Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    ‘Bad back’ today, but went out and walked it as fast as I could.
    Cycled 70km on Thursday so that helps a bit. Having not been on a proper ride since August it was a bit of a killer.
    Reached the age when you’ve gotta keep going. I’m hoping to be cycling into a ripe old age, fingers crossed. I don’t remember my dad or grandad doing exercise at all outside of the occasional round of golf. 
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    My first for 3 or 4 weeks due to weather/apathy...worse than usual and usual is pretty bad
  • Options
    Great to have some good weather this morning. Happy with a course PB at lancing beach: 21:40. Hope you all got on well. 
  • Options
    Great to have some good weather this morning. Happy with a course PB at lancing beach: 21:40. Hope you all got on well. 
    That’s a great time mate, we’ll done. 

Its not all about times though @Fumbluff
    just getting round is a good achievement and a great way to start your weekend.

good to see @razil (great PB) and @Riviera
    at Avery Hill this morning. Also got to meet @PragueAddick better looking brother. Next time you’re over Richard? :-) 
  • Options
    Lots of Plums out at Greenwich this morning @JohnBoyUK your man got a good cheer before the start. I was competing going round with a Plum with a pram and a Plum with a dog!
  • Options
    rina said:
    Dinton Pastures yesterday was my 86th different parkrun location and I have 14 more Saturdays until I run at Crissy Fields in San Francisco so thinking about the little challenge of making that my 100th different venue. The additional new years day double (thinking of doing Footscray Meadows or Beckenham Place followed by Catford) gives me a little wiggle room though in reality laziness may ruin the plan
    I've surprised myself by somehow managing to keep on track for my little challenge over the last 3 months. had a jog around Clapham Common this morning in the middle of a longer run so that was my 99th different parkrun venue ticked off, all lined up to do the 100th in San Fran in 2 weeks
  • Options
    Bloomin flu following b injury meant I have missed the last 3-4 weeks having only just started.  Hopefully back next w/e.
  • Options
    Lots of Plums out at Greenwich this morning @JohnBoyUK your man got a good cheer before the start. I was competing going round with a Plum with a pram and a Plum with a dog!
    And no doubt Les finished with a pint in his hand!  Thats what he is best known for!
  • Options
    Bloomin flu following b injury meant I have missed the last 3-4 weeks having only just started.  Hopefully back next w/e.
    I was in bed with flu for nearly 2 weeks and had a chest infection for 5 weeks. It’s scary how quickly your body can lose so much energy and strength. Think it’s going to take me a while to get back to normal. Good luck mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    And no doubt Les finished with a pint in his hand!  Thats what he is best known for!
    As suspected lol

• Options
    I was in bed with flu for nearly 2 weeks and had a chest infection for 5 weeks. It’s scary how quickly your body can lose so much energy and strength. Think it’s going to take me a while to get back to normal. Good luck mate
    Fair enough, good advice.  Was most painful waving off the family on holiday today and not being well enough to join them. 
  • Options
    MRI on my knee booked for 4 weeks time to find out the extent of the damage to the ligaments, dreading how unfit I'll be when I start running again!!!
  • Options
    42:52, better than my average time but sub 40 min still seems a long way off. 
  • Options
    That’s a great time mate, we’ll done. 

Its not all about times though @Fumbluff
    just getting round is a good achievement and a great way to start your weekend.

good to see @razil (great PB) and @Riviera
    at Avery Hill this morning. Also got to meet @PragueAddick better looking brother. Next time you’re over Richard? :-) 
    Ha! He might be better looking but he's still a Brexit -bollocks-talker :-) He does keep himself fit though, runs a lot. Not sure I can, haven't run for ages, and got a small patella ligament problem. Cycling, though...
  • Options
    34:13 at Hilly Fields yesterday, felt like harder work than usual in the mild, murky air.
  • Options
    16 miles in 2:03:44, relatively pleased with the average pace of 7:41.

Just need to be able to maintain that for another 10 miles 😅🤣
  • Options
    If I run tomorrow I shall be running with a slight hangover. I’m blaming Booker T & the MGs (Ronnie Scotts). Wonderful night though!
  • Options
    Injured :-(

good luck everyone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoops, missed it
    good luck everybodypeeps
  • Options
    One of my slowest times today (over 33 mins on Strava) but pleased to complete it without stopping tbh. 
  • Options
    AFKA is proof even our fans get more injuries than other clubs 
  • Options
    Well done @Riviera !! 

• Options
    Injured :-(

good luck everyone 
    Thank you Greenwich Park Run's own Darren Anderton!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Well done @Riviera !! 

Thank you @suzisausage. Were you there?
    Felt really good this morning when I woke up and kinda knew I'd have a good run. Wasn't expecting to knock 34 sec off my PB though. Perfect conditions, that moisture in the air kept us cool I reckon. Sub 40 min all of a sudden seems doable.
    Another good turnout, about 300 of us. 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Well done @Riviera !! 

Felt really good this morning when I woke up and kinda knew I'd have a good run. Wasn't expecting to knock 34 sec off my PB though. Perfect conditions, that moisture in the air kept us cool I reckon. Sub 40 min all of a sudden seems doable.
    I was catching up on the z’s but husband said he gave you a cheer for the final climb! He said it was perfect running conditions himself. 
  • Options
    Still injured! Don’t reckon I’ll be back for a few weeks! 
  • Options
    Riviera said:
    Well done @Riviera !! 

I was catching up on the z’s but husband said he gave you a cheer for the final climb! He said it was perfect running conditions himself. 
    He did, "Come on Chirpy!" Most appreciated. 
  • Options
    28 on the nose... Not bad as I haven't been running for a few weeks, and have wisely spent the time instead drinking and smoking