signing him to a contract extension to at least protect his value.