Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Novak Joins Scunthorpe (Perm Deal)

Comments

• Options
    That's what it sounds like. I imagine he's taken a pay cut to join Scunthorpe
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Left on a free without being paid off for the rest of his contract?

“He had a two-year deal left, and I’ll never go into detail but I have a lot of respect for what he did yesterday.

“It’s not what some people may think it is - it’s far from it and I have a lot of respect for how he conducted himself yesterday.”
    Everybody's happy.

Novak desperate to leave.

Daisy desperate to save money.

Robinson desperate for a striker... oh, hang on.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Left on a free without being paid off for the rest of his contract?

“He had a two-year deal left, and I’ll never go into detail but I have a lot of respect for what he did yesterday.

“It’s not what some people may think it is - it’s far from it and I have a lot of respect for how he conducted himself yesterday.”
    Always assumed this was the case, paying him off would have been mental, letting him go on a real free, makes a little more sense.
  • Options
    Sounds like a bloke I work with always off sick.his nick name is .Sick note.
  • Options
    Novak scores for Scunthorpe
  • Options
    And puts Scunny above us in the league
  • Options

7th place, not even in the pay offs anymore :neutral: did crofts have a belter as well?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

7th place, not even in the pay offs anymore :neutral: did crofts have a belter as well?
    Wasn't in the squad, that's how good Scunny are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

He is injured . Hasn't played yet .
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Rob7Lee said:

So that looks like a decent bit of business then.

Thought Novak would have been alright for us this year. Could have used him yesterday. But I'm guessing he wanted to go back up north and it's why he left. Our squad would look much better right now if we'd kept him and brought in Dodoo, but if he doesn't want to be here then fine. Was on more money than he's worth anyway (allegedly).
  • Options

Rob7Lee said:

Wasn't in the squad, that's how good Scunny are.
    Perhaps they have a cardboard thin squad?
  • Options

ross1 said:

ffs !! I didn't rate the bloke but letting him leave us on deadline day FOR FREE & without a decent replacement was criminal. I wished I sat in the West Stand as I would be giving KM pelters every home game.

stupid thick ****
    The club do allow people to transfer their season tickets.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Richard J said:

Rob7Lee said:

So that looks like a decent bit of business then.

Thought Novak would have been alright for us this year. Could have used him yesterday. But I'm guessing he wanted to go back up north and it's why he left. Our squad would look much better right now if we'd kept him and brought in Dodoo, but if he doesn't want to be here then fine. Was on more money than he's worth anyway (allegedly).
    Or he got the hump because Robinson only plays 1 up front.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

he's playing in a good, well organised and managed side that plays a no nonsense, attacking 4 4 2 .. notice .. TWO UP FRONT .. he's alongside the fairly prolific Madden, they could form a very good partnership, especially with Morris supplying the quality passing and crosses
  • Options
    on 6 grand a week plus bonuses living expenses etc, probably more like 8g a week. Good to get that off the payroll though.
  • Options

ross1 said:

he's playing in a good, well organised and managed side that plays a no nonsense, attacking 4 4 2 .. notice .. TWO UP FRONT .. he's alongside the fairly prolific Madden, they could form a very good partnership, especially with Morris supplying the quality passing and crosses
    To be fair, Scunthorpe have the same number of points as us and scored 4 fewer goals so it's not as if their attacking formation over the 8 games has led to more goals

Only 3 goals conceded though, that's really impressive, that's a team set up for 1-0 wins!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Redhenry said:

on 6 grand a week plus bonuses living expenses etc, probably more like 8g a week. Good to get that off the payroll though.

From a fan's perspective, it's not great when that isn't reinvested in a league one quality striker, though. All we got was Dodoo on loan. I've seen him twice, albeit only in cameos, and he has looked dreadful.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Yeah excellent bit of business, and it saves Robinson having to worry about playing 2 up front or trying to change the formation when we go a goal down.
  • Options
    Slade begged to get him in.
  • Options

ross1 said:

To be fair, Scunthorpe have the same number of points as us and scored 4 fewer goals so it's not as if their attacking formation over the 8 games has led to more goals

Only 3 goals conceded though, that's really impressive, that's a team set up for 1-0 wins!
    off topic .. Scunthorpe have probably the best central defence pair in the league .. McArdle and Wallace .. they are flanked by 2 good pacey full backs and have the redoubtable veteran Bishop patrolling midfield in front .. I take what you say about the goals scored .. I would say that The Iron's games so far have been a bit more difficult than ours ..
    Scunthorpe were generally good last year (bad spell around Christmas) but chickened out v Millwall in the play offs .. they are once more not to be taken lightly
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Slade begged to get him in.

Robinson begged to get Godden in but it didn't happen.
  • Options

ross1 said:

A formation doesn't guarantee goals, it's much more about the style and players you have.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

ross1 said:

A formation doesn't guarantee goals, it's much more about the style and players you have.
    agreed but a formation that does not suit the available players is obviously not going to work .. I would argue that despite bringing in some of 'his players', Robinson is asking too much of league 1 standard players .. 4231 is too complex for a division which demands hard work, discipline and uncomplicated formations, not grandiose football theories
  • Options

Scoham said:

ross1 said:

agreed but a formation that does not suit the available players is obviously not going to work .. I would argue that despite bringing in some of 'his players', Robinson is asking too much of league 1 standard players .. 4231 is too complex for a division which demands hard work, discipline and uncomplicated formations, not grandiose football theories
    I think he's too attached to his ideal way of playing football. As much as fans want to see exciting football we also want to see us win games.

I hope he finds way to adjust, at times it could simple things like Clarke pushing higher up rather than dropping so deep, or working out when we should go more direct to Magennis.

Not sure we should completely change a system we've worked on all summer after winning 5 in 8.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

ross1 said:

I think he's too attached to his ideal way of playing football. As much as fans want to see exciting football we also want to see us win games.

I hope he finds way to adjust, at times it could simple things like Clarke pushing higher up rather than dropping so deep, or working out when we should go more direct to Magennis.

Not sure we should completely change a system we've worked on all summer after winning 5 in 8.
    What about 5 in 10? Start preparing the ground work now :wink: