Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

ParkRun / Running Thread

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Crazy at Clapham Common today where there must have been over 1000 runners.
    According to Strava I did my second best time (which tbh is nothing to write home about), although Park Run always have a different timing than Strava’s.
    I ran a couple of times during the week, but much slower than the Park Runs.

Good guess, 1019 there. You were 11 secs off your PB with a very respectable time for your age group. Good effort
  • Options
    Yes there were 1019 runners on Clapham Common.
    My time was 29:18, not great, but ok - 4th in my (very old) age group. Happy with that considering a couple of months ago I hadn’t run 5k without stopping for about 30 years.
  • Options
    417 at Hilly Fields, record numbers and clearly all there to see me stomp round parkrun for the 50th time in 35.18.

Catford had a record crowd too.
  • Options
    Still 850 ish at Chelmsford. I'm finishing in roughly the same place, so I guess the extra people are mainly slower than me and trying to get fit. Good for them.
  • Options
    rina said:

Hoping to start doing this from next week. Have a couple of stone to lose and would like to get a bit fitter too, realised since I crossed 40 it is more difficult than just watching what I eat!

where are you planning to run?
    Norman Park in Bromley as I can drop my little one at the race course for him to do his own activities whilst I run. Anyone been there to do it?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Went to Avery hill this morning, I did anti clockwise speed walking laps of the full park whilst Dec took part. I didn’t feel confident getting involved officially as my sacriallic joint has been buggered since mid December meaning I spent the whole Christmas period laying on the floor. Didn’t want to damage myself before returning to clubbercise Monday but will be back next Saturday and will try to run/walk it. I did grin at you @Riviera but it was on the ‘hill’ up to the house and you looked like you wanted to punch me as I was walking down it instead of running up!
  • Options
    Nice one Suz and Deccers, hopefully see you next week
  • Options

Went to Avery hill this morning, I did anti clockwise speed walking laps of the full park whilst Dec took part. I didn’t feel confident getting involved officially as my sacriallic joint has been buggered since mid December meaning I spent the whole Christmas period laying on the floor. Didn’t want to damage myself before returning to clubbercise Monday but will be back next Saturday and will try to run/walk it. I did grin at you @Riviera but it was on the ‘hill’ up to the house and you looked like you wanted to punch me as I was walking down it instead of running up!

It wasn't a grin it was a full blown laugh! I do remember the incident but I haven't seen you for over 10 years and sorry I didn't recognise you. Hate that hill, I try and keep running but my on-board computer simply won't have it and switches to walk mode.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It wasn't a grin it was a full blown laugh! I do remember the incident but I haven't seen you for over 10 years and sorry I didn't recognise you. Hate that hill, I try and keep running but my on-board computer simply won't have it and switches to walk mode.
    I’ve been served by you at least 3 times in the long pond!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

Crazy at Clapham Common today where there must have been over 1000 runners.
    According to Strava I did my second best time (which tbh is nothing to write home about), although Park Run always have a different timing than Strava’s.
    I ran a couple of times during the week, but much slower than the Park Runs.

Good guess, 1019 there. You were 11 secs off your PB with a very respectable time for your age group. Good effort
    Thanks boss!
    I need to get back on my bike soon. And keep running. Cycling and running have always been mutually exclusive with me for some reason.
    Blood pressure still a bit dodgy :-(

And can I say its good to be back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riviera said:

Why don't you say hello then! Sorry but I only remember that infamous City Addicks night in 2007...
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Why don't you say hello then! Sorry but I only remember that infamous City Addicks night in 2007...
    Will say hello properly next week when i join you walking up that bloody hill. It always beats me.

Was that in the market porter? 2007? Blimey.
  • Options
    Ok you are shaming into starting to run again. Good work.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Will say hello properly next week when i join you walking up that bloody hill. It always beats me.

City Tub, the one when the guest didn't show (Graham Stuart?) and we drank champagne courtesy of my expense account and I told everyone CAFC would beat Curb's West Ham 4-0 the following Saturday....and they did!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

City Tub, the one when the guest didn't show (Graham Stuart?) and we drank champagne courtesy of my expense account and I told everyone CAFC would beat Curb's West Ham 4-0 the following Saturday....and they did!
    I remember the champagne. I thought you were very generous!!
  • Options

rina said:

Hoping to start doing this from next week. Have a couple of stone to lose and would like to get a bit fitter too, realised since I crossed 40 it is more difficult than just watching what I eat!

Norman Park in Bromley as I can drop my little one at the race course for him to do his own activities whilst I run. Anyone been there to do it?
    I did it on NYD 2016 but it was a slightly different course to now. it's all pretty flat though. hope you have a good run next week
  • Options

Ok you are shaming into starting to run again. Good work.

Come and join the growing band of us at Avery Hill mate
  • Options
    Anyone do Junior Parkrun with the kids? Do you run with them or leave them to it?
  • Options

Anyone do Junior Parkrun with the kids? Do you run with them or leave them to it?

I took my 6 and 3 year old over Xmas. I ran with the 3 yr old (meant to be aged 4 min I think). Some parents run, some watch. Depends on your kid I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No pb this week I’m pretty sure :unamused:
  • Options
    27.30 ish, according to the bloke behind me who tried to overtake me but couldn't. Not bad, but I was really feeling it on the lungs. I think until I start running more than once a week I'll get any better. Enjoyed it though. Lots in fancy dress.
  • Options
    Didn't run today as feeling a bit throaty/chesty/sniffy and sorry for myself.
  • Options
    29 something today, but the easiest so far. Didn’t push very hard. Pain avoidance.
  • Options
    Ate a French stick with jam for breakfast and then a galaxy smooth just now... Did 7 miles yesterday and got 14 tomorrow...
  • Options
    First time out today and did 27.30 which I am happy about, some way to catch my brother at sub 20mins but he got all the running genes and I got all the lardy ones.! Enjoyed it and Norman park is great if you have little ones cause they can do mini bees at the stadium whilst you run.
  • Options
    Working today, though not been able to do any exercise for a fortnight now as can't shake a chest infection / cold. Really missing doing exercise.

well done @Athletico Charlton
  • Options

rina said:

Used to do Bromley which is flat. However Beckenham has just started one in Beckenham Place Park, it is still flat but think it is a nicer run personally.

Maybe due to being new and only 200 people there at present. Bromley was getting over 500 which was quite tight in places.

Done it in 28 mins this morning, always feels like you can have an extra beer on match days if you do Park run in the morning!
  • Options
    A slow 36:56 at Danson Park today - amazingly, my first ever visit to the park, never mind to the parkrun. Lovely place.

Really enjoyed it - good and varied course, smashing people volunteering. Will be back. 533 there today.