Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    Finished 9th out of 180 this morning and well pleased.  New PB n'all. 

Wow, smashing it mate, well done.

I was 48 secs off my PB but was definitely my most enjoyable and felt the best I’d ever run. Felt I’d paced it well and got stronger on the third lap. Really enjoyed it this morning.

well done to @les says and @Riviera on their PBs. When Rivs posted about his diet last week i thought he would be sub-40 by end of May. Convinced he will now if he stays disciplined. Well done mate 
  • Options
    Started running again follow a foot problem last year, 32:12 for my third 5k since March yesterday so  want to keep chipping that off in the coming weeks, might do Shorne or Dartford Parkrun during the Easter break, as the eldest child has no swimming lessons which clash 
  • Options
    Btw is there a Charlton Life running Strava club? There’s been a cycling one, but could get a running one up and going 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Btw is there a Charlton Life running Strava club? There’s been a cycling one, but could get a running one up and going 
    That would be great.
  • Options
    If I bother to take my phone with me at all, I use runkeeper. Is Strava basically the same?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    If I bother to take my phone with me at all, I use runkeeper. Is Strava basically the same?
    I use Strava through my watch but my brother uses his phone so I think so
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    There is a Strava CL club, it is for all activities, not many runners on there, get on everyone

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Brilliant will sign  up later.
  • Options
    Signed up. Might encourage me to run more often
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Leaderboard is a bit unfair 😂 based on time on activities... 

I did create a page earlier today, but got carried away watching the game so didn't share... For those that want a primarily running club:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/charltonliferunners
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I did create a page earlier today, but got carried away watching the game so didn't share... For those that want a primarily running club:

Signed up to this mate as only do running
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That's better, just joined
  • Options
    Lolloped round in 35:20 at Chippenham parkrun at the weekend. My two most recent timings at Hilly Fields have been 35:17 and 35:18, possibly the best times I'll get after working late on Friday nights!
  • Options
    Yay PB today. Seems to get a PB I need to miss park run for a couple of weeks and have eaten a lot of pizza and haribos (separately you freaks). 
    Obvs I still take twice as long as the leader but a PB is still a PB. 
    Its made me consider going to The Valley later, but I probs won’t....
  • Options
    Feeling very annoyed at the moment. A real schoolboy error from me. I didn't think I'd run particularly well and so did not put in my usual spurt at the end and finished a frustrating 2 secs outside my PB from last week. I have a stopwatch in my pocket but don't look at it until I've finished but if I had have checked it before the last 100m I could have recorded a new PB. I won't make that mistake again. 40:44
     Saw the Upbeat Walkers on the way home and gave them a good old toot on the horn by Pippin Hall stables. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Feeling very annoyed at the moment. A real schoolboy error from me. I didn't think I'd run particularly well and so did not put in my usual spurt at the end and finished a frustrating 2 secs outside my PB from last week. I have a stopwatch in my pocket but don't look at it until I've finished but if I had have checked it before the last 100m I could have recorded a new PB. I won't make that mistake again. 40:44
     Saw the Upbeat Walkers on the way home and gave them a good old toot on the horn by Pippin Hall stables. 
    That sub 40 is there for you.

£10 to The Upbeats from me when you do it.
  • Options
    Done the Chichester Park Run this morning, as down here with friends for the weekend.

Made me grateful for Bromley and Beckenham Park runs as 3 laps around the edges of Rugby pitches. Amazing weather though and only about 150 people doing it.

Went round with my friends 2 eleven year old daughters and helped them beat their PB from 34 minutes to 33.14. They were well chuffed !

Great start to the day and off to the beach now with phone for 3pm.

Coyr’s !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    35:30 at Footscray Meadows - lovely course, bit of an ankle-twister in places but felt as if I was deep in the country rather than the other side of Sidcup. There's even a farm shop! They broke their attendance record with 300+ there as a load of firms running clubs turned up for a dust-up meet up, only 60-odd there last week. 

Also saw the Upbeats heading back, this time coming down Shooters Hill and across Eltham Common.
  • Options
    35:30 at Footscray Meadows - lovely course, bit of an ankle-twister in places but felt as if I was deep in the country rather than the other side of Sidcup. There's even a farm shop! They broke their attendance record with 300+ there as a load of firms running clubs turned up for a dust-up meet up, only 60-odd there last week. 

Also saw the Upbeats heading back, this time coming down Shooters Hill and across Eltham Common.

I was there as well today, part of the Orpington Road Runners mob. Ran there from Orp (6 miles) then did 23.21 not too bad as haven't done a parkrun for a while. I liked the course and will go back again probably in the summer. 

• Options
    Any one on here a member of New Eltham Joggers? I know a few of them and they are all great guys and gals. Heard a great description of them the other day; A drinking club with a serious running problem! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cheers @Numbers Both Brighton and London.
    Good luck today, hope all goes well for you, let us know later
  • Options
    Good luck @Dazzler21

Couldn't do parkrun yesterday, but kids slept at their grandparents last night, so I managed 9 hours of kip, then ran a pb 10k of 57.27, over a minute faster than my best. There's something to be said for my recent healthier eating regime and some proper rest!
  • Options
    Just getting back to running after a year out so thanks for setting up the Strava page. Finished 246th out of 322 in Park Run yesterday so plenty of work to do!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Riviera said:
    Any one on here a member of New Eltham Joggers? I know a few of them and they are all great guys and gals. Heard a great description of them the other day; A drinking club with a serious running problem! 
    You know a member. Sean, Eamon's brother.

EDIT: Just read your post properly and seen that you've said you know some of them!
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have a Garmin type watch? I will shortly be in possession of some birthday money (never grow out of the bank of mum and dad, despite me turning 39) and am old enough to pretty much have everything I want (which these days is pretty much nothing).

However... I have just used Strava, and used to use runkeeper. Whilst I don't normally bother for parkrun, I like tracking my longer runs and seeing my splits. I'd also rather not take a phone with me which I'm currently having to do.

So, what I'm after is something with GPS, and can sync with Strava. Hopefully also works well as an everyday watch and doesn't need charging all the time. Any suggestions?